Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » RL Love story...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page RL Love story...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
RL Love story... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I coudlnt think of a better place to put this thread but in Introductions...

Sometimes, Fate throws you into amazing experiences more dramatic , and incredible than you could ever possibly dream of reading about in any fiction!

Firebird, youve inspired the Romantic in me girl. Not many realise your story and the remarkable meeting thats about to take place in a couple of days.

I wish you all the happiness you deserve my friend. Youve earned it.

Your story is a truly inspiring gorgeous romantic one, and one Ive been blessed to have listened to throughout these past eighteen months or so..

I humbly ask you to share this wonderous event, thats going to have you missing from our boards more often after July the 7th!...

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:18 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Eek

Firebird's getting hitched? Aaah! Congratulations!

*swings FB around*

I'm so happy for you!

No new posts 04-07-2004 19:16 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not exactly Elvin so heres the explanantion for what Imi is referring to.

On Wednesday 7th July I get to meet for the first time by boyfriend that I met online 1 year and and 8 months ago.

I met Adam through an online game that a Gatch member I am friends with (NikkiKarada) suggested I try. Myself and another Member (Lisya) also a friend decided to give this game (Dragonrealms) a try.

On the 4th November 2002, while in the game Lisya met another player who was very helpful in showing her around and how best to train her character. She introduced me to this guy who had in game become her boyfriend.

When I met him he was quite, polite and there was something, I still to this day could not explain what it was that sparked an interest in him. It was a very short very brief encounter.

I was not looking for anyone, to be honest I had decided a while back that I was happy just raising my son and being me, especially after my divorce which happened 13 years earlier. Anyway back to the explanation.....

When I went off to train in the game and try to work out a few other things I decided I was at that time probably just being silly, either that or had had way too little sleep and needed to go bed and just pushed it to the back of my mind. Two days later he and I ran into one another again, he had two characters in the game one of which is a healer and I had while training got hurt so had gone to the hospital to get better. I made it outside and he was there and said Hi. We got talking and that feeling from to days previous returned this time stronger and there was something else, a feeling like I had known him my entire life.

That really was the first proper talk we had and what ended up with us getting together.

Now I will confess to being a stubborn creature, even though I was very interested because of everything I knew i.e how people can lie about who and what they are, I figured with my track record for guys ( I tend to attract creeps and people with tempers) I should really steer clear. So I decided no matter what I was feeling I should just keep it as friends.

We spent a few hours talking that and quiet a few days after this, inspite of a 9 hour time difference (me being in the UK and him in Aus) and a lot of fear I realised that he was a very special guy, not just because of his manners and friendliness but the more I talked to him the more I found we had so much in common and one thing more that finished any notion of pretending we could be just friends was concerned. That one thing was a feeling for the first time of being complete ( I really dont know how else to describe it sorry).

If you ask Adam he will tell you he fell in love with me first and ill be honest still trying to be stubborn he was definitely the first to admit it.

As time went on and because of how we both were he decided that he was going to end his relationship ingame with my friend Lisya. He despite of reassurance from me felt uncomfortable having his first character, a ranger, kiss hers in game when I was around and later on his healer and my character became boyfriend/girlfriend and then husband and wife in the game. This occurred on the anniversary of our first real talk and when we both confess to realising that we had feelings for one another (6th November).

Adam and I inspite of time differences would spend anything from 6-15 hours talking and the more I talked to him the more certain I was that he was "the one" that special person, my soulmate.

It has not been an easy journey to where he and I are now. We have been through a lot, arguments,tears two house moves, job changes and illness but inspite of it all we have always talked things through and he has always been there, been supportive and even when extremely hard for him, been the wonderful, loving and caring person he is.

It maybe crazy but he and I have talked marriage and it is what we both want we decided that we should spend time together first though just in case there was a little habit or behaviour in person we could not live with as far as we were concerned. Ill be honest here given everything and the fact we at time spent hours just watching one another while talking on cams is extrmely unlikely. He has seen and is aware of all my habits good and bad as I am his and I we still want to be together.

He teases me as I tease him though by far the one he enjoyed most was when he got his visa, I called him from work and he told me he had bad news as he had a letter from the British consulate after a wait he then told me he had his Visa. It was almost a 6 week wait to find this out and definitely the best news I heard this year so far.

As I am typing this he will be trying to sleep before the first part of his plane journey here and I am missing him even though we spoke on the phone for an hour (yes the phone bills are high but it is so very worth it) just 5 hours ago. When I am not with him, not hearing his voice, I feel so lost at times. His journey is in two parts the first a 9.5 hour flight to Japan then the second a 12.5 hours flight the next day to the UK.

He has inspired so much in me and I know for certain that this is not only my equal, my partner and the person I love with all my heart as I know he loves me but he is the person I see myself growing old with, the one I will be curled up in old age under a blanket with discussing how things used to be.

The first gift he got me is a heart pendant that is in two parts he wears one and I the other and on Wednesday for the first time in 20 months I get to meet and then live with my soulmate for two years and I can not even begin to tell you how happy I am.

When we first told friends we were together Lisya (who is aware she is blamed for introducing us) said she thought of a song that seemed to fit us perfectly that song is Right here waiting by Richard Marx.

It became our song though after Wednesday the wait will be over.

My personality to be honest is such that if I had been told before he and I met that I would fall in love and maintain a relationship with someone on the otherside of the world I would have laughed. I am a tactile person I love holding and cuddling the people I love.

Imi, I have told you often what a wonderful friend you are and just as Lisya is to blame for introducing us you are to blame for helping me to soar and yet keep my feet near enough to the ground to cope with the distance. You have let me share the joy with you and been a voice of reason through everything. Thank you, you are not only a wonderful person but are a friend in the true sense of the word. Smooch2

Adam, my soulmate, you stole my heart giving me yours in return and there are not words to begin to describe how very much I love you, When I am sad you cheer me up, when I am depressed and upset you calm me just by being there and talking to me. I cant wait til Wednesday.

Elvin I hope this explains in brief what Imi is referring to, Adam and I have agreed we will talk details about arranging a wedding in about 8 months or so.

No new posts 05-07-2004 11:40 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh. Well, I'm still happy for you. Huggles

It just seems that everyone around me has caught the wedding bug. I figured you'd gotten it too. ^_^ Though it seems like you might be experiencing some symptoms. *grin*

I am so glad to hear that you're getting to meet him in person. That must be so exciting. I hope that everything goes smoothly. The internet can be an extraordinary thing. I know I've met some wonderful people here. Hope the days pass quickly to Wednesday for you!

No new posts 05-07-2004 14:27 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Funny you should mention the way you two met because my last lady I met whilst playing Ultima Online Big Grin I had known her for about 3 years before we met and when we did we liked each other in more ways then one! *even bigger grin*

Alas it was not meant to be though and it ended last year as a matter of fact and then I met up with someone else! Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 05-07-2004 21:34 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

You met all us rocking babes from Gatchamania..didnt you didnt you?? Smoochies

SailorjupiterSailorchibiSailormarsSailormercurySailormoon:sailorn
eptune:SailorplutoSailorsaturnSailoruranus Sailorvenus

No new posts 06-07-2004 07:45 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL

am not sure I would refer to myself in quite those terms.

Cep, what you have said goes to show that there are lots of us crazy people out there.

(though at the moment I definitely fall into the crazier than usual category *looks at watch and mutters about how slow time goes*)

No new posts 06-07-2004 08:22 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Hehe Smooch2 yes Imi darl too true! Smile

No new posts 06-07-2004 09:18 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Firebird, congratulations. It's very, very rare that we can find someone that makes us feel that way, and even rarer that they continue to do so, day in, day out. It looks like that's what you've found.

Some say that the Internet lets people hide their true selves.They're wrong. Sure, we may hide some things, but all too often we hit "send" when we shouldn't have, and expose ourselves for all to see.

Lee and Miller, authors of the Liaden Universe books, have this theory: love isn't something magical, it's just putting one foot ahead of the other and leaning on each other.

They're wrong.

Here's hoping that your journey together continues, one magical step at a time.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 06-07-2004 19:42 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Have to agree there Cricket. If love was not something magical we would have control over it and it would not be able to have such an affect on us.

True love can take you to the depths of despair and lift you to the dizziest of heights so you feel like you are flying.

If love was merely just putting one step in front of the other and leaning on one another they maybe they can explain why people die from a broken heart?

Ah well maybe its just us hopeless romantics that give love its magic and if thats the case I'll stick to how I am.

No new posts 07-07-2004 04:49 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Ok will hopefully cach up with you in a few days or so.

Imi will let you know if I got those pics we talked about.

Huggles to everyone and Smooch

No new posts 07-07-2004 09:50 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Goodluck again sweetie! 3D

No new posts 07-07-2004 11:00 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Today's the day! Good luck!

No new posts 07-07-2004 12:17 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ain't luck she'll need, but stamina. Wink

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 07-07-2004 15:42 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Copper Now then, now then, lets not be naughty!

No new posts 07-07-2004 15:55 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Naughty? Two consenting and available adults ain't naughty.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 07-07-2004 20:07 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

Indeed, two consenting adults means alot of terrible puns. Big Grin You know, rockets shooting off into space, buildings being erected, melons being squeezed...you get the picture. Wink

Katse

No new posts 08-07-2004 09:14 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Oh, now, what film was it where they put all those visual metaphors for the, ahem, marital embrace into a big hilarious sequence. Was it one of the Naked Gun films, or did that one just have the Ghost pottery parody followed by the huge safe sex condoms?

Anyway, I'm guessing that FB and Adam will have met up by now? Ah, the romance, all that passion that's been pent up so long. I wonder if the neighbours have complained yet? Wink

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 08-07-2004 13:23 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes we have met up and he has read all the comments here and when he stops giggling I might be able to get him to reply. Though having read that remark there is vigorous shaking of head.

Hmm guess Ill have to find a way to persuade him otherwise.

Imi, forgot the picture sorry was very distracted.

No new posts 10-07-2004 10:53 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Heh. Can't imagine. Wink

No new posts 11-07-2004 12:55 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: