Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hail to the Gatchaman Base!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hail to the Gatchaman Base!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I remember skinny jeans being the height of fashion by about 1980-81 (and wide-legged jeans becoming the epitome of nerdiness) so I guess Dr. Nambu actually paid attention to cutting edge fashion when designing their civvies! I also remember how hard it was to get my feet through them, unless they came with little zippers on the cuffs, and since guys have even bigger feet...

Maybe their jeans are made of stretchy denim.

No new posts 01-04-2009 17:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
oooops I forgot this is meant to be a family show. Animetongue

A family show with regular panty flashes. Wink

No new posts 01-04-2009 17:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

I forgot about that... I guess rippling muscles would not hurt then. Sceptic

No new posts 01-04-2009 18:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

I forgot about that... I guess rippling muscles would not hurt then. Sceptic

God, this just gave me flashes to Platinum Blonde, Journey, and all those other guys who wore those tight jeans and had their "package" flopping down one side.

Oh .... :shudder:

Ick

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 01-04-2009 18:44 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

So wth the boys wearing tight white jeans...the artist attention to deal is shocking...not ahhh package outlines shown I've noticed...what a shame...Springie it looks like we'll hve to do some touch ups...*grins*

I think I just hit gutter level

No new posts 02-04-2009 10:49 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

TJ- Ebony waves her arms to get her attention

Did Ken notice the dust when he returned to base? It looks like Jun is talking to him and her looks at his shoulder to where the water stain is...

No new posts 02-04-2009 10:57 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

HAHA! Ebony, you rock...

I love it when a fellow chickie has a mind as low in the gutter as I do.

Sighhh

No new posts 02-04-2009 11:32 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

Did Ken notice the dust when he returned to base? It looks like Jun is talking to him and her looks at his shoulder to where the water stain is...

Jun noticed that Ken's shirt was wet (she notices everything about Ken, of course) and he explained how it got that way. At that point the sparkly dust fell off, and Kamo noticed it. He had it analyzed, but by the time he figured out what it was, it was too late.

No new posts 02-04-2009 13:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

WOW.

I now know an awful lot about the base to say Ive never seen fighter.

Tight jeans, yeah I'd say 81ish. I got some for my 6th b'day and thought I was the DB's. I was so awesome I got a bit cocky and my mum sent me to bed, at my own party ! Stupid jeans for making me think I was all that.

No new posts 02-04-2009 14:55 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

But, Veritas ... you ARE all that!!

Sighhh

No new posts 02-04-2009 15:14 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Most of you are probably too young to remember that the entire tight pants thing really got started in 1977, with the release of "Saturday Nigh Fever" and the launch of the disco era. Don't believe me? Just take a look at this 1977 film of the Bee Gees performing their hit song, "Stayin' Alive."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAjmuA1HDk

So, with the tight pants worn by the characters, Tatsunoko was simply trying to keep the Ninja Team's civilian clothes up-to-date with then-current fashion trends.

As a side note, if any of you haved ever watched the 1960s WWII drama "Combat!," you might recognize the set the Bee Gees are wandering through as the dilapidated remains of the French village set that was used frequently in that series.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 02-04-2009 at 15:53.
No new posts 02-04-2009 15:50 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

My eyes My eyes!!!

Creepy 70's bulge alert!

:Grins:

Ahhh, James. I totally realize the artists were keeping with fashion -- which for the most part I LOVE cause I am such a 70's chick -- but there are always those parts that make us cringe.

TBH I don't think I can really see the boys in the current low-cut slouchy pants that the kids these days are wearing...

Something about Mark or Jason doing that Monkey-sway in their walk as they try to hold up their pants because they're so low on the hips they keep falling down, just doesn't feel right.

Now. Stick them in a sexy pair or Paper Denim jeans or a pair of Kenneth Coles -- yum yum. Mrrooowwwrrr

Heh, as a Menswear chickie I can totally hook them up with some gorgeous English Laundry shirts to go with the Paper Denims (so my favourite brand on guys)...

Hmmmm .... perhaps I may toy with some of our design sheets and dress the boys up in todays high-fashion...

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 02-04-2009 16:13 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

Most of you are probably too young to remember that the entire tight pants thing really got started in 1977, with the release of "Saturday Nigh Fever" and the launch of the disco era.

Nova Scotia certainly lagged behind, at least where children's fashions were concerned. This is my older sister and me, in 1977.

Aren't her pants lovely? So much of my clothes were hand-me-downs from her, but somehow I was mercifully spared ever having to wear those pants 3 or 4 years later!

Thanks for the Bee Gees link. Those clothes! Barry Gibb's hair! But, back in those days, if my friends and I weren't listening to ABBA records or the Grease soundtrack, then it was the Bee Gees.

No new posts 02-04-2009 18:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Ahhh, James. I totally realize the artists were keeping with fashion -- which for the most part I LOVE cause I am such a 70's chick -- but there are always those parts that make us cringe.

You and me both. Still, while you may have realized this, there does seem to be a trend on this subject that indicates that people think this fashion started in the 1980s, when it obviously didn't. What I suspect has happened is that people here didn't become aware of fashions until they hit their teens, which for many here (Though certainly not all of us, myself included) wasn't until the 1980s.

quote:
TBH I don't think I can really see the boys in the current low-cut slouchy pants that the kids these days are wearing...

Something about Mark or Jason doing that Monkey-sway in their walk as they try to hold up their pants because they're so low on the hips they keep falling down, just doesn't feel right.

I can't comment on that Ken or Joe would think of such things, but Gatchapin certainly doesn't care for that style. In some of the episodes this week, he was trying to get some boys to pull their pants up, and in another he was trying to get them to wear their hats properly. Gatchapin, the Science Fashion Police.

Of course, he's also Miss Manners, trying to get girls to stop texting while they're out with their friends. Gatchapin can be such a Zark at times... 7zark7

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 02-04-2009 at 18:48.
No new posts 02-04-2009 18:48 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

James ... I have tried to watch Gatchapin on the link you originally posted, but I am simply too stupid to work out how to find it to watch it.

I really feel like I'm missing out on something... :wibble:

It sounds like it is so much fun.

Sighhh

No new posts 02-04-2009 18:55 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

See, and here I thought Gatchapin was trying to sexually harrass the boys by playing with their pants, the way he was trying to harrass the girls by pulling at their skirts! Wink

For me, it's more the 'digital number' Adidas-style t-shirts I associate with the VERY early 80s. And the Science Ninja Team pull them off so well...

What year did Tron come out, anyhow? I think that's when the 'digital numbers' became popular...

Certainly Jun's hair in Gatch II and F reminds me of Olivia Newton's John's feather hair in the 'Physical' era.

No new posts 02-04-2009 18:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
James ... I have tried to watch Gatchapin on the link you originally posted, but I am simply too stupid to work out how to find it to watch it.

It's fairly easy (Heck, it has to be for little kids to use it).

Simply go to the web page (http://www.fujitvkidsclub.jp/webchannel/index.html). The second row down (With the #2 in the far left column) are the Gatchapin episodes.

Go to the episode highlighted in red and click on it. This will bring up a new window with a Play arrow in it. Click on the arrow.

When you clock on the arrow, it will take you to a Login page, with two boxes that need to be filled in. In the upper box (With "ID" next to it), put in 15023448, which is the member ID number. In the second box (With "Password" in Japanese next to it, in case you wondered), type in gatchapin (Yes, it must be all lower case). Then click the red OK button at the botton of the page (The blue button is Cancel).

This will take you back to the front page with the columns of different shows again. Again, Gatchapin is on the second row. Once again, click on the episode with the red highlight around it.

This will once again open a new window with the Play button in it. Click on the play button, and a new window will open up. In that window is where you will see the episode.

If you want to watch an episode over the weekend, all five of the episodes from that week are available to view, so none of them will have the red highlight found on the first page. You can pick any of them you wish, and the window with the Play button will appear.

Once you have logged in on a weekday, you can watch any of the programs that have the red highlight around them without having to login again. On the weekend, you can watch any of the programs on the page without having to login more than once. Every time you leave the main page, you have to login again.

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 02-04-2009 19:10 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

James if I could kiss you I would...

kissing Mwwwaaahhh

I will check it out this afternoon at home -- if my internet works, that is...

See ... I told you I'm stupid ...

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 02-04-2009 19:16 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
What year did Tron come out, anyhow? I think that's when the 'digital numbers' became popular...

Tron came out in 1982.

I remember first encountering those pseudo computer-type numbers in the mid-1970s. They were being used by science fiction fans on fanzines and to decorate props for their costumes because they looked "futuristic."

In actuality, that is OCR-A font, created in the late 1960s as a font that could be read by both human beings and by the earliest optical character recognition systems.

James

No new posts 02-04-2009 19:21 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

Jun noticed that Ken's shirt was wet (she notices everything about Ken, of course) and he explained how it got that way. At that point the sparkly dust fell off, and Kamo noticed it. He had it analyzed, but by the time he figured out what it was, it was too late.

Thanks!!! Of course she notices everything about Ken...*grins*

No new posts 02-04-2009 21:13 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: