Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » G'day Ebonyswanne!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page G'day Ebonyswanne!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I mainly like wine good Hunter Valley red wine from the cellar door...my hubby drinks beer he's going through a "cascade" phase at the moment...me shiraz...

Darling harbour in Sydney serves the best beer, James Squire can't get more Aussie than that..I will drink it and I'm not a beer drinker by a long shot!

No new posts 02-05-2007 22:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Everytime my parents go to my brother's for a meal or Xmas dinner, my brother ALWAYS tops up my mum's wine glass with, as she likes wine but I don't think that much.

Still it's funny to watch and her answering my brother saying she will have a tiny bit more when her glass is half full.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 03-05-2007 at 08:18.
No new posts 03-05-2007 08:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
I don't think I've ever tried British beer ...

Its a damn sight better then Budweisher, that's all I have to say. banana2

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 03-05-2007 08:49 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have tried the orignal Czech Budweisher which is better than the American one.

No new posts 03-05-2007 09:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

The only American beer i can actually admit to liking (although I was drinking it during a baseball tournament my husband was in and was thusly bored out of my freaking mind on the second day - so you never know) was Bud Light.

It was the only beer they were offering, and, being a red-blooded Aussie Sheila with a penchant for a brew on a hot day, I simply had to try it.

Needless to say, after the lunch time break (which was two hours) I'd downed an entire six-pack ...

Yet, was remarkably sober, if not running to the ladies every two seconds because ...

say it with me ...

YOU DON'T BUY BEER, YOU ONLY RENT IT

If I get to choose here in Toronto, I'll go Millers or Labatt Blue.

Fosters only when I'm desperate and in the most impossibly NON Australian eatery, the OUTBACK Steakhouse.

Speaking of ...

I've been away from home now for 8 years ... Has the delicacies of the nation changed since I was away?

I mean ... Pumpernickel as an "Aussie" bread? The deep-fried Bloomin' Onion? Is that an Eastern State thing?

And no lamb ... An Aussie restaurant with NO LAMB!

I simply don't understand.

I always thought the good Aussie meal was a pie and a six-pack, or steak eggs and chips, or a Lamb roast - perhaps even mutton.

Or Kiwi Kick on Bloor Street here in the TO, who claims to be an Aussie eatery (but, Kiwi is NZ) ... I strode in there in search of an Aussie meal, and there wasn't one Aussie meal on the menu.

When I huffed, finished my Smirnoff Ice and stood to leave, the owner actually chased me out asking what was wrong. He had a Kiwi accent and all that, and I told him I saw nothing Australian, or even New Zealand on the menu, so I wasn't interested.

He told me that Thai shrimp was an Aussie meal.

What?!

Huh?!

Yeah?!

I would think the word "Thai" in the food's name would indicate the meal was, in fact, a meal made in Thailand ... But, apparently it's Australian.

BUT AUSSIES DON'T EAT SHRIMP! We eat Prawns, dagnabbit!

There's no Shrimp on the Barbie - it's PRAWN!!

And big ones at that!

Man ... I am so out of touch with my homeland ... and, in case you couldn't tell of late, desperately homesick!!

Sigh ...

Back to work ...

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 03-05-2007 12:32 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I'm enjoying all the info on Aussie SJ.... I've heard from a friend a few years back that it's a great country and to check it out if I can in my life.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 03-05-2007 12:42 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
It was the only beer they were offering, and, being a red-blooded Aussie Sheila with a penchant for a brew on a hot day, I simply had to try it.

My Supervisor has a friend who once went to New York and went into a bar there. BAiscially what happened was the Americans in the bar wouldn't beleive that the beer in the bar was weak (2 % ABV I think) and so the British bloke just drank jugs of the stuff and he was still sober. I just wish I was a fly on the wall there as I can't believe that story but it's true I have been told.

quote:
I always thought the good Aussie meal was a pie and a six-pack, or steak eggs and chips, or a Lamb roast - perhaps even mutton.

Or Kiwi Kick on Bloor Street here in the TO, who claims to be an Aussie eatery (but, Kiwi is NZ) ... I strode in there in search of an Aussie meal, and there wasn't one Aussie meal on the menu.

When I huffed, finished my Smirnoff Ice and stood to leave, the owner actually chased me out asking what was wrong. He had a Kiwi accent and all that, and I told him I saw nothing Australian, or even New Zealand on the menu, so I wasn't interested.

He told me that Thai shrimp was an Aussie meal.

What?!

Huh?!

Yeah?!

I would think the word "Thai" in the food's name would indicate the meal was, in fact, a meal made in Thailand ... But, apparently it's Australian.

BUT AUSSIES DON'T EAT SHRIMP! We eat Prawns, dagnabbit!

There's no Shrimp on the Barbie - it's PRAWN!!

The thought that the good Aussie meal was a pie and a six-pack, or steak eggs and chips, or a Lamb roast - perhaps even mutton, sounds like our meals over here as well and I agree with you on that supposedly Aussie eatery, though how come a Kiwi can't tell the difference between NZ and Oz is just staggering and as for shrimps on the Barbie......errr that doesn't sound right to me either.

My guess SJ is that you have gone through the Twilght Zone.

No new posts 03-05-2007 13:37 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Swanjun

How's Canada...I published my first story today on Fanfiction.net. I hope it loaded up O.K as I'm not much of a computer wiz. any way I thought I'd have a go hope you like it
Cheers ES
Wave2

No new posts 04-05-2007 10:08 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

All this talk of beer a VB goes well in a good Aussie beef stew....other than that I stick yo wine...have a Lamb roast tonight so I'll have a bottle of Mt Pleasant Phillip shiraz 2003 to go with it mmmmm followed by Pavalova...mmmm

No new posts 06-05-2007 07:27 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
All this talk of beer a VB goes well in a good Aussie beef stew....other than that I stick yo wine...have a Lamb roast tonight so I'll have a bottle of Mt Pleasant Phillip shiraz 2003 to go with it mmmmm followed by Pavalova...mmmm

I am so jealous

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 06-05-2007 11:55 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Dinner was good... I think my husband has come to the conclusion can't beat 'em join 'em....he watch a Gatchaman episode with me after dinner and even suggested we watch the next one.....English translation...Starting on my next fanfic....talk to ya soonSmile

No new posts 06-05-2007 12:37 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Is this your plan, to convert your hubbie? Are you going to try to get him in here with us mad people?

No new posts 06-05-2007 13:24 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Borg join us!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 06-05-2007 21:04 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Naah it wasn't actually but he's right into online gaming and LANS so it's the way it goes....my house gets invaded by about 20 males with computer every couple of months.....fairs fairSmile

No new posts 07-05-2007 04:44 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe you can make......I mean invite them to watch Gatchaman or BOTP every so often and just slowly convert them.

No new posts 07-05-2007 09:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

These guy go by names likeQ,raghead,sven,cugar (who I didn't know he a real name for 2yrs) so I guess they could be considered well strange. They fly alot of flight syms at the moment. Gatchaman keeps me sain....Cugar was airforce intelligence so that expalins a few things...hahaha

No new posts 07-05-2007 12:56 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Strangely, a friend of my supervisor used to be in the RAF and likes to play Halo 2 a lot, though he never went "into the field" at all.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 07-05-2007 at 16:39.
No new posts 07-05-2007 16:38 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

all this talk of food.....my cat is about to be renamed Berg Katse at the kill rate he has on birds at the moment...how many bell can you put on a cat he has 3 already...

Aussies still like pies chips and peas as a staple meal but multicultural society has expanded the menu a bit, anyone for Thai????

No new posts 08-05-2007 05:08 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Blimey, you may hae to stick bells everywhere on the cat.

No new posts 08-05-2007 18:34 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Metaliant were are you from? By the lingo I guess you could be an Aussie????

No new posts 09-05-2007 08:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: