Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » For Eagle Lovers...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page For Eagle Lovers...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
For Eagle Lovers... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

No, it's not what you think. It's a webcam set up beside an Eagles' nest on Hornby Island in British Columbia, Canada.

This eagle couple has one baby (so cuuuute!) and one egg that hasn't hatched (and probably won't now).

Since I learned about this link, I've been tuning in regularly to see what they're doing -it's addictive.

http://www.hornbyeagles.com/webcam.htm

No new posts 12-05-2010 14:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

LOL, trust a Condor to become addicted to Eagles! ROFL 2

Great link, LB!

No new posts 12-05-2010 15:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh, LB! They're so cute! I admit that, primarily, I was intrigued by the title of this thread as an Eagle (you know who!) lover! ... but I wasn't let down at all! It's always fascinating to see the parenting instinct of such creatures! Thanks for sharing!

No new posts 12-05-2010 15:16 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

One of the eagles just topped Baby with some nesting material. Some sort of raptorial version of tucking Baby into bed, or just being messy? (And Baby's too young to get around the nest, yet.)

No new posts 12-05-2010 15:57 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

That wittle baby eagle is so cute!

No new posts 12-05-2010 18:00 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

So cool! We have an Eagle cam around here, too...it's so much fun to watch!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-05-2010 20:27 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

Wow! That is so awesome. I could watch it for hours. Thanks for the link, LB.

No new posts 13-05-2010 00:15 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
One of the eagles just topped Baby with some nesting material. Some sort of raptorial version of tucking Baby into bed, or just being messy? (And Baby's too young to get around the nest, yet.)

Could be messiness. I've noticed that sometimes there are fish in the nest that aren't quite dead, and occasionally start flopping around, or quite dead (attracting flies).

What's funny to me is that the baby's name (bestowed by the people who run the camera) is "Phoenix".

No new posts 13-05-2010 01:08 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Brissy's got Frodocam.

For a number of years we've had a pair of Peregrine Falcons who set up home on a ledge of one of our most prestigous inner-city apartment buildings/hotels.

They've been nesting there since 1999 and the cam has been going since 2003.

Frodocam

It's quiet at the moment because the nesting season hasn't begun, but when it does, they're there in force.

Little buggers seem to know the camera is there and often "play" to it.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 13-05-2010 02:30 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
BirdLover
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

Registration Date: 22-04-2010

spacer

Thank you LB for posting this link. I have enjoyed watch this baby eagle grow over the last few weeks.

I love seeing young birds grow up. A few years ago I had a link to watch some baby hummingbirds as they hatched, grew and fledged.

Maddy I will have to keep an eye on that cam. and see when things start happening there.

No new posts 04-06-2010 02:33 BirdLover is offline Send an Email to BirdLover Search for Posts by BirdLover Add BirdLover to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

"Phoenix" has grown a lot in last few weeks, hasn't he/she? Now baby hummingbirds, they must have been very tiny!

No new posts 05-06-2010 04:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
BirdLover
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

Registration Date: 22-04-2010

spacer

Yes they were tiny, but I suspect the camera had telephoto on all the time so we could see better.

Phoenix and the eagles here are much larger and would not need that adjustment, but it is amazing what can be captured on "film" these days.

No new posts 05-06-2010 11:19 BirdLover is offline Send an Email to BirdLover Search for Posts by BirdLover Add BirdLover to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer

Yeah, we have a falcon cam here in Indy too, Our Peregrines are Kinney and Kathy Q. Right now their little one are fledging and it is a nervous time. In fact, there's a big search on right now because one of the fledgelings went missing the other day and day before yestereday some people saw a banded bird on the windshield of a car. Instead of calling anyone, they were taking pictures of it when the owner of the car jumps in and takes off, with the poor bird still on her windshield. All we know is that it was one of the female juviniles. They found one female down this morning and returned her safely to where she belongs, but we don't think it was the one that went for the unscheduled ride.

Just a side note: Kinney is one of the oldest Peregrines around at 17 years and he's the most prolific of all of them on record in the Midwest Database here in the US. This year saw his 55th-58th offspring hatch.

Sorry to be so longwinded, but I've become hooked on these birds.flying

No new posts 05-06-2010 15:12 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: