Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Japanese, Anyone?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Japanese, Anyone?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Part 8 is waiting for you.... Wink

So, you finally got the DVD's you were waiting for?

No. I finished Part 8 before that. Ebony's just been too busy with little Caiitlin to read! Not that I blame her... Wink

No new posts 30-10-2007 23:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

More Japanese Language Links:

Japanese Slang Jisho

Japanese for the Western Brain

About.com: Japanese Lessons

Kanji Step: Japanese Language Resource

Japan Guide - great site all about Japan. Check out their forums for even more useful information.

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 09-11-2007 06:06 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

More cool links! Keep 'em coming, Tim! Winknudge

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 09-11-2007 18:07 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Hinotori. The links in the previous post are all new discoveries for me. Well, except for the Japan-Guide.com site. I couldn't remember if I had posted that one before or not (I was too lazy to double check) so I posted it anyways. Wink

As I discover the links, I'll post them.

Samurai1

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 09-11-2007 18:34 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here is a classic that I almost forgot about...

Ayako's Japanese Phrase of the Day

I love such phrases as...

"Kyou no pantsu ha nani iro?"
("What color is your underwear today?")

Ima watashi no oshiri tsukamimashia?
(Excuse me, did you just grab my backside?)

"Ijiwaru!"
("Meanie!")

"Kocho kocho!"
("Tickle tickle!")

ROFL 2

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 10-11-2007 03:44 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Sosai X

"Kocho kocho!"
("Tickle tickle!")ROFL 2

I wonder if this has any relation to the Coochie, Coochie, Coochie we use when we tickle a baby's chin?
Or do I not have that phrase correct, being one to never really talk to babies?

No new posts 10-11-2007 04:05 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I prefer to talk to babes instead of babies (after all, that's why I am here Wink2) but I think it is just a coincidence. It is possible that the Japanese borrowed the word from English and modified it to fit their language.

Oh ya, here's a page I found about Japanese cat related phrases...

Japanese Cat related Phrases

ie. nekojita (literally means, 'A cat's tongue') - it is used to describe someone who can't eat or drink very hot foods.

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 10-11-2007 04:19 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

I liked this one:

"Watashi no hamustaa mimasen deshita ka?"
"Have you seen my hamster?"

Sounds like a really bad pick-up line! laugh3

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 10-11-2007 at 15:00.
No new posts 10-11-2007 14:59 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Thanks for the cat link Tim! I was looking in every oriental shop I could find to buy a Maneki Neko. I was looking for a replacement for the one that my cat Spike smashed. I guess he didn't appreciate sharing his favorite perch (on top of my bookshelf) with it.

The legend I had heard was that a very poor buddist priest took care of a stray cat (a transformed deity) which then bestowed the priest with great prosperity. The basic moral of the story: Do good things and good things will come your way. That Karma thang...I guess I will have to explain this to Spike! LOL!

No new posts 10-11-2007 15:58 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

In Japan, cats have a good & bad reputation. There are many stories of the bake-neko (demon or goblin cat) - an evil spirit that takes the form of a cat. Perhaps that's what influenced your Spike, Kimiko? *grin*

On Youtube there is an eerie and interesting anime about the bakeneko. Let's see if I can find the links... ah, he we go:

Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 1 Part 1
Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 1 Part 2
Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 1 Part 3

Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 2 Part 1
Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 2 Part 2
Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 2 Part 3

Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 3 Part 1
Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 3 Part 2
Ayakashi Bakeneko Episode 3 Part 3

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 11-11-2007 00:59 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That was amazing Tim! Loved it!

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED!! (...or cute little kittens...)

Now picture me watching the video and turning around in my seat to face this-

I SAID GET OFF YOUR ASS AND FEED ME NOW WOMAN!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 11-11-2007 at 16:19.
No new posts 11-11-2007 16:11 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

My cat is like that! He bits your knees as if to say, "Feed me now or you're on the menu..."

My cat freaked out when we bought our daughter home...

"Funny looking kitten...it" Katse avoids her like she would bit him, or pull his fur out or something....He won't even put a paw in her room once he worked out she lived in that room.

These days that just eye each other off in the lounge room....A Mexican stand off...
Katse"You keep to your side of the room and I'll keep to mine...don't even think about it kid! Now you.."Katse looks at me."Where is my cat food!"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 12-11-2007 at 03:25.
No new posts 12-11-2007 03:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Spike is pissed at me this morning because I dared to eat the last of the cake without sharing! I have never seen a cat that enjoys cake as much as him. Must be hanging around the dog too much. Pig

No new posts 12-11-2007 13:46 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's funny how some animals are extremely jealous over the "new additions" to the family where others are protective, almost like it's "their" baby and not yours! The dog I had when I was younger used to stand guard by my brother's crib when he was sleeping and good luck to anyone she didn't know getting near any of us kids. We had to give her away to another family because of same brother's allergy to her. They had two small children and she tore up a much larger stray German Sheppard when it ran towards the kids on their front lawn.

No new posts 16-11-2007 14:02 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm a dog person and I usually get along well with them (I don't mind cats but I prefer dogs). Course I also understand that dogs are pack animals and they crave and need some sort of social structure and company. That's why if you see someone who has a dog that is out of control - that dog is seeing itself as the leader of the pack instead of its owners. Wink

When I was a kid we had a dog that had "issues". It would snap and become very dangerous. Course we didn't know that when we got it but we quickly realized what was going on. You couldn't go near it when it was eating (except for my mum who fed it - it growled at her once and she told it not to do that 'or else' - the dog didn't growl at her while eating because it knew where the food was coming from). Eventually, we had to put it down because it attacked me. It bit me in the face - nothing too serious (a couple of stitches around the mouth).

Enough about dogs... I came back into this thread to post a cool Japanese themed clip art site I found. Smile

Clipart of Ancient Japan

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 12-12-2007 19:27 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
I'm a dog person and I usually get along well with them (I don't mind cats but I prefer dogs).

Oh Sosai, and how do you get along with Kat-se?

No new posts 12-12-2007 19:32 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
quote:
I'm a dog person and I usually get along well with them (I don't mind cats but I prefer dogs).

Oh Sosai, and how do you get along with Kat-se?

Evilimu

Just like any other cat... usually okay but sometimes they are a pain in the arse. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 12-12-2007 19:46 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: