Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Flabbergasted....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Flabbergasted....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gorgeous work!

No new posts 19-03-2012 21:38 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Upon seeing the bag, all I can say is "Wow!"

No new posts 20-03-2012 00:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Do you make Gatchaman bags? If so, I'd like to place a bulk order.... Wink

(I'm being somewhat serious. If you made Gatchaman bags, I'd be willing to buy...)

No new posts 20-03-2012 13:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Do you make Gatchaman bags? If so, I'd like to place a bulk order.... Wink

(I'm being somewhat serious. If you made Gatchaman bags, I'd be willing to buy...)

Ha! Now if they made Gatchaman fabric....No really, I've tried looking for anime fabric of any kind, and there is some out there, IN JAPAN...There is this little thing about cost, and shipping...then I have to sew it...

For instance that Koi bag would easily run about $40 retail...and the fabric is no longer available, we sold out of it as fast as it came in.

No new posts 20-03-2012 20:02 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm not sure you'd need Gatchaman fabric. You could get plain red fabric and make a design for the Phoenix symbol. Then you could put that symbol on various plain background colors like white, pink, blue, yellow, green, brown... it would be super cool!

No new posts 20-03-2012 22:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

TJ's suggestion sounds better than what I had -- that you kidnap some child labor from China and use them to print your own fabric...

No new posts 20-03-2012 23:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You can do print on demand fabric these days. The only issue is that it's copyright infringement.

I've been thinking it would be cool to make bracelets patterned after the team's bracelets, but am pondering where the line is between "inspired by" and "lawsuit." Smile

No new posts 20-03-2012 23:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I've been thinking it would be cool to make bracelets patterned after the team's bracelets, but am pondering where the line is between "inspired by" and "lawsuit." Smile

I had this discussion with someone and determined that Tatsunoko generally won't pursue anything if the quantity is less than 100 and there is no profit being made.

That being said, I paid someone to make my Gatchaman costumes that I wear at Comic Con. They're one of a kind... but technically there is profit being made. Somehow, though, I don't think Tatsunoko would mind that.

No new posts 20-03-2012 23:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I had this discussion with someone and determined that Tatsunoko generally won't pursue anything if the quantity is less than 100 and there is no profit being made.

That being said, I paid someone to make my Gatchaman costumes that I wear at Comic Con. They're one of a kind... but technically there is profit being made. Somehow, though, I don't think Tatsunoko would mind that.

I can't picture myself making 100 identical anythings! However, if I'm going to make jewelry, I'd typically like to make some kind of profit. Doesn't have to be exorbitant, but my time and effort do cost something. That doesn't mean I won't try it someday just on a lark and see how it comes out, if only for myself or a gift to someone. Smile

I know there's a woman who got permission directly from the creators to sell her fanfic novels based on Ai no Kusabi. I'd think that creating a costume might be a bit different, particularly since cosplay seems to be kind of sanctioned by the industry.

Just rambling. I enjoy these thought exercises (and am a champion over-thinker, hence the Eagle clan). The chance of trouble is of course reduced if one doesn't put up a big "I'm making Gatch stuff!" sign online. Smile

No new posts 20-03-2012 23:36 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah yes, I could see it...plain white denim, or a nice Kona, red eagle design, machine quiliting to look like feathers....lots of nice pickety pockets inside, with outer pockets for phone an iPod (a girl has her priorities...)

Hmmm, one hundered bucks for starters...Perhaps more.

That's just it..with materials, patternmaking, time consumed putting it together, and know-how...you know how you go to sci-fi and comic conventions...I've been to sewing ones, and taken classes...It is all wrapped up in that...although you have given me an idea...

Hee.

No new posts 20-03-2012 23:48 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sounds like you have a plan k2!!

No new posts 20-03-2012 23:51 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I always have tons of plans, and fic ideas...trouble is there isn't enough time in the bloody day...if only I didn't need to sleep.

No new posts 21-03-2012 00:00 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just thought I'd add that I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the ins and outs of the fan market ...

I can't wait to see the bags you come up with, k2!

No new posts 21-03-2012 01:08 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

K2. I'm thrilled that you have an idea! I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

And yes, I have been to many Sci-Fi and Comic conventions. Wink

No new posts 21-03-2012 02:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

k2p2, what a compliment! That's great & thanks for sharing with us. I used to not think much of fish, but we've kept a pet goldfish for 9 years now. He's a sweetie & quite social.

No new posts 02-04-2012 03:05 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

K2, you could use some fabric with birds on it for the different team members.

No new posts 02-04-2012 23:09 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: