Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Youtube stuff
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Youtube stuff
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Youtube stuff Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was just looking around and found this user's videos...just curious if anyone else has seen these and if they're related to the upcoming movie?

Thoughts anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/user/JulesWorld

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 04-11-2007 at 14:43.
No new posts 04-11-2007 14:42 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have seen these.
And I believe I read somewhere that they are not related to the upcoming movie, but at this time, it is anyones guess.

I really do not think the Zark clip will be in it, if any of them are.
It is a Gatch movie not BOTP.
(At least, so the producers keep claiming.)

No new posts 04-11-2007 16:08 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

These have been around for awhile... there had been rumours about a new BOTP series, and I think they were related to that.

No new posts 04-11-2007 16:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

That footage was made for a BOTP online video game from Julesworld...it's pretty cool...actually there are 2 of them...the Zoltar's revenge one is hard though...

Hmmmm... I can't seem to find it anymore...anyone else have a link? Or is it gone?

Anyhow, here's the game trailer...

Game Trailer

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-11-2007 16:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

The game is gone. It appeared with little to no publicity, and disappeared as soon as their contract was up. I doubt most people even knew it was there.

James

No new posts 04-11-2007 17:26 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Damn...another thing I missed while on net hiatus!

No new posts 05-11-2007 16:19 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I played it... the first one was fun...I almost beat the whole thing...

but the best part was the in-between segments...and you can still see those on the Game trailer... Jackinbox

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 05-11-2007 20:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

That was a shame, it looked like it deserved a wider audience

No new posts 05-11-2007 21:08 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't feel too bad for having missed it. While I never played the game myself, though I did see some of the visuals, and I was distinctly underwhelmed by what I saw.

Actually, I wrote a little about it in my section for the last issue of the Bird Scramble APA. Here's what I had to say then, and I can't say I've changed my mind any since then:

"The finale for the evening was a video made of an online BotP game that came and went with no fanfare and almost no one knowing it existed. I'd heard this was coming, but never heard that it actually went online. The graphics were okay, though from what Greg (The poor devil who actually played the game that the video was made from) said, it was nearly unplayable. The interstitial scenes, mostly with Zark and Mark or the Spirit and Zoltar, were awful. The voice acting was among the worst I've ever heard, and their attempts at humor were both juvenile and insulting. If the people working on the game had so little respect for the property, it's just as well that the game came and went unheralded."

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 06-11-2007 at 02:01.
No new posts 06-11-2007 02:00 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

But you got to shoot targets that looked like 7-Zark-7, while flying the G1. That's got to be worth something! Wink

No new posts 06-11-2007 02:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's not worth enough, especially since you're flying a barely controllable plane to do so, or when you have to put up with sequences where the Spirit keeps commenting on Zoltar's lipstick, or where Zark is being portrayed so stupidly that even people who don't care for Zark find it insulting. Honestly, the "humor" in these sequences were of a level that stopped being funny to most people by the time they reached High School.

Yes, as fans, we do make fun of aspects of the show. The difference is that we do it out of love. The people who did the game did it in a mean-spirited way. In many ways, the difference might seem slight. But in all the ways that count, it means a great deal.

James

No new posts 06-11-2007 02:16 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I was just happy to see that someone went to the trouble to make a BOTP video game...but I'd really love to see someone do a really nice video game for BOTP/ Gatch...maybe, if the movie does well...
Animejoy (I'll keep dreaming...)

No new posts 06-11-2007 02:22 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Japan has had a few video games with Gatchaman themes. The latest one is a simulation of the Gatchaman pachislot machine, playable on the PS2. Prior to that was Tatsunoko Fight and Gatchaman: The Shooting, both for PS1.

The main selling point of the Pachislot video game is the video game aspects included in the pachislot machine, where you get to have battles between Jun and the Lady Captain or the God Phoenix versus King Dragon. It's those things that make it more than just a simple slot machine.

Tatsunoko Fight was a fighting game, where you had two different Tatsunoko characters beating each other up. Three characters from each of the Tatsunoko hero shows (Gatchaman, Casshan, Hurricane Polymer, Tekkaman, and a new hero named Volter) were represented in the game. From Gatchaman, you had Ken, Jun, and Katse. Initially you could only choose to play the main male heroes, but as you progressed through levels, you unlocked various aspects, allowing you to play the female and villain characters.

The main selling points for Tatsunoko Fight are just the fun of playing the different Tatsunoko characters, as well as trying to see their special movies in action, coupled with voice work that was done by the original TV series voice talent.

Gatchaman: The Shooting was part of the "Simple Game" series, which meant that it wasn't designed to be in-depth or very elaborate. Instead, it was designed to just be basic, fun, and nice looking, all of which it accomplished. Of the games, it's actually the one I've enjoyed the most.

It's a basic scrolling shooter game. It has four sections, during which you play a different Ninja Team character (Ken, Joe, Jun, and Jinpei. Ryu gets kinda shafted in this one). You go through a section with the character travelling on foot through enemy territory, finally facing off against an Iron Beast. You then play through a round with the character's G-Mecha to, once again, face off against an Iron Beast. Once all four characters have completed their tasks, you take the God Phoenix in a fight against Governor X and Katse in the Devil Star. Once you win, everyone except Katse celebrates, and you can start the game over again. Like I said, simple, but fun.

The big selling point for this game are the graphics, most of which are based of the series itself. The characters are using their individual weapons against the Gallactor forces, and the Gallactor forces include not just your average Gallactor member, but also the Micros robots, the crab bulldozers, Shutterkiller, the dragonfly mecha, and more, before you finally face off against level bosses like Turtle King, Hebi Cobra, Snake 828, and Magnecheck. It's those touches that sell the game, despite the simple format.

Unfortunately, all of these games came out at the tail end of the lifespan for their particular game systems, which severely hampered their long-term shelf life. A shame too, since they are fairly fun!

James

No new posts 06-11-2007 18:02 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: