Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Japanese, Anyone?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Japanese, Anyone?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Tim where is that pic from?

No new posts 27-10-2007 10:12 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The bunny suit is from A Christmas Story (1983). All I did was add Jinpei's face to it. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 27-10-2007 13:58 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

And of course, A Christmas Story was a major inspiration for that fic... Big Grin

No new posts 27-10-2007 15:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Sosai X
The i in some words will be dropped as well. For example, 'ashita' is pronounced 'ash-ta'. It is very possible that 'Yoshi' is being pronounced like 'Yosh'. I'll have to ask my Japanese friend when I next talk to her to see for sure (maybe on Monday if she is available).

I have an interesting post-script to this... I was watching ep 76 (Bracelets Exposed), where the other 2 member of Red Impulse are introduced. When Masaki introduces Oniishi, Masaki pronounces his name Oniish. So the i was dropped there too.

Ok, maybe I'm the only one who finds that interesting... Flashing Wink

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 27-10-2007 23:37 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

By the way, I loved Jinpei in the bunny suit. A Christmas Story is one of my favorite holiday movies! Santa

No new posts 27-10-2007 23:40 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
By the way, I loved Jinpei in the bunny suit. A Christmas Story is one of my favorite holiday movies! Santa

Ours too! We seriously stole from that (with a bunch of Grinh Who Stole Christmas) for the fic... Big Grin

No new posts 28-10-2007 02:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Ah two of my most cherished Xmas shows! Now where would these fics be posted? Icecream1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by kimiko on 28-10-2007 at 14:01.
No new posts 28-10-2007 14:01 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Right here.

The Bird Who Stole Christmas

No new posts 28-10-2007 14:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh my gosh, TJ! I just finished reading the fic and I can't stop laughing!!! I loved all the Christmas Story and Grinch references. The entire story was awesome! Rofl

Thanks for posting the link!

No new posts 28-10-2007 22:15 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Glad you enjoyed it, Hino! I know not everyone always gets my sense of humor (although Springie does, which is why this worked out so well for us... Huggles ) so it's great when someone does! Big Grin

If you are an Austin Powers fan, you might like my Austin Powers/Gatch/BOTP spoof. Recently Springie did the BEST poster for it!!!

See????? I CAN write something besides smut! Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 28-10-2007 at 23:45.
No new posts 28-10-2007 23:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Glad you liked the story, Hinotori! I still crack up when I read it...oh, the images that dance in my head...LOL I am picturing the team with their sweaters from Granny Nambu now... pound

TJ, you *can* write something besides smut, but do you really want to? Ladysman

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 29-10-2007 00:37 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

I'm not sure how to answer that question.... Wink

No new posts 29-10-2007 00:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

Honestly?

No new posts 29-10-2007 11:46 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
quote:
quote:

Honestly?

Okay, here's an honest (if somewhat long) answer.

Everyone loves the smut. I know that! I get the most feedback for smut. I get the most reviews for smut. On the Fanfic Archives, the read counts on my stories that involve smut are sky high. It's unbelievable!

I like writing smut. But smut is hard (not intending the bad pun) and sometimes when I try for some smut I feel like I'm writing the same thing over again. It's not nearly as enjoyable to write as it is to read.

Outside of a little Ego smut for Amy in Tapestry, I haven't really done a lot of smut in my last few fic. Memoirs of A Swan, Nice, Fish Out Of Water, even Invasion (which I know you guys haven't seen) and the Christmas fic I'm working on at the moment... no smut. I enjoy writing other things too, and honestly, it's the variety that is fun.

I LOVE writing swooniness and fun/flirtatious banter. I love writing action scenes. I love romantic scenes. I love the humor (when I can come up with an appropriately funny idea) and most of all I love a fic that includes all of these things. I've even enjoyed some of the more serious character studies I've written (like Turning Point).

I wrote both Naughty and Inhibitions (my smuttiest fics) when I was in that kind of mood, and wanted to write nothing but. But honestly, after Inhibitions, I felt like I was smutted out and not able to write anything fresh... that it would just be re-hash. So I've left it alone.

But I'll come back to it. I have some vague plans.... Wink

Now, how's that for an honest answer? Roll

No new posts 29-10-2007 13:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I like to write romance or swoony stuff, and intrigue more for similar reasons. (I have not gone to the extent that TJ has with smut.) But I can see why she might have left it alone for now-it's good to try new plots....

I am liking Invasion though! She is putting together a great story there....

No new posts 30-10-2007 03:18 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Honestly?

Okay, here's an honest (if somewhat long) answer.

Everyone loves the smut. I know that! I get the most feedback for smut. I get the most reviews for smut. On the Fanfic Archives, the read counts on my stories that involve smut are sky high. It's unbelievable!

I like writing smut. But smut is hard (not intending the bad pun) and sometimes when I try for some smut I feel like I'm writing the same thing over again. It's not nearly as enjoyable to write as it is to read.

Outside of a little Ego smut for Amy in Tapestry, I haven't really done a lot of smut in my last few fic. Memoirs of A Swan, Nice, Fish Out Of Water, even Invasion (which I know you guys haven't seen) and the Christmas fic I'm working on at the moment... no smut. I enjoy writing other things too, and honestly, it's the variety that is fun.

I LOVE writing swooniness and fun/flirtatious banter. I love writing action scenes. I love romantic scenes. I love the humor (when I can come up with an appropriately funny idea) and most of all I love a fic that includes all of these things. I've even enjoyed some of the more serious character studies I've written (like Turning Point).

I wrote both Naughty and Inhibitions (my smuttiest fics) when I was in that kind of mood, and wanted to write nothing but. But honestly, after Inhibitions, I felt like I was smutted out and not able to write anything fresh... that it would just be re-hash. So I've left it alone.

But I'll come back to it. I have some vague plans.... Wink

Now, how's that for an honest answer? Roll

Very honest. I can also understand too much of one thing can get boring at times and you just want a change.

No new posts 30-10-2007 09:28 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I am liking Invasion though! She is putting together a great story there....

And I still have yet to hear back from you on Part 7... Part 8 is waiting for you.... Wink

And don't belittle your smut! Joe and Madeline in the shower was HOT!!! Bath

No new posts 30-10-2007 13:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Very honest. I can also understand too much of one thing can get boring at times and you just want a change.

Well, I HAVE been doing a lot of non-smut stuff. So we'll see what I can come up with when I'm done with my Christmas fic and Invasion. Cheeky

No new posts 30-10-2007 13:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:

Part 8 is waiting for you.... Wink

So, you finally got the DVD's you were waiting for?

No new posts 30-10-2007 13:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Outside of a little Ego smut for Amy in Tapestry, I haven't really done a lot of smut in my last few fic.

I Roll

Oh, that smut was good Lick3 I hope I'll get some Ego smut from you sometime in the (remote) future! Look

No new posts 30-10-2007 18:52 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: