Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Ken v. Joe
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ken v. Joe
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Ken v. Joe Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok..I was looking in the debating room and didn't see this...so forgive me if this has been done before....I'm going to be a bit of an instigator (sp.?)here... Wink ...who kicks more Galactor butt...Ken or Joe? Or...who's your fav....and why?

Eagle vs. Condor

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-07-2006 21:30 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would say joe..he has more of a kick a** attitude...but then again katse will beat em all....

No new posts 21-07-2006 22:38 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tend to bounce between the two as far as faves, but Joe definitely kicks more Galactor butt.

No new posts 22-07-2006 02:49 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Ken's the more elegant fighter, and since he gets more grandstanding episodes I think he technicially gets to kick more butts/bits than Joe. If Joe goes hand to hand, he just tends to go in with his fists until really rather late on in Gatch 1.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 22-07-2006 14:12 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

True.

*bounces back and forth*

No new posts 22-07-2006 16:12 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

I think that Ken gets more screentime, but Joe probably has more kills up his sleeve.

I will admit to not being a fan of Ken (although I love Mark - his BotP counterpart) because I think that he has a rather selfish character.

Joe, on the other hand, we see many times putting his own needs second to those of others.

On the other hand, I adore Ken/Joe as a couple!!!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 22-07-2006 23:19 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Which is one of the things that confused me about the comics. In Gatch, Joe talks often (well, several times, anyways) about the importance of teamwork. That idea is definitely scrubbed from his personality in the comics.

As I've been rewatching (I'm slowly collecting the dvd sets now) the episodes, I've really enjoyed seeing the team in action. It's such a difference from cartoons now. The worst Gatch episodes are better than some of the best episodes of cartoons over here in the states.

No new posts 23-07-2006 01:35 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Elvin Ruler
Which is one of the things that confused me about the comics. In Gatch, Joe talks often (well, several times, anyways) about the importance of teamwork. That idea is definitely scrubbed from his personality in the comics.

But then in the comics, it's BotP not Gatchaman, so we're looking at Jason rather than Joe.

Jason is much more of a loner than Joe is, and whilst Jason does believe in teamwork - to a point - he wants to be the head of the team, rather than Mark. Jason believes that he's just as an effective leader as Mark (though we never really get to see this theory of his in action). When the chips are down, though, Jason takes his full part in teh team without question - and is always there when his team needs him (the only instances when this occurs are when he;s been detained by an outside event or person).

In Gatch, the team seems to be all of their substitute for family (except for Ken in a way). Joe and Jinpei especially seem to embody this. (though Joe would probably hurt anybody who suggested that to him).

In Gatchaman, the team is held together by the team iteself, whilst in BotP the team is held together by a leader who puts his team first, and the team.

IMHO, the BotP team will be more effective longer because their leader puts team before self, whilst in Gatch we see time and time again where Ken puts his own wishes first.

In many ways, it seems as if Jason got gifted with many of Ken's character traits when the series got translated.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 23-07-2006 02:45 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah. I've never really watched BotP, so I didn't understand where it came from.

No new posts 23-07-2006 03:03 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I don't think Jason ever really wanted to be leader instead of Mark. I think really he was challenging Mark's leadership when he didn't like Mark's ideas, rather than trying to be the leader instead of Mark.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 23-07-2006 12:30 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
quote:
Originally posted by Elvin Ruler

But then in the comics, it's BotP not Gatchaman, so we're looking at Jason rather than Joe.

Jason is much more of a loner than Joe is, and whilst Jason does believe in teamwork - to a point - he wants to be the head of the team, rather than Mark. Jason believes that he's just as an effective leader as Mark (though we never really get to see this theory of his in action). When the chips are down, though, Jason takes his full part in teh team without question - and is always there when his team needs him (the only instances when this occurs are when he;s been detained by an outside event or person).

In Gatch, the team seems to be all of their substitute for family (except for Ken in a way). Joe and Jinpei especially seem to embody this. (though Joe would probably hurt anybody who suggested that to him).

In Gatchaman, the team is held together by the team iteself, whilst in BotP the team is held together by a leader who puts his team first, and the team.

IMHO, the BotP team will be more effective longer because their leader puts team before self, whilst in Gatch we see time and time again where Ken puts his own wishes first.

In many ways, it seems as if Jason got gifted with many of Ken's character traits when the series got translated.

Jason/Joe lost points as a good leader (IMHO) when Ken deserted the team to look for his Dad. The team fell apart...and everyone was too busy blaming Ken/ Mark, instead of focusing on the mission. The Cataroller would've ripped them up if Jun/Princess hadn't taken charge. I think it was Princess that said she was going to , "Save them from this embarrassment."

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-07-2006 13:10 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

May have to watch that episode again too.... I go back and forth between the two myself. Each have their own distint good qualities but in a LOT of ways I still lean towards rebellion.... not sure why though Robinhood I just like to see emotion in the character of any sorts.... anger, jealousy, fear.... any of them so whoever has the most feeling to them at that time is who I like for that moment....

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 23-07-2006 16:10 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

I disagree about Jason wanting to be the leader. It's not that he wants to be the leader, it's that he wants to get things done rather than wait for permission and/or orders. (It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.)

He does value teamwork, but doesn't consider his teammates strengths unless he has to. He takes the first plan that works:

1. I can do it, so I will.
2 .I can't do it, but Princess can. Tell her to do it.
3. I can do it, but we also need a driver. Let Princess set the bomb.
4. Princess is better at setting bombs, she should do it. Just doesn't register.

He's also working on learning to do the things he can't already do. Relies on others for manpower, but doesn't like relying on them for specific skills.

If that first plan has long-term problems, he's not likely to worry about them.

I was going to say that Jason is an effective leader in the short term, but you're right about things falling apart when Mark ran off. Guess I just don't like saying he'd not be good at it.

The recent Munier comics can't really supplement canon. Too many changes.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 24-07-2006 17:15 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Thumb Up! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think he tends to be the type that can forget that he has a team for a split second and goes ahead and does it himself.... Thats what makes him a "bad or indesisive" leader. Other then that I can totally see where he's coming from. I'm kinda like that myself, would rather do the shit myself then to wait on someone else to do it for me.

No new posts 05-08-2006 14:42 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by CricketBeautiful
I disagree about Jason wanting to be the leader. It's not that he wants to be the leader, it's that he wants to get things done rather than wait for permission and/or orders. (It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.)

He does value teamwork, but doesn't consider his teammates strengths unless he has to. He takes the first plan that works:

1. I can do it, so I will.
2 .I can't do it, but Princess can. Tell her to do it.
3. I can do it, but we also need a driver. Let Princess set the bomb.
4. Princess is better at setting bombs, she should do it. Just doesn't register.

He's also working on learning to do the things he can't already do. Relies on others for manpower, but doesn't like relying on them for specific skills.

If that first plan has long-term problems, he's not likely to worry about them.

I was going to say that Jason is an effective leader in the short term, but you're right about things falling apart when Mark ran off. Guess I just don't like saying he'd not be good at it.

The recent Munier comics can't really supplement canon. Too many changes.

I quite agree with that.

Jason is more like Joe and just wants to get th job done without any plans and such. In fact, to me, Jason will go off and do his th9ing in BOTP more than Mark.

If my memory is correct, in the OAVs, Ken is more like Mark and Joe is more like Jason, but that is just my opinion.

No new posts 06-08-2006 08:14 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
I think he tends to be the type that can forget that he has a team for a split second and goes ahead and does it himself.... Thats what makes him a "bad or indesisive" leader. Other then that I can totally see where he's coming from. I'm kinda like that myself, would rather do the shit myself then to wait on someone else to do it for me.

I'd always prefer Mark over Jason but not too sure why.

In Gatchaman, I don't know. It's 50/50 for me.

Although I can work on my own, I prefer to have good and reliable workmates (which I don't in reality) with me, so we can do the job done quickly and efficiently.

No new posts 06-08-2006 08:16 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah yes I forgot to mention that Mark is more of an effective leader than Ken.

No new posts 06-08-2006 08:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thats because he tends to take his teammates thoughts into consideration more so. That is Mark I'm talking about. I would have to admit though that the voice actors helped some when it came to BOTP. My cousins thought I had a crush on Casey for some reason..... don't know why though!!!!

No new posts 06-08-2006 15:34 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I did like the voice actors for BOTP. Match well with the cartoon charactors well. Pity you can't get that in all off the cartoon/CGI series/films.

No new posts 06-08-2006 18:12 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I agree..... I would have to say that for a few years I pictured myself being a nanny to Caseys and Jeans kid!!!

No new posts 07-08-2006 01:30 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: