Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Extra DVD in Gatchaman box sets?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Extra DVD in Gatchaman box sets?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
WadeInLincoln WadeInLincoln is a Male

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-03-2010

spacer
Extra DVD in Gatchaman box sets? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As I'm building my Gatchaman DVD collection, I figured it was cheaper to buy the 18 individual volume series then the 9 DVD box sets, at least off the auction sites.

That being said, I've noticed the box sets come with an extra DVD..... for a total of 9 extra DVDs if you got the complete set.

Are these 9 'different' DVDs or the same DVD being given out 9 times???

Is it worth it? Cuz right now with the money I save buying the individual volumes, I can buy an extra volume (or 3 volumes total) for the price of one box set (only 2 volumes and extra DVD).

I'm only up to Vol. 4 myself so I still got some money to spend and volumes to add. Money is tight right now (temporarily laid off) but in the end, I still want the best Gatchaman experience I can get.

No new posts 16-03-2010 00:42 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

No - they are different and contain different extras based on a different character.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 16-03-2010 00:52 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interviews with the voice actors and character sketches and biographies. They also have excerpts from Gatch manga, and the first extra has a history of Tatsunoko (although they repeat the now-legend of Yoshitake Amano designing Berg Katse, Jun, and Nambu). The last one has a fun gathering of the voice cast to answer fan questions that were sent in.

(The VA for Director Anderson could play him in the movie -- minus the bombastic tone.)

No new posts 16-03-2010 01:25 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

IMHO, most of the 'extras' discs are not that exciting. If you're deciding between those and an extra disc of episodes, definitely go for the episodes.

No new posts 16-03-2010 02:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah
I'm kinda of leaning that way....
I got the Magna series already
The voice actors and the director are a fun bunch to hear ramble on by themselves on the regular extras. But none of them seem to have any inside Gatchaman knowledge at all. Only that 'most' of them watched it as children. Of course 23 years later and doing voice-overs in Houston, Texas what do you expect???
Sketches are nice....
Bios could be useful if the information is exclusive
I don't have the history of Tatsunoko or Amano yet but that sounds like it can be obained in other places.

Thanks again all

No new posts 16-03-2010 02:52 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
Thunderbird Thunderbird is a Male
God of Thunder

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-04-2008

spacer

I found the extras disks really boring. Too much about who did the dub now rather than content about the series.

No new posts 16-03-2010 02:54 Thunderbird is offline Send an Email to Thunderbird Homepage of Thunderbird Search for Posts by Thunderbird Add Thunderbird to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

A lot of the information you'll get is available here, other places on the web and from Hofius' book.

No new posts 16-03-2010 03:41 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Well, seeing who's behind the voice is interesting, but yes, you don't really need the extras.

(The VA for Berg Katse was in the original 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' movie. Adds a little something to some of BK's dialogue to know that.)

No new posts 16-03-2010 03:45 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain Curtain I admit that it is fun seeing who is doing the voices behind your favorite characters. Wish I could get a gig doing that.

Probably end up having to get a box set along the way any how. I did find a pretty good Seller and told him my situation. He says that he's willing to hold a new copy of each volume for me, so I will have to see how that goes.

No new posts 16-03-2010 18:39 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by WadeInLincoln
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain Curtain I admit that it is fun seeing who is doing the voices behind your favorite characters. Wish I could get a gig doing that.

I agree that the voice actor can sometimes make or break a character, but sometimes if the character is written or drawn well enough the actor doesn't need to work as hard. On the other hand if the character is poorly written and drawn no actor can compensate.

I have yet to watch the Hitchhikers guide because the idea of Alan Rickman's voice coming out of Warwick Davis's body just completely squicks me.

No new posts 16-03-2010 19:51 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer

The extra dvds are nice to have, especailly for a collector.

No new posts 16-03-2010 22:50 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Pretty cool MySpace page there gatch72

Unfortunately this small time collector is a victim of circumstance at the moment.

No new posts 16-03-2010 23:37 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer

I'm currently working on a new website and that will no longer be available. This i hope will be a great website, with lots of info, pics and more!
Thankx

No new posts 16-03-2010 23:44 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatch72
I'm currently working on a new website and that will no longer be available. This i hope will be a great website, with lots of info, pics and more!
Thankx

I can't wait until it's up. The world needs more Gatch based websites.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 17-03-2010 00:08 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

You can get most of the boxsets at rightstuf.com for uber cheap.

No new posts 23-03-2010 23:45 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Those are some good prices.... Thanks!!!

No new posts 28-03-2010 03:57 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I got the Magna series already

I should point out that the Gatchaman manga on the DVD extras is not the Top Cow BotP Manga comic series. Instead, it is a translation of the stories from the three volumes of the Gatchaman Ace Five Comics released in Japan. These books each contained adaptations of three episodes from the series. The art is, frankly, quite awful, but they're still fun to see.

James

No new posts 28-03-2010 17:16 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: