Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » East coast storms
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page East coast storms
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you're okay, K2! That sounds very scary! Huggles

No new posts 03-07-2012 15:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I am aware of that, but can YOU tell a 75mph wind from a 100mph one, when you are in the middle of it? I know I can't...

You CAN'T?!? But...but I thought.... you've done so much -- I thought you could do EVERYTHING!!!
drama ...oh, how can I ever recover from such a traumatic shock?

No new posts 03-07-2012 19:32 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I may be an Owl, but unfortunately I can't do everything. Hmmm, but maybe if I could I would have been able to track down and capture that Eagle by now. Winknudge

No new posts 03-07-2012 21:28 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Sorry for the late response.

We are out of town and missed the whole thimg. We haven't been able to reach our neighbors to find out how things fared, but internet searches indicate our neighborhood was OK.

To compound matters, I just switched laptop internet providers from AT&T to Verizon and lost connectivity for a few days. Then we went to the in-laws in Georgia, only to learn their house is a dead zone for Verizon (just my freaking luck). Now we're at Myrtle Beach. We figured if there's damage, it'll just have to wait.

Although my husband just saw somehting on his cell about more storms hitting the DC area and we're trying to find out via TV since I'm not seeing anything about it on the internet myself.

No new posts 04-07-2012 01:43 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If the winds were that bad I'm glad I wasn't there. I've been through 3 hurricanes and am afraid of the wind. I would have been huddled in the basement freaking out.

No new posts 04-07-2012 01:48 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Glad you're okay, Becky. Hope the home's okay when you get home.

No new posts 04-07-2012 05:01 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Glad to hear you are okay Becky. Please let us know how things are when you return home.

No new posts 04-07-2012 12:51 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Temps broke 100 late last week, and I discovered my AC wasn't working right. It blows cold, but doesn't cool.

Now that the rain has lowered temps, I can't seem to persuade the maintenance guy that my AC needs fixing. Maybe I should wait until it hits 90 in my apartment again.

(Here's how I know it's a bit too warm: the cat won't lie on me.)

No new posts 04-07-2012 14:24 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Maintenance men can be such a pain. Unless whatever you're telling them about hits them in the head, they don't believe you.

I hope it gets fixed, UW.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 06-07-2012 at 02:13.
No new posts 04-07-2012 19:47 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

Glad to hear everyone is ok. UW I know exactly what you mean about maintenance men, I called one out to check the microwave in base housing and he put a glass of water in said its warm and working. He left tried to heat up tea and nothing. Guess next time I'll be sure to give him ice cold water to try. Frown Good luck with your AC, ask if the freon levels aren't too full or full enough, I know that use to be my Dad's issue.
Have a nice trip Becky and hoping your home is perfect when you return. Smile

No new posts 05-07-2012 03:00 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Pufles65
UW I know exactly what you mean about maintenance men, I called one out to check the microwave in base housing and he put a glass of water in said its warm and working. He left tried to heat up tea and nothing. Guess next time I'll be sure to give him ice cold water to try. Frown

It seems to me that the on-base maintenance men are worse than the garden-variety, civilian kind! (But then, that could just be me...)

No new posts 05-07-2012 03:12 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: