Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » G'day Ebonyswanne!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page G'day Ebonyswanne!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Blimey, you may hae to stick bells everywhere on the cat.

Heh heh ... Cor blimey and where's me cuppa tea ...

<snort>

I got asked today if I know Sonja in Sydney ... I told the guy: "Swingin' Sonja? Fucken oath, yeah I know her. She's the one that got arrested in Kings Cross for walking down the street naked singing Barnesy while pissed. What a kick-ass sheila!" (Yes, I pull on the Aussie when being facetious)

He gave me that look ... you know the one. The one where they are telling you to stop being an ass without actually saying anything...

I just shrugged and told him there were 19 million people living across the country. As much as I had an active social life while there, I don't believe I know all of them ...

He immediately sat down and loudly, with overly exaggerated movements, snapped open the newspaper.

Ahh, that made my day.

Oh, and BTW, they weren't Canadian or American. This guy was South African .... LOL And they're usually the ones who get it right!

SJ

Oh Gosh, I could do with an ice cold VB right now ....

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 09-05-2007 20:21 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmmm... I met a guy from South Africa once. I wonder if it's the same guy. Perhaps when you see him agian, you can ask him.

Smirk

No new posts 09-05-2007 20:35 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Lolabella
Hmmm... I met a guy from South Africa once. I wonder if it's the same guy. Perhaps when you see him agian, you can ask him.

Smirk

Smart-ass ....

Sighhh

No new posts 10-05-2007 00:53 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Metaliant were are you from? By the lingo I guess you could be an Aussie????

Nope, I am British and live in the West Midlands or the Black Country. It does sieems that both the Aussies and us British have similar lingo.

No new posts 10-05-2007 08:15 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Nope, I am British and live in the West Midlands or the Black Country. It does sieems that both the Aussies and us British have similar lingo.

Well you are from the mother-land, Met. We probably stole the lingo from you ... because we Aussies do like it when the Brits (poms to the Aussies) come up with something new.

Poms and Aussies have a great working relationship - a good team if you will. The Poms can invent anything they like and we Aussies will just perfect it for them."

::giggle::

You know ... Cricket. Rugby.

Aussies are the kids surpassing their parents ... heh heh ...

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 10-05-2007 12:01 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And the Olymics and Paralympics as well. But not football for some reason and which rugby. Rugby league or union?

No new posts 10-05-2007 12:55 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

League is Australian, my dear... Union (Pretty much owned by the Kiwis) is from you lot...

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 10-05-2007 14:25 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Hell yeah! Union IS rugby. British

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 10-05-2007 14:39 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
League is Australian, my dear... Union (Pretty much owned by the Kiwis) is from you lot...

SJ

We do have rugby league over here as well and interestingly, we have a Great Britain rugby league national team while Scotland, England, Wales and Republic of Ireland (no Northern Ireland) rugby union teams, who do combine (just like the Gatch/BOTP team) to create the Lions team my dearest.

No new posts 10-05-2007 17:04 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

We do have rugby league over here as well and interestingly, we have a Great Britain rugby league national team while Scotland, England, Wales and Republic of Ireland (no Northern Ireland) rugby union teams, who do combine (just like the Gatch/BOTP team) to create the Lions team my dearest.

Ahh, but Met.

League was created in Aussie as a sport for the blue-collar bloke.

Union was considered a more classy game for the more classy gentleman. The mining Aussie grot needed something more ... manly ... Heh heh

So, yeah ... We stole the original idea, played with it abit, created something a little different, and then handed it back to you.

As I said: Perfecting what the Brits create ... <grin grin>

SJ
Ahh, nothing like a little sibling rivalry between the Brits and Aussies ...

Sighhh

No new posts 10-05-2007 20:00 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

I think your getting it wrong there SJ, league is a non contact form of rugby, Union is the rough and tumble.

No new posts 10-05-2007 22:13 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, Cep, SJ is right. They nicked the rugby thing and then turned it into a girl's game and then gave it back it back to us. So now, we got a girls sport (league) and a man's sport (union)

Once, I was told that I had the build of a rugby player (union I think they meant (thank god)). I also think it was the shoulders that gave it away, since I have a pair of large shoulders.

No new posts 10-05-2007 23:02 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

I used to play union back when I was a lil younger Buzzsaw

No new posts 10-05-2007 23:12 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I never did like rugby at school but ulater while at college, I watched the world cup in the early 90s and liked it ever since. Strange that.

No new posts 11-05-2007 07:32 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Never played rugby, union, union what ever......just gatchaman of late and writiing.....swanjun done any more yours are good...just showing apreciation for a good sport Cheers from a Sydney girl how has had a few to may red wines mmmmmm please excuse spelling and gramma done exist after the third glasssssss

No new posts 11-05-2007 10:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

League is non-contact?

Huh?

Uh, not when I went to school - and ask my wee cousin that who had both her arms broken in a game with the boys in the school yard ....

But, I have been away for a bit, perhaps it has turned into a girl's game ... As an ex-trainer for Rugby and Aussie RUles (yup, pro and reserve level) I can tell you ...

...Sometimes I had to wonder...

Heh heh ... Big grown men all wusses in the changerooms.

So Ebonyswanne ... Sydney SWANS eh?

Me, I'm a West Coast EAGLES girl .... (Actually truly am, believe it or not - was in their cheersquad for several years) ...

Cos a swan has to love her Eagle, right?

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 11-05-2007 12:42 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Never played rugby, union, union what ever......just gatchaman of late and writiing.....swanjun done any more yours are good...just showing apreciation for a good sport Cheers from a Sydney girl how has had a few to may red wines mmmmmm please excuse spelling and gramma done exist after the third glasssssss

Here's your glass madam.

No new posts 11-05-2007 13:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

quote:
Wikipedia
Union players contest possession following the tackle: depending on the situation, either a ruck or a maul occurs. League players may not contest possession after making a tackle: play is continued with a play-the-ball

Union = Tackles
League = Touch

Think you may have been playing Union m'dear Wink

No new posts 11-05-2007 13:40 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
quote:
Wikipedia
Union players contest possession following the tackle: depending on the situation, either a ruck or a maul occurs. League players may not contest possession after making a tackle: play is continued with a play-the-ball

Union = Tackles
League = Touch

Think you may have been playing Union m'dear Wink

<giggles>

I think I'm curious now, Cep, in all those tingly ways ...

A tackle is a "touch" ...

Hmmm .... You sound like you'd be some fun!!

You can come "touch" me, buddy ... Biglaugh2

Sighhh

No new posts 11-05-2007 14:37 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

My pleasure sweet cheeks Cheeky

No new posts 11-05-2007 14:44 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: