Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Howl's Moving Castle
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Howl's Moving Castle
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Howl's Moving Castle Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So, has anyone seen it yet?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 30-09-2005 14:06 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Haven't seen it, but I hear that both it and the book it's based on are good. Pretty sure the movie is kid-friendly, not sure about the book.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 01-10-2005 14:30 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not one theater near me is showing it. If I go to a different city, they quit showing it just as I check. O_o Guess I'll wait for the dvd, then.

No new posts 03-10-2005 00:30 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The book seems to have very good reviews. And it's a children's book. My daughter has reached the point where she can have bedtime stories that are chapters of longer books, although she doesn't like it as it takes more of her attention. Hmmmmm... though.....

I have found that the film is on at a cinema near me this week. I have until Wednesday to get out and see it. Tuesday is out since I already have commitments... tomorrow is out since it's the day we're doing our wedding anniversary on... sunday we're having lunch with in-laws which might mean I'm not back in time. So, monday or wednesday then. I shall report back with a review or brief comments of some type.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 14-10-2005 21:37 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

Diana Wynn Jones is a very good author

No new posts 14-10-2005 21:39 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah yes, there is a warning about mild peril. This leads me to believe that I will not enjoy the film if I take my daughter, due to her trying to claw my arm off during the perilous bits. No doubt I will eventually get it on DVD and by then she won't be scared of it. Although given how scared she was by The Incredibles on our not-huge TV the other weekend, her ability to spot the difference between fantasy and reality is not very well developed yet.

No new posts 14-10-2005 21:40 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I did get to see it in the end. It is lovely, as I expected it to be.

I had read a few brief reviews, to get an idea of the movie's content without spoilers. The word "baffling" kept on cropping up.

When I came out of the cinema, feeling all uplifted as I usually do after really enjoying a film, I was thinking, "What was so baffling about that?" And by the time I went to bed, I was so baffled trying to work out all the little bits that fit around the edges of the main story, that I couldn't get to sleep. Which I suspect is an element of the book, as I have read one Diana Wynn Jones book before and had exactly the same problem with that.

Very enjoyable though. It was a good idea that I didn't take my daughter, as we would have had to leave half an hour before the end.

No new posts 23-10-2005 08:23 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: