Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » V and BotP
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page V and BotP
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
V and BotP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've got a horrible cold and have been watching the V marathon on Sci Fi channel this weekend and this morning in anticipation of the new series.

I'm high on decongestants and such, which always kicks my brain into overdrive, so I got to wondering what would have happened if Spectra had come to Earth and instead of attacking first, pretended to ask for help.

If Anderson had known they were coming and still created G-Force, would he have been able to convince anyone the Spectrans were dangerous until it was too late?

Would the team have acted on its own to prove the Spectrans were dangerous? Would they have been forced to work with rebel forces?

Just a thought.

No new posts 02-11-2009 15:36 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a great idea for a prequel story.

No new posts 02-11-2009 15:52 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Spectra would have to be isolated for this to work. No word could get out that they weren't nice people. Anderson would need some sort of evidence that the Spectrans were lying. Otherwise, there could be the risk of G-Force itself causing the war by doing something that would enrage the Spectrans.

Oh, there's an idea, too.

In 'Fastest Gun in the Galaxy', the old gunfighter notes that Spectra had 30,000 years to learn that violence doesn't really pay. Allowing the first 29,000 years to be completely planetbound, with the last 1000 for the development of a spacefaring civilization, that could work.

Of course, while the Federation (or Alliance, or whatever you want to call it) dithers, Zoltar's thinking like this:

kneelsuckers

No new posts 02-11-2009 16:28 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That whole concept always reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episode 'To Serve Man'. But I think it's a great idea, Becky! It could even work as a 'new tactic. Hmmm.... now I'm thinking....

No new posts 02-11-2009 17:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Today they've been showing the series. There are two characters, Ethan and Kyle Bates, who could easily be Jason and his father, if you borrow the Gatchaman version.

Ethan is a business man with a lot of power and he collaborates with the Diana and the aliens. His son Kyle is a rebel at heart and, of course, joins the rebels to fight the aliens.

Unfortunately, there really isn't much to tie the other characters to BotP characters. I guess Julie could be a female verison of Anderson. That's about it.

No new posts 02-11-2009 17:34 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I had the wrong name. It's Nathan Bates vice Ethan Bates.

No new posts 02-11-2009 17:48 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Better than Norman Bates. Last time I watched V was the mini-series that spawned the original series.

No new posts 02-11-2009 19:00 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Now the Elizabeth part of the story could be interesting. A half lizard, half human child who grew to the size of an 8 year old in a very short period of time and then several years later, grew again into a pretty, blonde young woman.

Transalte that into Botp, she would simply be a half Spectran, half human who would undoubtedly have to be rescued by Jason when the Spectrans tried to kidnap her for nefarious reasons.

Talk about girlfriend problems...

No new posts 02-11-2009 19:11 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: