Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Happy week
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Happy week
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Happy week Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I feel so happy this week for at least 3 reasons.

1) I found and bought Starship Troopers 3 - Marauders, which is better than the 2nd film and has the actress who was T'Pol in Enterprise but is more sexier.

2) When the Xbox 360 game Halo 3 came out, I bought several merchandisng stuff which included a small bust of the main charactor Master Chief which came as well and is brilliant.

3) I finally got Battlestar Galactica Season 4 DVDs, which included Razor, which I got on DVD already but the rest of the season, I have seen yesterday and this morning and can't wait for the final season.

No new posts 05-10-2008 10:48 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Woohoo! Good times, Met! I am happy to have this afternoon off from school and work so I can take my kiddees to the park to cookout!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 05-10-2008 13:34 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Happy week Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Chief which came as well and is brilliant.

3) I finally got Battlestar Galactica Season 4 DVDs, which included Razor, which I got on DVD already but the rest of the season, I have seen yesterday and this morning and can't wait for the final season.

I can't wait for the final season either!

I'm glad you're having a happy day. My only plan for the day is to rid the front lawn of the couple hundred or more acorns that the three large oak trees have been dropping everywhere for the last few weeks.

No new posts 05-10-2008 16:03 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Everyone is having fun! I'm hoping to get more work done on my fic today! Big Grin

No new posts 05-10-2008 16:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
RE: Happy week Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Chief which came as well and is brilliant.

I can't wait for the final season either!

I'm glad you're having a happy day. My only plan for the day is to rid the front lawn of the couple hundred or more acorns that the three large oak trees have been dropping everywhere for the last few weeks.

Don't you have squirrels to do this for you LB? Maybe you should hire the Chip and Dale chipmunks, they seemed to do a good job in the cartoons. ROFL 2

No new posts 05-10-2008 20:52 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I was thinking the same thing... Smile you need to recruit some squirrels to aid in the cleanup Wink

No new posts 05-10-2008 21:12 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I also agree, get Chip 'N' Dale Acorn Resucuers.

No new posts 05-10-2008 21:23 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I wish I had squirrel helpers! Instead, they just try to bury the acorns in the lawn, not take them away.

I ended up with more than 500 acorns today -some came up with the lawn sweeper, but most I had to go up and down the lawn, squatting, and pick up by hand -tedious.

And, in another month, all the leaves will start coming down too!

No new posts 05-10-2008 23:51 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well if you lawn sweeper did not pick them why could you not just leave them on the ground? They would have rotted over the winter and acted as good mulch. Or you could have picked them up in another month when the leaves came down and you were raking the leaves.

BTW: What is a lawn sweeper? Is it similar to a lawn mower but it sucks up leaves?

No new posts 06-10-2008 00:18 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

A lawnsweeper operates solely on human energy -you push it and it has brushes that rotate as the wheels turn and sweeps up stuff (it's best at leaves) into a bag behind.

I would leave the acorns on the ground if there weren't so damned many of them, and if they would rot faster -if it were wetter in Indianapolis, I think they would rot better.

Waiting to rake them up with the leaves is what I did last year, and it proved difficult as leaves clump together and can be scooped up en masse, but acorns do not and cannot.

I'm heading into the time of year now when I really wish this house weren't surrounded by so many big trees...

No new posts 06-10-2008 01:41 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
A lawnsweeper operates solely on human energy -you push it and it has brushes that rotate as the wheels turn and sweeps up stuff (it's best at leaves) into a bag behind.

I would leave the acorns on the ground if there weren't so damned many of them, and if they would rot faster -if it were wetter in Indianapolis, I think they would rot better.

Waiting to rake them up with the leaves is what I did last year, and it proved difficult as leaves clump together and can be scooped up en masse, but acorns do not and cannot.

I'm heading into the time of year now when I really wish this house weren't surrounded by so many big trees...

Thank you for informing me about a lawnsweeper LB. Around here we used leaf blowers. You blow the leaves into a big pile and then pick them up and bag them.

Last year was the first year that I was able to rake the leaves to the street and the city would come around and suck them up and mulch them, selling the mulch back to us, next spring, if we want to use it instead of buying bags from the nurseries. (Our neighborhood has reached an age where the town deems the trees old enough for them to do the job of leaf pickup, 30+ years.)

I remember where I use to live, we had a huge oak tree, but I guess we had so many squirrels that we never had many acorns on the lawn. And the Squirrels that WERE stupid enough to walk on the ground were chased by my dog. I think she caught 2 while we lived there. Both times because the squirrel would start climbing the tree and then decide to come down for some reason and my dog would get it as the squirrel charged for another tree.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 06-10-2008 at 01:58.
No new posts 06-10-2008 01:54 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh yes, I forgot, last week I also had 3 music CDs, the first and recent CDs of one of my favourite bands, and the 3rd Queen album as well.

I was too excited to remember them.

No new posts 06-10-2008 15:07 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

And the Squirrels that WERE stupid enough to walk on the ground were chased by my dog. I think she caught 2 while we lived there. Both times because the squirrel would start climbing the tree and then decide to come down for some reason and my dog would get it as the squirrel charged for another tree.

Squirrels are not very bright. I nearly ran one over with my car a month ago. It was running across the road, but far enough ahead of me that I knew it would be out of the way before I got to it, but damned if the stupid thing didn't suddenly reverse direction and run back whence it came -my car went right over it, but it was lucky enough to be between the wheels.

No new posts 06-10-2008 15:29 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Oh yes, I forgot, last week I also had 3 music CDs, the first and recent CDs of one of my favourite bands, and the 3rd Queen album as well.

I was too excited to remember them.

I love getting new CDS too. The BF just got "Dave Gilmour: Live in Gdansk", and has been playing it frequently, so now I keep finding myself humming Pink Floyd tunes.

No new posts 06-10-2008 15:34 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Squirrels are the tool of the devil. I think they're all Galactor mecha in disguise. It would explain their lack of intelligence.

No new posts 06-10-2008 17:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Do you mean Galactor goons and Mech captains?

No new posts 06-10-2008 17:49 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

<Hino suddenly has the image of an acorn mecha being commanded by a captain in a furry brown suit and a big bushy tail... > Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 06-10-2008 22:58 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There you go something to add to the story you are writing. ROFL 2

No new posts 06-10-2008 23:14 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, don't underestimate the evil power of acorns! More than once I've been standing on the front lawn and had one fall and hit me on the head -they hurt!

No new posts 06-10-2008 23:45 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Should we call you Chicken Little, then? Wink

No new posts 07-10-2008 01:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: