Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Hero
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hero
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tajiri Tajiri is a Male

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer
Hero Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

"Hero" was finally given a theatrical release in the US and I got to see it. What a kick ass film. The fight scenes are amazing, the best one being between Maggie Cheung and Ziyi Zhang in leaf-filled clearing. But the fighting aside the best part about this film is the Cinematography of Christopher Doyle. There are seas of colors throughout this film. Yellows and reds in the before mentioned leaf fight scene to a wave a black armored soldiers running up stairs, plus much more. If you like any type of samurai movies I would highly recommend "Hero".

No new posts 06-09-2004 02:28 Tajiri is offline Send an Email to Tajiri Search for Posts by Tajiri Add Tajiri to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just saw it.

Blew my mind.

Everything he did right in Crouching Tiger, which was just about everything, he did right here, as well.

And he added a few more tricks -- with plot and POV and and sound and environment and timing.

The director is an artist -- blending all the arts available to him into one coherent and stirring and lovely whole.

Itzaak Perlman was the featured soloist -- incredible.

Definitely worth seeing twice, or more.

Cricket

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 16-09-2004 14:20 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: