Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hooray for the God Phoenix!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hooray for the God Phoenix!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, great pictures, everyone! Now how about some interior shots? I know James posted the interior schematics awhile ago, along with the (various) seating arrangements.

No new posts 22-10-2008 15:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

And of course, who can forget that in BOTP the Phoenix had a sickbay where the 'not dead' astronauts were housed...

Another thing... presumably the God Phoenix had a bathroom somewhere... right? Wink

But it did not, apparently, have anywhere to sleep...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 22-10-2008 at 15:34.
No new posts 22-10-2008 15:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

That particular scene made for quite an interesting PWP that Springie wrote for me... Big Grin

No new posts 22-10-2008 15:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Okay, great pictures, everyone! Now how about some interior shots? I know James posted the interior schematics awhile ago, along with the (various) seating arrangements.

At times I was confused to where people were seating.

I knew from BOTP as a kid, that Tiny as pilot was at the front left, usually Mark was next to Tiny, but exactly where the other three would seat was a bit confusing.

I think Keyop and Princess was sitting facing the front and Jason was sitting behing them witht those big radar screens.

No new posts 22-10-2008 15:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant

I knew from BOTP as a kid, that Tiny as pilot was at the front left, usually Mark was next to Tiny, but exactly where the other three would seat was a bit confusing.

Not surprising! James explained to us that the configuration would change from episode to episode, depending on who was directing/producing it.

No new posts 22-10-2008 15:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Who was responsible for the design of the Gatch F ship?

Quick answer: Kunio Okawara. He did all the Mechanical Designs for Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter.

Long answer, and part of why the designs looked so different than they had from the first series: Between the production of the first series and the production of the second and third series, the sponsors had gained far more control over the shows that they were sponsoring. As a result, the major sponsors for a show were able to make certain demands that the production crew had to follow.

In the case of the second and third Gatchaman series, the toy manufacturer Popy was one of the big three sponsors (Along with Morinaga, a candy company, and Showa Note, who produced paper products (Coloring books, puzzles, note pads, sketch books, and the like)). As a result, Popy had a certain amount of influence regarding the vehicle designs, since they were going to be manufacturing toys based of what the vehicles looked like. To a degree, Popy could say that they wanted the vehicles to have certain basic shapes and to have specific gimmicks that they wanted to include in the toys, and studios had to create their designs around those specifications.

In the case of the Gatcha Spartan, it is likely that Popy told Tatsunoko that they wanted a main vehicle that was made out of the five vehicles combining, since that gimmick had proved popular with the toys based on the robots from Combattler V and Voltes V. I would not be surprised if the basic shape of the Gatcha Spartan was also from an Popy-derived edict.

So, Kunio Okawara created the design for the Gatcha Spartan, but he was doing so under the constraints placed upon him by a sponsor. The result was a vehicle that was designed to be a toy, while the first series vehicles were all designed to look good in animation.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 22-10-2008 at 23:44.
No new posts 22-10-2008 18:05 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I know James posted the interior schematics awhile ago, along with the (various) seating arrangements.

That can be found here:

God Phoenix Control Room Thread

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 22-10-2008 at 18:14.
No new posts 22-10-2008 18:14 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks James. It does seem that the arrangement I have mentioned is the one which is more popular liked by at least 2 directors and it just feels right to me.

I had a look at Snack J pic and never really realised that they had a stage. The layout looked like what I thought it would look like but I thought that there seats and 1 or 2 more tables where the stage was.

No new posts 22-10-2008 18:32 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Thanks for the link Smile... Now we need a good picture of the Phoenix in firebird mode... Winknudge

No new posts 22-10-2008 21:26 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Not surprising! James explained to us that the configuration would change from episode to episode, depending on who was directing/producing it.

I never really knew that as a kid. When I saw both BOTP and Gatchaman as an adult, I didn't really think about seating arrangements at all.

No new posts 22-10-2008 21:50 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Thanks for the great info (again!) James! The Gatch II and F ship designs make alot more sense now. Ok, so they don't really make any sense, but the reasoning behind them does... (I guess this means I should stop asking "Who was the creative/art director for this and what were they thinking???" everytime I see the New GodPhoenix). Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 22-10-2008 22:58 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick
Thanks for the link Smile... Now we need a good picture of the Phoenix in firebird mode... Winknudge

Ask and ye shall receive! (Hey, I'm not Hinotori for nothing!) Wink1

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 22-10-2008 at 23:17.
Reason: Having technical difficulties....
No new posts 22-10-2008 23:00 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
quote:

And of course, who can forget that in BOTP the Phoenix had a sickbay where the 'not dead' astronauts were housed...

Another thing... presumably the God Phoenix had a bathroom somewhere... right? Wink

Being a Star Trek Next Gen fan that was a question that always came up at the conventions--where was the bathroom? Daisy2

But I did think it odd that they were sleeping on the shore and why do Ken and Joe sleep sitting up?

No new posts 23-10-2008 00:51 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:

Clap Thanks Hino! I couldn't find any good ones...

No new posts 23-10-2008 01:28 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

quote:
Who was responsible for the design of the Gatch F ship?

The result was a vehicle that was designed to be a toy, while the first series vehicles were all designed to look good in animation.

Sigh, I expect that Gatchaman was not the first, or last, animated show that was pressured to create what the toy manufacturers, rather than the animators, wanted. If I recall, in the 1980s there were even a lot of animated kids shows created solely to promote existing toys.

No new posts 23-10-2008 02:34 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
quote:
quote:

Being a Star Trek Next Gen fan that was a question that always came up at the conventions--where was the bathroom? Daisy2

But I did think it odd that they were sleeping on the shore and why do Ken and Joe sleep sitting up?

There were couple of scenes in the series where in there was a bathroom in their quarters but another question is who actually did all the cleaning?

No new posts 23-10-2008 21:29 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

With the last pic, it most certianly looks like a roast chicken to me.

No new posts 23-10-2008 21:30 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
With the last pic, it most certianly looks like a roast chicken to me.

Nahhh... We'll leave that distinction for the New GodPhoenix!! ROFL 2

No new posts 24-10-2008 00:53 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Nahhh... We'll leave that distinction for the New GodPhoenix!! ROFL 2

New God Phoenix week is coming! But not for a few weeks. Next week is Devilstars. Wink

No new posts 24-10-2008 01:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: