Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hi
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hi
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PalyNerd PalyNerd is a Female

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-07-2010

spacer
Smile Hi Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have been lurking for a couple of months so thought I had better register and introduce myself. I have mainly been lurking on the episode of the week board so far and have really enjoyed reading the summaries.

My sisters and I were huge fans when we were kids. I was Mark, my next sister was Jason and my baby sister had to be whoever was needed in that particular episode.

We pretty much lived the game for a long time which meant my mum had to take us everywhere in plastic helmets, cape and wellingtons and refer to us girls as Mark and Jason in public!

I only discovered Gatchaman a couple of months ago. I was looking for cartoons to show my airplane/spaceship/rocket mad sons and found Battle of the Planets in the library and they had a Gatchaman ep on it.

Ever since I have been watching eps on youtube whenever I can find the time.

No new posts 17-07-2010 06:15 PalyNerd is offline Send an Email to PalyNerd Search for Posts by PalyNerd Add PalyNerd to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hiya PalyNerd! Come right in! Animehello

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 17-07-2010 06:26 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Palynerd! Jump right in and enjoy the conversations!

Hav you seen much Gatchaman other than that episode?

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 17-07-2010 06:29 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Wave3

Welcome!!

God love youtube! I spent way more than my download limit watching Gatchaman episodes when I first found out that there was a series behind BotP!

Anyway, jump in, swim around, the water's great - there's no crocs lurking and if they are, we have the big red button to take care of them! *snigger*

No new posts 17-07-2010 06:44 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Good to have you with us!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-07-2010 08:46 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Dormagus Dormagus is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-10-2007

spacer

Welcome to the insanity. Enjoy your stay.

No new posts 17-07-2010 11:18 Dormagus is offline Send an Email to Dormagus Search for Posts by Dormagus Add Dormagus to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Dormagus1977 YIM Screenname: Dormagus
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Welcome! Come in and make yourself at home Witch 2

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 17-07-2010 11:39 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome Palynerd, it sounds like you have been introduced to Gatchaman in pretty much the same way most of us have been. Though BOTP first.

Please feel free to pick up a conversation in any thread you want.

No new posts 17-07-2010 11:45 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Through Amazon, you should be able to get the DVDs.

Welcome.

No new posts 17-07-2010 13:31 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Hey there! If you love all things Battle of the Planets, this is definitely the place to be! Hope you have as much fun as I do! See ya around!

No new posts 17-07-2010 13:56 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Nice to meet you, Palynerd! I too was a BOTP fan in the 70s, and didn't discover Gatch until 2006.

Do your sons like Battle of the Planets and Gatchaman? It's always good to make new, young converts!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 18-07-2010 at 01:20.
No new posts 17-07-2010 18:40 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes my boys are enjoying watching BotP. They have a thing for planes at the moment and love the god phoenix because it can go underwater!

I only recently watched the last 5 eps so Joe dying was a huge surprise!

No new posts 17-07-2010 23:38 PalyNerd is offline Send an Email to PalyNerd Search for Posts by PalyNerd Add PalyNerd to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I know it surprised a lot of people, me included, when I first learned about it. "Joe/Jason can't die !!!!!!" It took me almost a year to want to watch the eps where he dies.

No new posts 17-07-2010 23:45 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

I think I was lucky that I had read something before hand about Joe dying...

And that he had been brought back!

OMG, if I hadn't...

I'd still be a total mess....

*sniff*

Am still a bit of a mess...

No new posts 18-07-2010 01:03 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

Saw the first couple eps of Eagle Riders and read stuff online.

Actually, it was an ad trailer for OAV Gatchaman that gave me the 'right' name to search. Seriously, ever search 'G-Force'? Of course, that I first search in 1997 probably didn't help. A year later and I probably would have hit a coupld BotP sites, at least.

And yes, I did read the copyright info in the teeny-tiny print in the credits of GoS, so I knew I was looking for a Japanese original somewhere along the line. What really impresses me about Gatchaman is that it was translated THREE times -which says a lot about its heart.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 18-07-2010 01:16 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by PalyNerd
Yes my boys are enjoying watching BotP. They have a thing for planes at the moment and love the god phoenix because it can go underwater!

I only recently watched the last 5 eps so Joe dying was a huge surprise!

When I first learned about Gatchaman, by googling "Battle of the Planets," I read about what happens to Joe then and I was shocked. "Jason dies?' But I was buying the ADV dvds a couple at a time back then and it took a few months before I saw the final episodes, but when I did, they really had an big impact on me. Still do.

I was watching the whole series with my nephew, who was 10 at the time, and he was upset! I had to explain quickly that Joe wasn't really dead and would be back for the second series.

No new posts 18-07-2010 01:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That is the only thing that made me happy was hearing that he survived, of a sort, and returns to the team.

No new posts 18-07-2010 01:51 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I often think that there must have been tons of distraught people in Japan the night that episode 105 aired for the very first time. And unlike us, they had no way of knowing, in 1974, that Joe was going to come back as a cyborg in Gatchaman II, and they had to wait 4 years to find out about it.

No new posts 18-07-2010 02:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

When I told my sister her reply was "Oh no not my darling Jason... dont think I can bear to watch!" I am actually glad they didnt air those eps in Aust we would have been pretty upset.

I had more of a thing for Mark so I dont think I would have been as upset as my sister. Watching BoTP as an adult I prefer Jason, but with Gatchaman it is still Ken even if he is probably half my age lol

No new posts 18-07-2010 06:07 PalyNerd is offline Send an Email to PalyNerd Search for Posts by PalyNerd Add PalyNerd to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Where in Australia are you, PalyNerd? I'm in Brisbane, and we have several other regulars (Littlewolf, Green and Ebonyswan) who are Aussies as well.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 18-07-2010 06:59 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: