Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » San Diego Comic Con
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page San Diego Comic Con
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wish I could, but alas it is not my year. But I am looking forward to the exciting con reports from everyone who does go.

No new posts 30-05-2009 03:04 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well it looks like I still have a four day ticket seeing as the Con has not gotten back to me about a refund.

No new posts 30-05-2009 23:15 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Well it looks like I still have a four day ticket seeing as the Con has not gotten back to me about a refund.

Have you written to them at their refund request address? Your request must be in writing, not via e-mail, and sent to:

Comic-Con Refund Request
P. O. Box 128458
San Diego, CA 92112

The deadline for refund requests is June 19, 2009.

Or, better still, you could come to the con...

James

No new posts 30-05-2009 23:44 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I could, but I don't have a place to stay and I suspect all places have been booked by now.

And yes I wrote to them over a month ago and have not heard back, as yet.

No new posts 31-05-2009 13:59 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I could, but I don't have a place to stay and I suspect all places have been booked by now.

And yes I wrote to them over a month ago and have not heard back, as yet.

AHem.

You have a place to stay. Poke

No new posts 31-05-2009 17:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well if I don't hear anything you might get an unexpected visitor flown in on the Phoenix of course.

Ooooops, just remembered I have now booked a course that is going on that during that time as well, so unless I can be in two places at once I will be a no show at the Con. droppeddead (I decided since I was not going to San Diego I would try to upgrade my credentials this summer.)

Next year, I promise.

No new posts 31-05-2009 18:10 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Ooooops, just remembered I have now booked a course that is going on that during that time as well, so unless I can be in two places at once I will be a no show at the Con.

Disappointing, to be sure. Still, since that's the case, I'd suggest you take a more proactive approach and write them again. For all we know, your original request may have gotten waylaid somewhere along the lines.

James

No new posts 31-05-2009 20:08 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Besides James, who else is going to ComiCon this year? TJ, are you still going?? Confused1

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 31-05-2009 21:49 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm still going, and I believe Barrdwing is going.

No new posts 01-06-2009 00:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

quote:
Ooooops, just remembered I have now booked a course that is going on that during that time as well, so unless I can be in two places at once I will be a no show at the Con.

Disappointing, to be sure. Still, since that's the case, I'd suggest you take a more proactive approach and write them again. For all we know, your original request may have gotten waylaid somewhere along the lines.

James

Yes I have had a few problems with getting things through customs recently.

I plan on sending a second letter to tomorrow. It is all addressed and sitting on the table beside my door so I can pick it up as I leave for work. I only checked my credit card statements, to see if I had a refund, when you posted your message about all tickets being sold out.

No new posts 01-06-2009 00:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

WAH! Wish I could be there this year...I'll be there in spirit! Take lots of pics for us, TJ!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-06-2009 01:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I hope that all who go, can give us wonderful views from it.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 05-06-2009 11:01 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

Yup, we're going. Smile We'll be spending an awful lot of time commuting back and forth this time, which is kind of a bummer, but free lodging is a big plus.

No new posts 14-06-2009 16:03 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

With Comic Con a little over a week away, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to let people know about the items at the con that might be of interest to Gatchaman fans.

For meeting up with other fans, we'll be gathering for lunch at noon each day of the convention, meeting up at the tables provided in the Sails Pavillion on the top floor of the convention center. Most of us will be wearing GatchaCon T-shirts, though I do know that as least one Jun costume will be be there too...

In the Dealers Room, Imagi will there in booth 3635, next to the Paramount Home Entertainment booth. Most of their booth will be purposed for promoting Astro Boy, but if their set-up at Anime Expo is any indication, they should have a small space dediated to Gatchaman and will be showing the video clips they showed there. It's likely that they'll have some of those Gatchaman watches to give away as well!

Also in the Dealers Room, Capcom will be at booth 5113, across from Electronic Arts on the first row of the East Side of the convention center. They'll be promoting many of their upcoming game releases, which will likely include Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. They usually have demos of these games available for people to play, so if you've always wanted to pit Ken or Jun against Megaman or Chun Li, this may be your chance!

There will also be several sellers in the Dealers Room who usually have some Gatchaman items, including Anime Link (Booth 415), Nichibei Anime (Booth 814), AnimeEd.com (Booth 5435), and Fantasia Toyz (Booth 701).

As far as convention panels go, Imagi is having a panel for Astro Boy on Thursday from 10:15 to 11:15 in Room 6BCF. The panel will feature stars Freddie Highmore and Kristen Bell, as well as Director David Bowers and Producer Maryanne Grager, all there to talk about their film. Admittedly, it is unlikely that Imagi's Gatchaman film will get more than a passing mention at this panel, but you never know!

On Friday, there will be a "Capcom: Fighting Games" panel from 2:30 to 3:30 in room 5AB. This panel will be focused on Capcom's newest fighting games, and Capcom game producer Ryota Niitsuma will be on the panel to talk about Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

In the Anime Rooms, alas, no Gatchaman is scheduled. On the other hand, Nurse Witch Komugi will be shown on Thursday night from 11:05 to 11:30 in Room 25AB. The schedule doesn't specifiy which Kogumi story will be shown, so there is a chance (Or perhaps you could ask) that it will be the second story, where Komugi transforms into a parody of the Science Ninja Team in order to fight her foe.

So, if there's anyone here who's planning on attending the Comic Con, but hasn't said anything about it yet, I hope we'll see you there! Just come up and say, "Hi!" We don't bite -- really.

James

No new posts 14-07-2009 20:14 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the summary, James! I'm planning at going to all of those events, and I'll be sure to post what I find!

Looking forward to seeing you there, and anyone else who can come!

No new posts 14-07-2009 21:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you for that list of events James.
I would so love to get my hands on one of those watches (I bet they are giving them away on Preview Night.) I guess that is what I get for deciding not to go this year. Cussing

No new posts 14-07-2009 22:52 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Just a quick note from Preview Night of the con to let you know that things have gotten started.

Heather and I met up with Helen at the Imagi booth. They had pretty much the same Gatchaman things that were seen in the pictures of their booth at Anime Expo -- The big comic book-like drawing of the Ninja Team on an overhead banner and the oversized image of Joe as part of the wall surrounding a monitor where they showed the same preview that they had at Anime Expo, as well as previews of Astro Boy.

As should be expected, Astro Boy is their main push right now.Tomorrow is the Astro Boy panel, and they'll be giving away Astro Boy goodies at their booth. The Gatchaman watches will apparently be given away on Friday and Saturday, and Saturday they are supposed to have something set up where you can have your picture taken with or as a Gatchaman character (From the sound of things, it might be like those carnival things where you put your head through a cut out in a picture, but don't hold me to that).

As far as the movie itself goes, there's pretty much no news beyond "Coming in 2011," and no word of minor things like Directors, Writers, Voice Cast, and the like.

Capcom does have Tatsunoko Vs Capcom available to play at their booth. Heather and I didn't go by there yet, but Helen did, and had the chance to play using Ken and Jun. Apparently Jun died quickly,though Ken seemed to be able to stay alive longer. She'll be able to tell you more details about it when she gets that chance.

From our quick run through the small portion of the Dealers Room we were able to cover in the 3 hours of Preview Night, there isn't a lot of Gatchaman merchandise, but there is some if you look for it. I saw a vintage Banso Jun figure at one dealer, and the Unifive 5-figure set at another. A couple of dealers have random volumes of the ADV DVDs. Nichibei Anime has a small selection of cels. Most of them are from the OAVs, but they did have a nice cel of Jun on the Auto Swan from Gatchaman II, and a cel of Ken in his civilian clothes that I recognized from Gatchaman Fighter #41. Nichibei also had a Gatchaman T-shirt that as a crane game machine prize in the late 1990s and a promotional poster from the second volume of the OAVs. We may spot more as we continue through the Dealers Room tomorrow.

Imagi's Astro Boy panel is tomorrow at 10:15. Helen should be there, but other concerns will probably prevent Heather and I from making it there, at least for the beginning. I don't expect there to be much (Or any) mention of Gatchaman, but it doesn't hurt to hope!

Anyway, more later, when I get the chance!

James

No new posts 23-07-2009 05:38 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thanks James! It sounds like you're all having a good time. Hopefully tomorrow there's more Gatch things there. Will you all be having your picture taken as a Gatch character?

Thw watches sound like a great thing to get a hold of. I'm envious of you all already!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 23-07-2009 at 08:35.
No new posts 23-07-2009 08:34 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Drool1 I'm drooling here! I'd love to be there with you guys! So glad you are having fun! Was TJ dressed as Jun in civvies? If so, did anyone recognize her? Flip

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-07-2009 10:12 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you for the update James.
Like Springie, I am envious of you. I would love to be there but this course prevented me from getting there.

Next year I promise. Hopefully by then Imagi will have its focus on Gatchaman.

No new posts 23-07-2009 11:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (6): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: