Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Movie Third Weekend
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Movie Third Weekend
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Movie Third Weekend Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

The Gatchaman movie has now had its third weekend of release, and I'm sure some of you are wondering how well it did. Sadly, at this point, I don't have a lot of news in that regard. You see, the film has now dropped off of the Japanese Top 10 box office list. I'm currently unable to find any lists that go beyond #10 for this last weekend. Fortunately, on about Wednesday or Thursday, the slightly longer lists (Usually the top 14 or 15 films) are released, along with the stats on total gross, number of theaters, and the like. So, assuming Gatchaman is still in the top 15 films (Which is likely), we should have some information on it later this week.

Like I said, not much real news, but I figured you'd want to know what little I know right now.

James

No new posts 09-09-2013 17:24 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for keeping us updated, James. Thanks

No new posts 09-09-2013 19:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Me too.

No new posts 09-09-2013 20:16 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Thanks James.

No new posts 09-09-2013 22:36 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

The more detailed lists for the Japanese box office results from last weekend have been released, including the Top 15 films, not just the Top 10. As expected, Gatchaman did manage to stay in that expanded category, coming is as the #12 film on the list. The breakdown is as follows:

#1 - The Wind Rises (Hayao Miyazaki animated movie, 8th week in release)
#2 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (A CG version of Leiji Matsumoto's classic comic, 1st week in release)
#3 - Man of Steel (2nd week in release)
#4 - Sadako 3D2 (A Japanese live action horror movie, 2nd week in release)
#5 - Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day (Japanese animated movie, 2nd week in release)
#6 - Solve the Mystery after Dinner (A Japanese live action movie, 6th week in release)
#7 - Monsters University (10th week in release)
#8 - Star Trek Into Darkness (3rd week in release)
#9 - White House Down (4rd week in release)
#10 - A Boy Called H (A Japanese live action movie, 5th week in release)
#11 - World War Z (5th week in release)
#12 - Gatchaman (3rd week in release)
#13 - Pacific Rim (5th week in release)
#14 - Lone Ranger (6th week in release)
#15 - Pokemon Best Wishes: Extreme Speed Genesect (9th week in release)

So, how did the film do financially? Well, it remained on 307 screens, that same as the first two weeks of release, which is good. It's take for the weekend of September 7th and 8th was 33,452,281 yen ($334,603.71 at current rates), a drop of 46,908,296 yen ($46,908,296 at current rates) from the weekend of August 31st/September 1st. This equates to a 58% drop in weekend box office gross from last weekend.

Fortunately, when you look at the film's total income for the week of September 2nd through the 8th, the picture isn't quite so gloomy. During that period, the film took in 75,228,899 yen ($752,528.94 at current rates). The previous week, the movie grossed 80,360,577 yen ($805,648.76 at last weeks rates), meaning a week-to-week drop of only 5,131,678 yen ($51,334.53 at current rates), which is just slightly more than a 6% drop.

The film has now reached a total box office of 390,822,249 yen ($3,909,470.95 at current rates) -- well below what it was expected to make. Hopefully it will be able to maintain a similar week-to-week average for a while, keeping it in the Top 15 films, so we can continue to follow its results.

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 11-09-2013 at 19:20.
No new posts 11-09-2013 19:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Fingers crossed! Thanks, James!

No new posts 11-09-2013 20:19 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Here's to a steady few weeks.

No new posts 11-09-2013 20:58 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

If you look at the films around it in the list, it is surrounded by movies in their 5th and 6th weeks... suggesting it is lower down than it should be for only 3 weeks since release. That's not a good sign.

No new posts 12-09-2013 13:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: