Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Irony can be deadly
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Irony can be deadly
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As kids, we are taught the color red means hot. Therefore,It sorta makes sense that they would want the lava red, even though it is inaccurate. Like the idea of the sheet though! *Grin*

No new posts 18-07-2005 07:21 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-05-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I live alone and my cat does not know how to cook. As for the lava factoid, I hate to admit it, but I did not know about the true color of lava either.

A quote from the movie "Wall Street" 1987

No new posts 18-07-2005 13:57 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

Lava is yellow, as it cools, it turns to orange, then red. Most pictures we see of it pouring down the side of the mountain show it being an red or reddish brown because it's already cooling. But if you crack open the hardening outer layer, it's yellow in the middle. Makes sense, when it comes to melting minerals, yellow is only one step away from white, which is what molten rock looks like in the Earth's core. When it comes to burning gases, however, it's a bit different. Ok, enough chemistry for today. Big Grin

Katse

No new posts 19-07-2005 11:23 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: