Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Earthquake
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Earthquake
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I wish Irene would just get here and we could get this over with. We've been dealing with it for days. Waiting is torture.

We had Isobel in 2003 in northern VA and that was just a Cat 1 that had weakened to a TS by the time it got to us. Got pounded for about 12 hours and lost electricity about 8 hours into the storm for about 18 hours. More prepared this time, having had the experience.

No new posts 27-08-2011 00:34 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just saw a news clip over about them doing evacuation for Irene , looks serious.

Is everyone on this Thread out of harms way?

(ps don't watch much news anymore, but trying to find out if there were anymore updates on the "Daniel Morcombe" Case)

No new posts 27-08-2011 04:46 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer

Becky and everyone else on the East Coast,
Irene is a very slow moving storm. It has been raining in Willmington for about 10 hours now. It just won't stop. It has only slowed down twice. The power went out about 8 hours ago. I'm sitting in my car charging my phone and IPad.

Hurricane Andrew was over and gone in 8 hours. Irene isn't going to blow down this town, it's just going to wash it out to sea.

The official rain fall total is about 7 inches, where I am now. It's like being under a fire hose. The authorities say that it will be another 12 hours of this.
The freaky thing is that sometimes it is raining so hard that you can't hear the wind. I expect that to change as the eye wall gets closer.

So, basically, it's all the rain that will be everyone's major problem. Sunrise is going to be an eye opener. Be well and be safe everyone. I'm going to go take a nap.

No new posts 27-08-2011 05:04 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: