Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Scary....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scary....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Actually I used to hate living in Toronto but once I found friends here, life became much more tolerable. There are days were the crowds get to me (actually it is the extremely selfish, self-centred rude people that annoy me) and there are days that I loved being able to go to the places that I wouldn't have access to if I wasn't here (like the Japanese supermarkets/stores, my local Chinese Supermarket, the local Bagel shop, etc).

I guess I have a hate/love relationship with Toronto these days. Tau But deep down, a part of me is still a country boy at heart. That's probably one of the reasons that I like Ryu as much as I do.

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 14-10-2007 at 15:04.
No new posts 11-10-2007 23:44 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's very interesting reading your posts, because I grew up in the heart of North York (before it was part of the 'Mega-City') and I was taking the TTC by myself (subway and bus) at age 11 to get to and from school. I miss being close to downtown shopping and other fun activities now (I'm in suburbia... just about halfway between two major cities in a giant bedroom community), but honestly as I get older and find myself more tied down to the house, I find that as long as I have a big local grocery store and internet connection, I don't care as much. LOL!

In any case, I've used subway systems in multiple cities on three different continents, and I would say that the TTC is up there for ease of use and overall politeness.

Oh, and CD, if the worse EVER happens to you (not that it will, because, like Tim, I've never seen it happen) and you get pushed off of a train, just wait for the next one. It won't be that far behind.

No new posts 12-10-2007 00:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Maybe some day I will get the courage to navigate the TTC on my own. If I ever need to get into the Big city. For now this part of the world provides all the things I need.

Except for the store SJ mentioned where she can find the BOTP DVD's I need. I can not find them on the shelf up here.

No new posts 12-10-2007 00:48 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There was a video game/dvd small store in the 'Atrium on Bay' plaza/mall (downtown) that had used Rhino BOTP DVDs for sale for 9.99 but it has been months since I've been there. I also picked up a Gatchaman box set in North York at a Best Buy.

hijacked

Here's my "infamous" bus story. Years ago when I was going the factory job I had to get up really early to catch the bus so I could get to work for 7am. One morning I had about 4 hours sleep and I got on the bus and everyone was standing at the front of the bus and there was plenty of room near the back.

I kept saying, "excuse me, excuse me," as I tried to make my way to the back of the bus. No one would move so I then said in a loud voice, "For those who don't understand... excuse me means GET THE F*CK OUT OF THE WAY!" Boy, you should have seen the people move! They parted like the Red Sea.

I'm usually a very easy going guy. It takes a lot to make me blow my top but 4 hours sleep and going to a job that was slowly killing me certainly would do it. Basically I'm a nice guy but piss me off and I will get all Gallactor on your ass. *grin*

Sorry for the thread hijack. Burnout

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 14-10-2007 at 15:04.
No new posts 12-10-2007 01:24 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Sosai X
There was a video game/dvd small store in the 'Atrium on Bay' plaza/mall (downtown) that had used Rhino BOTP DVDs for sale for 9.99 but it has been months since I've been there. I also picked up a Gatchaman box set in North York at a Best Buy.

hijacked

Here's my "infamous" bus story. Years ago when I was going the factory job I had to get up really early to catch the bus so I could get to work for 7am. One morning I had about 4 hours sleep and I got on the bus and everyone was standing at the front of the bus and there was plenty of room near the back.

I kept saying, "excuse me, excuse me," as I tried to make my way to the back of the bus. No one would move so I then said in a loud voice, "For those who don't understand... excuse me means GET THE F*CK OUT OF THE WAY!" Boy, you should have seen the people move! They parted like the Red Sea.

I'm usually a very easy going guy. It takes a lot to make me blow my top but 4 hours sleep and going to a job that was slowly killing me certainly would do it. Basically I'm a nice guy but piss me off and I will get all Gallactor on your ass. *grin*

Sorry for the thread hijack. Burnout

Cheers,
Tim

LOL
Sounds more like a Condor temperment than a Galactor one but.....

It takes a lot to up set me too, but when I am, you know it. At least that is what the secretary at our school says, from the one day I walked out of the office fuming at our Principal. I think she says I left, throwing the work on the counter, and muttering something about "If she does not have time to meet with me she can do it herself."

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 12-10-2007 at 01:51.
No new posts 12-10-2007 01:49 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

I've never had a problems on the TTC. It was the Go train that gave me hassles. I was pushed from behind and fell down the stairs at Union Station. There was also a time during a blizzard where the doors closed on me and the train started pulling away as I'm trying to squirm my inside. And then there was the time with masturbating pervert!

No new posts 12-10-2007 06:14 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, Kimi... sounds scary! And you lived to tell the tale!!!!

No new posts 12-10-2007 13:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can laugh about it now. I really didn't have time to think about being scared, things just suddenly happen. Well exept for the pervert...at first I was scared..then it just turned into "I don't believe this is happening.." then to "ok now you're annoying me!". I guess he didn't get the reaction he was looking for..LOL!

No new posts 13-10-2007 03:06 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Did you call the TTC cops on him?

No new posts 13-10-2007 04:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes I had to file a complaint and everything...I found the conductor of the train..(at this point the perv had run off the train without a 'happy ending' in Oakville)..and had to give a description...ok people it wasn't like I was looking at his face...so I sat with the conductor and engineer for the rest of the trip and they said, "Sounds like the guy from Thursday night" so apparently they have this sort of thing more often than you would think.

No new posts 13-10-2007 06:52 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, that's wild Kimiko! To think I used to take the Go Train to work and the worse thing that happened to me was I would miss the train and have to wait around for a hour for the next one. I guess I was lucky.

One time on the subway I saw a woman flash some tit but that's the worse of it and being male, I didn't mind. Eyebrows

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 14-10-2007 at 15:03.
No new posts 13-10-2007 14:24 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Tim, that smilie is perfect for you... goatee and all!  

No new posts 14-10-2007 00:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The pervert incident took place on a August Sunday late afternoon. There was maybe a dozen people in total on the train...very quiet, very hot and humid. I think I might have been the only person in that particular car. I was dressed nicely red tank top and long black skirt and heels.

So he comes on the train. I guess he liked what he saw because I had my walkman on and he flashed a roll of bills at me and then asked me if I would service him in the bathroom! My response...after I picked my jaw off the ground..."Fuck off! Leave me alone!" and grabbed for my pepper spray...

So he leaves..then comes back and asks me if "I'd mind if he jerked off!". I screech at him with pepper spray ready, "I don't give a fuck what you do, just get the fuck away from me!" So he leaves, and I saw him get off the train.

A few more minutes pass by...no sight of him..so I settle down and start reading one of leftover papers.

Then I get the feeling that someone is watching me...so I flip the paper down and LO AND BEHOLD! THERE HE IS! PANTS AROUND HIS ANKLES ENJOYING HIMSELF AND STARING AT ME!

So I dropped the paper, grabbed my purse and ran off the train in disgust!

No new posts 14-10-2007 12:59 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Omfg
Now picture an innocent little Cloud Angel1 sitting there saying "What is going on? What do I do now? Where is an Eagle to help me?"
While she curls up in a ball and tries not to notice what is happening. :

No new posts 14-10-2007 14:55 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Dont you just hate when people behave like that!

I am glad you are ok Kimi and not hurt Huggles

No new posts 15-10-2007 12:22 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

YIKES! Omfg

I think I would have been gone off of the train after the wad of bills thing!!!!!

No new posts 15-10-2007 13:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It was a "No shit! There I was!" kinda thing. It was hot & humid and there was no way I was leaving the air-conditioned train! So I was quite irritable to begin with and not thinking that clearly because of the heat.

I guess the Condor in me came out...well I did have pepper spray, stiletto heels and a very large, very sharp and quite illegal blade. A "Tanto". Picture a 16" mini samuri sword. Not that I'd ever dream of using it, but when sheathed it makes a beatin' stick! I believe it is considered a japanese woman's weapon. It fits nicely in my obi and looks great with my kimonos.

No new posts 15-10-2007 16:45 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I can see that you are a force to be reckoned with, Kimi! Bowdown

No new posts 15-10-2007 17:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Our Kimi is quite the condor Smile

No new posts 16-10-2007 11:07 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have never really had any problems in Toronto or Montreal. I was 12 at the oldest when I lived in Montreal and used to take the buses and Metro by myself. I took ballet lessons downtown and I lived in Ville LaSalle, so there I'd be with my leotards and shoe bag in hand sitting in the front seat nearest the driver. (Mom insisted on that!)

The driver was always the same guy. A grumpy-looking guy, never spoke much, more like grumbled and grunted and didn't speak english. He kind of reminded me of Rene Leveques having a really bad hair day!

There was one time, a guy got on the bus, looked at me sitting there, said something in french that I didn't understand, but the driver did! He slammed on the brakes, started screaming at this guy, grabbed by his collar and threw him out the door! He then sits back in his seat, nods his head at me like "There I showed him who's boss!" and just continues driving.

Wrath Wrath Wrath Wrath Wrath Wrath

I presume the guy said something disgusting my way, but my french was much more limited than today!

It always seems that in the Suburbs is where I get hassled. Even here in Hamilton, the crazies leave me alone. Mind you it could be the Pitbull in tow!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 16-10-2007 at 11:15.
No new posts 16-10-2007 11:12 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: