Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Random Eighties Movies....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Random Eighties Movies....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've wondered the same thing Firebird.... even though I don't have any kids myself I can't help but to wonder how many shows or events even will stick in their minds.

Anyone remember watching Mulligan Stew in school???? They were a kids band that tried to teach you about the four food groups and was made by the 4H club???

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 02-08-2006 21:16 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Did they ever do any shows with "Slim Goodbody"?

"Spider sense....tingling."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Buffy on 03-08-2006 at 02:48.
No new posts 03-08-2006 02:41 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Bwahahahaha! Diet coke on my computer screen again! Slim Goodbody! I forgot about him! He came on Saturday mornings, didn't he?Along with my favorite... School House Rocks... "Conjunction Junction what's your function..."Singer

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-08-2006 02:53 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I seem to recall hitting puberty with Slim Goodbody.

Naturally, I still carry scars....

No new posts 03-08-2006 02:59 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Lux Lux is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

spacer

Ohh... too bad, these shows never crossed the ocean. They seem funny... Sinking

No new posts 03-08-2006 12:49 Lux is offline Send an Email to Lux Homepage of Lux Search for Posts by Lux Add Lux to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
Watched a lot of charmed loved the ending.

V is on Sci fi channel again in the UK, watched it all when it was originally out.

Its amazing how many there were that we can remember from action shows to cartton/anime ones. I wonder if our children will find there shows as memorable

Probably not but you never know.

No new posts 04-08-2006 05:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Happy Shock

I doubt he would have been allowed to set foot on British soil.

We'd have shot him.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 04-08-2006 08:03 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Buffy

Looks like a prat in that pink constume. What is he supposed to be? A gay superhero called Pinkman.

No new posts 04-08-2006 10:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OH MAN I had forgotten about Slim Goodbody myself. UGH!!!!!! The nightmares are coming back!!!!! Grouphug Theres a group hug for anybody thats having nightmares also. Also no ol slimmy boy was never with mulligan stew but they seemed to talk about the same type of things. Or at least the heathy eating ways.

Okay now what about ol Mortimor Icabod Marker..... he was the marker on Picture Pages with Bill Cosby. Which was shown on Captain Kangaroo. Anybody remember them????

No new posts 04-08-2006 16:44 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:
Originally posted by Buffy

Looks like a prat in that pink constume. What is he supposed to be? A gay superhero called Pinkman.

No new posts 04-08-2006 16:45 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No Metaliant... He was on briefly everyday and his costume was a diagram of the inside of the human body. They tried to teach you the ways that your bodies mussels moved and what types of food would help different things. I tend to have nightmares about the show so I tried to repress all the memories. Hopefully someone else could elighten you more on the subject.

No new posts 04-08-2006 16:49 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, I remember "Picture Pages"...but it was a little after my time...also... "Romper Room" was on at about the same time...my youngest brother loved those shows...along with the Sat. morning cartoons..."Godzilla and Godzookie"...anyone remember that one???

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 04-08-2006 at 16:58.
No new posts 04-08-2006 16:50 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I liked the Godzilla cartoon but like Scooby Doo, I didn't like the4 little annoying Godzookie and couldn't figure out what he/she was supposed to be and why they put him in.

First Zark, then it was Godzookie and then it was Scrappy Do. Now THEY gave me nightmares (not frightening but annoying ones).

No new posts 04-08-2006 17:04 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't forget "Snarf" from the Thundercats, and "Orko" from "He-man", too!

No new posts 04-08-2006 17:25 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
."Godzilla and Godzookie"...anyone remember that one???

Remember it??

Up from the depths
30 stories high,
breathing fire
he stands in the sky!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzoooooookie!
(na na-na naaaa na-na na-na nah naaaaaah)
GodziiiiillaaaaahAAAAA

Icecream3

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Buffy on 04-08-2006 at 20:41.
No new posts 04-08-2006 20:41 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Don't forget "Snarf" from the Thundercats, and "Orko" from "He-man", too!

those two weren't that annoying. This is why I liked the first Scooby film, where Scrappy Do was the bad guy and got his just reward.

No new posts 04-08-2006 22:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Some of these are happy memories. Springie I liked Snarf but the others I could have lived without. It's almost like they were trying to bring back the cartoon by adding a kid. As in the case with most sitcomes.

One of my favorite Saturday cartoons was the one with the 4-5 teams competting in the cartoon olympics.... the REALLY ROTTENS were my favorite group. Then you had the Yogi Yahooies, the Scooby Doobies, and the other group that I can't remember their name.

Oh well that was so many years ago!!!!!!!!!! Palla

No new posts 05-08-2006 02:08 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OOOOoooooohhhhh, I think I remember that one. Not too sure though. I can remember Wacky Races, Penelope Pitstop (weird but funny), a cartoon which had Yogi and his buddy and several others who travel in some kind of craft (can't remember what) and solve crimes or such. Can't remember the name of the cartoon but it was okay. I can definately remember the smurfs cartoon and Top Cat.

In Britian, we had some damm good kids programmes on BBc1 and ITV like Rentaghost for example. Cheap, cheesy but great fun.

"Sigh, those were the days." He smiles nostalgalically.

No new posts 05-08-2006 11:06 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Definitely remember godzilla and godzukie. As the song was song and just after his name godzukie would land on the boat and do a tumble.

We also had Ulysses 31 in cartoons on BBC.. I seem to remember more live stuff on ITV and BBC being the cartton/anime side of things. With the exception of course of Grange hill and Tuckers luck. which went onto bikers grove.

Did anyone else see Thunderbirds 2086?

No new posts 05-08-2006 15:46 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Can't remember any Thunderbirds 2086 of hand but possibly with more decriptions.

No new posts 06-08-2006 03:33 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: