Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » ninurta
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ninurta
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself, Ninurta! As CD, Met, and TJ all said, please don't worry about your English skills. We love meeting people from all over the world and are more than willing to help you improve your English or explain anything that you may not understand.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 17-10-2008 16:52 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Or better yet helping us learn some of your language. Wink

No new posts 17-10-2008 17:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It's great to meet you, Ninurta, and if you are a Condor girl then we have something in common besides a love for Gatch! I agree with what everyone is saying, that we enjoy having members from all over the world here, and we understand that English isn't everyone's first (or second...) language.

No new posts 17-10-2008 21:12 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
ninurta ninurta is a Female
Just popping in

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2008

spacer

Hi everyone,

thank you so much for the nice word. saturn is right, you all are very nice people.I hope I can learn many think here.

Transmute Jun, thank you so much for the picture of Joe. I really like it.

No new posts 17-10-2008 21:55 ninurta is offline Send an Email to ninurta Search for Posts by ninurta Add ninurta to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ninurta
Hi everyone,

thank you so much for the nice word. saturn is right, you all are very nice people.I hope I can learn many think here.

Good ninurta welcome... Im glad that you are ready to feel the fury of Galactor...hahahahaha!
Galactor Galactor Katse Galactor Galactor

No new posts 18-10-2008 03:27 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Nice, aren't they? I especially like the second one -he's so intense he's actually biting his lip! What episode is it from, TJ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 18-10-2008 at 03:38.
No new posts 18-10-2008 03:37 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Nice, aren't they? I especially like the second one -he's so intense he's actually biting his lip! What episode is it from, TJ?

Glad you like them, LB! It's from Gatch II episode 16, where Joe passes out while driving a car and Jun tries to save him. They end up in a cave and... well, you know the ep. Wink

For those who don't, here is my slideshow recap. Click on the images to see the slideshow.

Part 1

Part 2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 18-10-2008 at 03:56.
No new posts 18-10-2008 03:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

quote:
Hi everyone,

Dear Xiao Ni,

Hopefully now you will believe me when I said that I master English by conversing with native English speakers in a board like this, rather than wasting my time in a boring English class with a local teacher at the language center, Big Grin

I will stop by your place tonight to teach you all about avatars and other things. Now that you are already a member, we can have a tour of the Rubber Room together, Devil3 , just make sure that you've put the kids to bed first, Devil2

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Or better yet helping us learn some of your language.

Dear CD,
Why don't I share with you some names in the Chinese version of Gatchaman

Gatchaman = Xiao Fei Xia (Xiao="small, Fei="flying", xia= "heroic", so the title could literally means "Heroic Flying Small Birds", I guess)

Ken = Tie Xiong (literally means "Iron Male")

Joe = Da Ming ( literally means "The next great thing", perhaps referring to Joe's position as G2)

Jun = Zhen Zhen (literally means "Treasure", and what a valuable treasure she is indeed, Smile )

Jinpei = A Ding (" Ding" here means "4th", possibly referring to his position as G4)

Ryu = A Long ("Long" means "Dragon". The dragon is always considered as a sacred mythical creature for us Chinese, and I guess "dragon" is more manly than "Owl", Big Grin )

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
For those who don't, here is my slideshow recap. Click on the images to see the slideshow

Dear TJ,

Thank you so much for sharing the slideshow.
I have always wondered what really happened in that particular ep. and I am sure that Xiao Ni will enjoy the slideshow too.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by saturn on 18-10-2008 at 07:10.
No new posts 18-10-2008 07:07 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Glad you like them, LB! It's from Gatch II episode 16, where Joe passes out while driving a car and Jun tries to save him. They end up in a cave and... well, you know the ep. Wink

For those who don't, here is my slideshow recap. Click on the images to see the slideshow.

Ah, I recognized the first pic, but not the second...

Those are great slideshows -you capture all the "shippiness!"

No new posts 18-10-2008 14:03 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by saturn

Gatchaman = Xiao Fei Xia (Xiao="small, Fei="flying", xia= "heroic", so the title could literally means "Heroic Flying Small Birds", I guess)

Ken = Tie Xiong (literally means "Iron Male")

Joe = Da Ming ( literally means "The next great thing", perhaps referring to Joe's position as G2)

Jun = Zhen Zhen (literally means "Treasure", and what a valuable treasure she is indeed, Smile )

Jinpei = A Ding (" Ding" here means "4th", possibly referring to his position as G4)

Ryu = A Long ("Long" means "Dragon". The dragon is always considered as a sacred mythical creature for us Chinese, and I guess "dragon" is more manly than "Owl", Big Grin )

This is so interesting! Could you also tell us what Berg Katse or Dr. Nambu are called?

No new posts 18-10-2008 14:05 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
ninurta ninurta is a Female
Just popping in

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2008

spacer

quote:
This is so interesting! Could you also tell us what Berg Katse or Dr. Nambu are called?

Dear LB,

Saturn is here with me now. These are the chinese names for Dr. Kozaburo Nambu and Berg Katse

Kozaburo Nambu= Nan Bu Kao San Lang (Nan= "South", Bu= "Part", Kao="Test", San="Three", Lang="Youth", so if we combine all meanings, Dr.Nambu's name will mean "The southern part of the test for three youths", HUH????? loopy ), but I guess the Chinese translator just want to make sure that the pronunciation of Dr. Nambu's name to sound the same in both Japanese and Chinese languages, just like Jun's name, "Zhen" and "Jun" sound the same, Smile

Berg Katse = Da Tou Mu (literally means "The Great Leader")

No new posts 18-10-2008 15:26 ninurta is offline Send an Email to ninurta Search for Posts by ninurta Add ninurta to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Those are great slideshows -you capture all the "shippiness!"

That was the whole point of it. Wink

No new posts 18-10-2008 16:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

If Berg Katse is the Great Leader, then what do they call sosai X? ROFL 2

No new posts 18-10-2008 16:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
If Berg Katse is the Great Leader, then what do they call sosai X? ROFL 2

Considering that Joe is "the next great thing," perhaps Sosai X ought to be "the Great Leader" and then Katse could be "the next great Leader."

No new posts 18-10-2008 17:00 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Kozaburo Nambu= Nan Bu Kao San Lang (Nan= "South", Bu= "Part", Kao="Test", San="Three", Lang="Youth", so if we combine all meanings, Dr.Nambu's name will mean "The southern part of the test for three youths", HUH????? loopy )

I would make at least some sense if his name meant "test for five youths."

Thanks for sharing these translations with us!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 18-10-2008 at 17:03.
No new posts 18-10-2008 17:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Thank you for sharing all those translations for us Saturn.

Hmmm, if only 3 youths are being tested, does that mean the other two are not. Winknudge
So which would be the 3 being tested and who are the 2 who are not?
Ken, Joe and ..... Jun?

No new posts 18-10-2008 21:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Welcome Ninutra!

Love your avatar!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 18-10-2008 22:01 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Love your new avatar TJ. But why on earth would Eagle shoot Redsquadron for?

No new posts 18-10-2008 22:20 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Love your new avatar TJ. But why on earth would Eagle shoot Redsquadron for?

Attempting to drown him when he was a toddler?

Throwing him across the room in front of his team?

Kicking him in the stomach when Jun had been eaten by a Jigokiller?

Arrogantly 'saving the KNT's butts' in battle?

And the list goes on.... Wink

No new posts 18-10-2008 23:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Love your avatar ninurta!

Laugh1 Love yours too TJ, especially since Ken is shooting Red Impulse and Joe is watching after killing Berg Katse, I'm assuming that who's in the background?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by shamrokchick on 19-10-2008 at 00:16.
No new posts 19-10-2008 00:15 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: