Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Why do you dislike the BOTP comics?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why do you dislike the BOTP comics?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was really excited when they came out, but that first one ticked me off right from the start - Jason in bed with a blonde! No way. That wasn't Jason. There was never anything in cannon about Jason being a lady's man. After having watched the original Gatchman, I don't even think Joe had that reputation. Bad luck with girls, yes, but he wasn't a hound.

It went downhill from there. It was clear to me the storyline was Gatchaman with the BotP names. Jason didn't have the same history as Joe. He was an orphan and no mention was ever made in the series about his parents.

I also didn't like the way the art changed. The first issue had great art. By the 6th, they weren't looking the same. They were looking more like the Japanese manga of that time with the stubby bodies and too big eyes. And their crazy hair! Give me a break!

I didn't like any of the one-shots, except the way some of the episodes were worked into the Princess series.

However, I did love the Princess/Witchblade crossover.

And just a plug - my story Curfew (in my Sacrifice series) over in Gatchfanfic gives my explanation of why Jason was with a blonde when the first call came in in the comic.

No new posts 03-10-2009 00:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

hang on hang on ... there's a BotP writer I have not yet read????

Are you on ff.net???? Where can I find your work?

And, oh. The blonde .. that was me. But there wasn't any hanky panky in progress ... I was merely showing him the smiley faces on the stickers over my ... heh heh...

Oh, oops. I'm a Mark girl ... yeah. Mark.

Step away, nothing to see here.

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SJ_SwanJun on 03-10-2009 at 01:54.
Reason: I seem to have lost the location of my vowel keys...
No new posts 03-10-2009 01:52 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

SJ, all my fanfics are in Gatchfanfic, if you're interested. I have a series, Sacrifice (with the main fic in it with that name, suffering from my not completing a fic before posting syndrom), that takes place in the BotP comic world. It all under my name, Becky Rock.

No new posts 03-10-2009 15:06 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Curfew is a great read and does a fantastic job of connecting Jason's character to what we see in the comic and the comic with TV canon.

Becky, please say that you plan on finishing Sacrifice. It too is a great story.

No new posts 03-10-2009 18:07 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm really, really trying and have been working on it today. The funny part is I have the last chapter done and just have to fill in what happened between the last post and that.

No new posts 03-10-2009 20:46 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

At Gatchfanfic? Ooh ... I'm not so good with that site ... I find navigating through it rather painful.

But for some BotP I'll pull on the fatigues and work my way through it!!

yeehaa.... BotP!! Botp!!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 04-10-2009 02:40 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

SJ, after you get used to it, efiction scripts (which is what Gatchfanfic is) are actually easier and more user friendly than ff.net or even aff, although some versions work better than others. I'm still learning the newer version, but GFF is put together rather nicely (just void "Most Recent" unless you know a story is being updated frequently).

No new posts 04-10-2009 03:23 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

:"iagree: The gatchfanfic.com site is much more userfriendly for both reading and posting. Yes, you have to get used to the way the formating works if you're posting, but thyat's far more obvious than ff.net's uploading documents and placing them into chapters system.

As far as reading fics goes, it's very easy. Just click on the fic and go! Even better, you can search by author, character, theme... You don't want to know how many times I've looked through all of the 'erotica' fics... Big Grin

No new posts 04-10-2009 04:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
You don't want to know how many times I've looked through all of the 'erotica' fics... Big Grin

Why am I not so surprised, TJ!!!!!Laugh2

Well, I have to agree that gatchfanfic.com is really easy to browse through fics and read them! I haven't tried to post anything yet (God only knows when I will have something ready!) and I'm sure I'll ask some help when the time comes!

No new posts 04-10-2009 05:11 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

After admining on an efiction-based site there are two things I recommend for all story posters:

1. Cut and paste the story into the text field, it's simple, easy, and reduces script errors (which happen during file uploads).

2. Hit the preview button. No, sorry, it is not a nice big read one, but it prevents upload errors, and you get to see exactly what the admin and then the readers will see. Format errors or adjustment are easily corrected or made and it saves everyone time and frustration.

No new posts 04-10-2009 15:04 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: