Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » A Rare Find
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Rare Find
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
A Rare Find Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Don't ask me where this came from -- I have no idea!
==========

Saying Amethyst’s life had become a whirlwind would be off the mark – her world hadn’t calmed down to that point yet. One minute she was coming home from a Boy Scout fund raiser, and the next she was the world’s obsession. She found herself drowning in interviews, accolades, and awards. There was even talk of a Nobel Prize.

But those things paled in comparison to this moment. She was standing in the latest, greatest addition to the Utoland National Zoo, the one place the ISO deemed to be the best and safest place for her discovery. She was there with a select few for a private viewing before any of the public was allowed in.

Her nearest friends from Gatchamania stayed in a loosely-defined clump near the left side of the viewing glass, each one being unusually wide-eyed and slack-jawed at what they saw. If ElectricWhite’s 18-year-old grand nephew hadn’t kept a hand on her shoulder, she surely would have fallen out of her wheelchair as she leaned forward to get a better look.

“I wonder how old the silver-haired one is.” the grand-nephew said.

“Hard to say.” ElectricWhite answered, “I’m just surprised to see a litter of young.”

Dr. Nambu was near the center. “Fascinating.” he breathed, "I was sure they were extinct." If he could have, he would have pressed his nose against the glass. And he would have been joined by the upper-crust of the ISO.

The Science Ninja Team was scattered among the small group, looking relaxed while keeping an eye on everything. Amethyst did her best to hide her excitement as the Condor sidled up to her.

“So,” he said as he kept his eyes on the ISO officials closest to Nambu, “how’d you find those things?”

“I just happened to hear a noise,” she replied, “and I found them hiding under the porch.”

“Huh.” he said before easing away. Amethyst quietly berated herself for not adding something like: “But then I had to beat off a hungry mountain lion that was stalking them. And then a black bear attacked! If you’ll come with me to someplace a little more private, I’ll show you where I got scratched by its claws...”

A couple of zookeepers tossed several small, green bundles into the enclosure. The audience let out “ooh”s and “ah”s as the activity changed.

“Oh, look!” littlewolf cried, “The silver-haired one’s putting his in his pouch!”

“Are you sure that’s a male?” KT1972 asked.

“No.” LW replied, “They don’t have these in Australia, so I’ve never seen any up close.”

“Why are those bundles rectangular like that?” the grand-nephew asked, “Is it some sort of dietary quirk?”

“Good question.” his great-aunt replied.

“Amethyst,” Daniella T called from her vantage point, “what are these called again?”

“Moderate Republicans.”

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 23-10-2012 at 18:55.
No new posts 23-10-2012 18:46 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
RE: A Rare Find Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You must be on a stronger dose of vicodin, then I've been on, but then I've been on stronger and it still acts the same on me.

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
“Moderate Republicans.”

I'm pretty sure they're all extinct now.

No new posts 23-10-2012 20:13 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: A Rare Find Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
You must be on a stronger dose of vicodin

If only! The only side effect I've ever had from pain killers is an occasional bout with drowsiness. (How tragic is that? drama )

No new posts 23-10-2012 20:22 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

If only! The only side effect I've ever had from pain killers is an occasional bout with drowsiness. (How tragic is that? drama )

Me too, and even then it is usually only bad enough to notice if I'm already drowsy. But I'm the same with amphetamines, too. It took a week of taking four prescription strength sudafed a day to get me wired, and then it was mostly from not enough to eat and restless sleep, and it wasn't a hyper-wired, but a jittery, nervous-wired that comes from sleep deprivation.

As I kid I was afraid to take drugs because I was on an asthma medicine that caused seizures and mixing it with unknown really scared me. As an adult, I've been prescribed some of the main drugs that were popular in school (except pot and coke), and I've wondered what all the fuss was about.

No new posts 23-10-2012 20:42 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry, I must've missed something: what do they eat? You mention something about green things... Surely not ecologists?

No new posts 24-10-2012 20:53 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
Sorry, I must've missed something: what do they eat? You mention something about green things... Surely not ecologists?

I had bundles of 100-dollar bills in mind, but then I couldn't go into too much detail without the risk of ruining the ending...

No new posts 25-10-2012 00:13 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too, and even then it is usually only bad enough to notice if I'm already drowsy. But I'm the same with amphetamines, too. It took a week of taking four prescription strength sudafed a day to get me wired, and then it was mostly from not enough to eat and restless sleep, and it wasn't a hyper-wired, but a jittery, nervous-wired that comes from sleep deprivation.

As I kid I was afraid to take drugs because I was on an asthma medicine that caused seizures and mixing it with unknown really scared me. As an adult, I've been prescribed some of the main drugs that were popular in school (except pot and coke), and I've wondered what all the fuss was about.

I was on asthma medicine as a kid, too, though mine didn't cause seizures. I seem to have inherited my dad's tendency to have weird reactions to some sedatives and anesthesia. For instance, when I had the thyroid biopsy, the local anesthesia worked when they took the first sample. But, in the few seconds between the end of the first and the beginning of the second sample, the anesthesia completely quit.

No new posts 25-10-2012 01:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I was on asthma medicine as a kid, too, though mine didn't cause seizures. I seem to have inherited my dad's tendency to have weird reactions to some sedatives and anesthesia. For instance, when I had the thyroid biopsy, the local anesthesia worked when they took the first sample. But, in the few seconds between the end of the first and the beginning of the second sample, the anesthesia completely quit.

I was on Theophyline as a kid, and a pretty heavy dose, at that. I was never taught to manage it, and I often tell people I was 40 years old when I finally learned to breathe correctly, thanks to learning yoga.

When my middle son was diagnosed with it, too, I did the exact opposite of what my parents did with me: I taught him to recognize the signs and feelings of an oncoming attack; I encouraged physical activity. Now the only time I interfere with his self-management is the occasional reminder to start taking his preventive when I notice a persistent cough. He hates taking meds, and to some degree I think that is a good thing, as long as he recognizes when he needs to take them, and so far he seems to.

No new posts 25-10-2012 02:00 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

EW: So there's going to be a sequel? cheeleader3

On another issue -- glad you changed your signature! Elfgrin2

No new posts 25-10-2012 12:22 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
EW: So there's going to be a sequel? cheeleader3

On another issue -- glad you changed your signature! Elfgrin2

At this point, I don't have a sequel planned. But I can't say what the future holds...

Spider And as far as the signature goes, I still don't see why you freaked out over the last one... Spidereek

No new posts 25-10-2012 17:37 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Spider And as far as the signature goes, I still don't see why you freaked out over the last one... Spidereek

Eeeeeeeek! Faint

No new posts 26-10-2012 08:15 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: