Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » New Member coming out of the shadows!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ...  « previous  3  4  [5]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Member coming out of the shadows!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

No, being the sap that I am, I would solve the messes by digging through old paperwork and making phone calls.
I would love to drop by your classes, but I live in the Midwest! In fact, I've only ever been to the West Coast once (3 days in San Francisco, 2004).

No new posts 13-02-2008 04:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I've never had to throw my whiteboard brush (you got it right, CD), and I've never had to kick a student out of class. I have however invited students to be quiet so everyone else could hear. Wink

Just jokes TJ...i bet you would be subtle, teaching Uni students would be different from high school...

my maths isn't that bad...its the interest level thats lacking...I liked you post though about the companies...that was very clever!

My Dh will sit and look at spread sheets on our finances for hours...I just want to know what is out outgoing costs to what we bring in, what is left over...That I can work with, he has it all detailed.

It's one the things I love about him!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 13-02-2008 at 05:04.
No new posts 13-02-2008 05:00 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
lol want to share some of the questions TJ?

LOL, you are too funny! It's not that exciting, really. Let's see, some excerpts....

On December 23rd, 2008, Thaddeus Keane, Gateway Corp.s sole owner, purchased $1,800 of common stock in Gateway Corp. for cash. Record any necessary journal entry for Gateway Corp.

Given the following information for 2007, calculate the total amount of ISO Corp.s extraordinary items to be reported on ISOs 2007 Income Statement. Be sure to state whether the total is a gain or a loss. All numbers are before tax. Tax rate = 20%

This one was one of Springie's favourites:

State the type of opinion the auditor would give under each of the following (independent) situations.

a) Ken Industries has financial statements that present its accounting position fairly in all material respects.

b) Eagle Corp. has never had an audit but requires one this year for the purposes of obtaining a loan from City Bank. The auditors have not found any problems with this years financial data.

c) Mark Brothers lost all accounting data for the year when their computer systems crashed due to a virus. The data is unrecoverable.

d) Washio Group has had many disputes with the auditors over its financial statements. Management refuses to change any accounting numbers, even though many are materially misstated.

Ace Company had $200,000 of accounts receivable on March 31st, 2007. Ace assumed that $50,000 of these receivables would not be collected; however no allowance had been set up for this amount. Ace needed extra cash and was contemplating different ways of obtaining the funds.

There are others of course, but this is a sampling..... Big Grin Do you all want to be in my accounting classes now? Roll

Although I am good at number crunching I am not sure i would be any good in your class because seeing this I would probably be giggling through the test Wink

No new posts 13-02-2008 11:18 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
You would think after 13-15 years of education, and hearing that same rule every year, people would learn that basic rule wouldn't you???

Huh? What did you say, CD? TJ was talking and I couldn't hear... ROFL 2

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 13-02-2008 11:50 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
No, being the sap that I am, I would solve the messes by digging through old paperwork and making phone calls

Sounds like you were dedicated to your job. Huggles

No new posts 13-02-2008 14:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:
You would think after 13-15 years of education, and hearing that same rule every year, people would learn that basic rule wouldn't you???

At least you were listening to * Transmute Jun*!!! ROFL 2

ETA

Oh weird... I actually typed 'to me' and it made my name red. Yikes! That's a new feature of the board I hadn't seen before!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 13-02-2008 at 14:25.
No new posts 13-02-2008 14:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:

Yes I agree if that teacher, Ms. TJ, would stop talking so I could continue this very important conversation with you I would be happy.

No new posts 13-02-2008 14:53 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
quote:
lol want to share some of the questions TJ?

LOL, you are too funny! It's not that exciting, really. Let's see, some excerpts....

On December 23rd, 2008, Thaddeus Keane, Gateway Corp.s sole owner, purchased $1,800 of common stock in Gateway Corp. for cash. Record any necessary journal entry for Gateway Corp.

Given the following information for 2007, calculate the total amount of ISO Corp.s extraordinary items to be reported on ISOs 2007 Income Statement. Be sure to state whether the total is a gain or a loss. All numbers are before tax. Tax rate = 20%

This one was one of Springie's favourites:

State the type of opinion the auditor would give under each of the following (independent) situations.

a) Ken Industries has financial statements that present its accounting position fairly in all material respects.

b) Eagle Corp. has never had an audit but requires one this year for the purposes of obtaining a loan from City Bank. The auditors have not found any problems with this years financial data.

c) Mark Brothers lost all accounting data for the year when their computer systems crashed due to a virus. The data is unrecoverable.

d) Washio Group has had many disputes with the auditors over its financial statements. Management refuses to change any accounting numbers, even though many are materially misstated.

Ace Company had $200,000 of accounts receivable on March 31st, 2007. Ace assumed that $50,000 of these receivables would not be collected; however no allowance had been set up for this amount. Ace needed extra cash and was contemplating different ways of obtaining the funds.

There are others of course, but this is a sampling..... Big Grin Do you all want to be in my accounting classes now? Roll

Tzk, tzk, the Eagle will always end up the debtor!

No new posts 13-02-2008 15:05 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Yes I agree if that teacher, Ms. TJ, would stop talking so I could continue this very important conversation with you I would be happy.

Sniff... Crying5 I know when I', not wanted.... Quickgetaway

No new posts 13-02-2008 15:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

I have had some lectures in university "disturbed" in various ways. My BIGGEST peev? Shut off your damn cell phone!! There was one guy in my in one of my linguistics classes that actually answered his call and started having a convo! The prof went up to his seat, took the phone and spoke to whoever was on the other end and in her heavy russian accent says, "He is on my time, you may have him when I am done!....My name? Inga...*click*" I bet he was in the doghouse with the girlfriend for sure after that!

Another time...same class...about 15 minutes into the lecture this guy comes bursting in through the door to the lecture hall in total disarray, apologizing profusely and grabs a seat. A few minutes later he's trying to discreetly exit the hall...he's in the wrong class!!! LMAO!! Again with the russian accent, "What? Am I boring you?"

Another class, this girl screams hysterically. Some guy had brought a rubber snake in...well the prof blew her top!

Some people's kids!

No new posts 13-02-2008 15:09 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmmmm! I do not remember anything like that happening in my university classes. Of course back then cell phones were not a big thing. We still carried those huge phones....

As for rubber snakes in class. I guess I did not attend any classes with the right kind of people. Now, if some of those Engineers or Foresters were in my classes it might have made it more interesting.

No new posts 13-02-2008 15:25 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Yes, back when I was taking classes, no one had cell phones. I had a history prof once, for Reformation Europe, who wouldn't even allow coffee in his class -and it was at 8.30 in the morning! The final exam ended up being scheduled for 7 AM. I brought a BIG cup of coffee in with me that morning, I can tell you! I looked at him, daring him to say something, but he didn't say anything.

No new posts 13-02-2008 17:04 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

I was a late bloomer when I went....this was like '96...and I was 29. (I actually had to think about that)..LOL

No new posts 13-02-2008 17:09 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

aww TJ you are wanted. I am sure our Eagle and condor will comfort you.

No new posts 13-02-2008 17:46 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Maybe they'll drop 'round and pay me a visit tomorrow... Big Grin

I don't have too much of a problem with cell phones in the class. Occasionally one will ring but students turn it off or leave. Generally they don't leave because they know that I'm not very helpful for students who just decide to 'miss class'.

I do however have to ban cell phones during tests and exams. Students have been caught using the camera features to send questions to friends and receive answers.

No new posts 13-02-2008 20:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Anything is possible TJ

No new posts 13-02-2008 21:08 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Maybe they'll drop 'round and pay me a visit tomorrow... Big Grin

I don't have too much of a problem with cell phones in the class. Occasionally one will ring but students turn it off or leave. Generally they don't leave because they know that I'm not very helpful for students who just decide to 'miss class'.

I do however have to ban cell phones during tests and exams. Students have been caught using the camera features to send questions to friends and receive answers.

I never even considered that.
It is amazing what people try to get away with these days.
I wonder if THAT is why schools are trying to ban them.....
I know in my school we say no electronic gadgets, and we are a K-8 school.

No new posts 13-02-2008 22:40 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

Pssst, TJ you know I would probably be one of those completely mesmerised by you if I attended your class. That is if I could figure out what all those numbers actually meant.

No new posts 13-02-2008 22:44 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

My tertiary education was at TAFE college. (I think you guys just call it college...I'm not sure but its not as intense as Uni...) Its nothing like Uni, no lectures for starters...it was very hands on.

I was into the Fashion courses, like pattern making, millinery,Visual Merchandising.

I did want to go and study theatre costume design but I needed money to pay for the course and the materials to make the gowns. But I have been in a theatre wardrobe dept for a day and loved it at the Sydney theatre company.

I worked with a girl from London who was the head wardrobe mistress as she called herself and she told me London theatre was the best place she ever worked and there was more work there than in Sydney...sigh!

She left the bridal shop to work for the Opera house...she said that it paid her more than she got in London...

So I made porcelain dolls and dressed then in period costume instead a few years later...

It funny that generally I'm not very good with maths but pattern making requires a lot of maths....but I just did it without thinking about...

No new posts 13-02-2008 22:53 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Pssst, TJ you know I would probably be one of those completely mesmerised by you if I attended your class. That is if I could figure out what all those numbers actually meant.

Yes, well, if I may say so, I am *quite* mesmerizing IRL. ROFL 2

No new posts 13-02-2008 23:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  3  4  [5]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): « first ...  « previous  3  4  [5] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: