Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Pregnant man?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pregnant man?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since we're on the subject of Katse's procreationm in the interests of shameless self-promotion, I'll mention my Sunset fic. Big Grin

Sunset with pictures

SUnset No Pictures

No new posts 10-04-2008 00:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Personally, I think that any loving/nurturing instincts in Katse would have an awful lof of other psychosis to battle through in order to achieve good parenting skills.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 10-04-2008 08:30 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

You people talk smack....

Do yall have the balls to FIGHT!

No new posts 10-04-2008 14:49 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Do you have the brains?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 10-04-2008 15:20 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ask Dameion hes locked up in my dungeon......

And do u think u do!

I will not be critiszed by twerp like u!

DEVILSTAR eh well i dont care!

HA HA HA HA HA

No new posts 10-04-2008 15:27 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Fairlight
Boardie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-11-2007

spacer

Gunman---LOL! It's like having the real Katse in the group. I love you people!

No new posts 10-04-2008 15:41 Fairlight is offline Search for Posts by Fairlight Add Fairlight to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Methinks the real Katse would be able to spell criticised (or criticized, the US way).

No new posts 10-04-2008 16:10 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You truely believe u can beat me!

I will have ur head on a Stick! Laser

No new posts 10-04-2008 18:15 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Katse is basically a person who can switch sexes and I wondered if he/she could get pregnant.

There's certainly no canon on this topic, but I suppose it's possible that Katse, in female form, could get pregnant, but would then have to remain solely in female form for several months to ensure the survival of the baby. If female Katse switched to male Katse, while pregnant, I would imagine the result would be very unpleasant.

We don't know how much of the change Katse could control, but s/he might keep the womb while beeing in male form. A huge belly, of course could give a lot of trouble in dodging the shurikens!

Besides, Katse had four sets of chromosomes. So hir child would inherit 3 assuming the father isn't a hermaphrodite too. Even soo, if it has an Y and 2 XX, given Gatch cannon it should be able to chage it's gender. (Poliploidy is lethal in humans in real life) So Katse's child could be a hermaphrodite too.

As for Katse being a good parent, have you considered the possibility of Sosai taking hir child away? Or even if Katse wanst to bring the pregnancy to the term, giving the troubles s/he would have to endure during it, the break in hir Gallactor leadership position and the extra-dangers from Gatchaman?

Someone sugested that Katse had a hard childhood and youth. The only fics I've found this are these of Alara Rogers (she also wrote a seris Aite about Katse and Joe having a child, where Katse was the mother)
but I don't agree with the idea.

There's no way s/he could have gained all that knowledge about science, mecha, disguise etc is s/he would have grow up as a street rat! Are there any suggestions in Gatch 1 that Katse could have had such a life before his Gallactor leader career?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by amyltrer on 10-04-2008 at 19:14.
No new posts 10-04-2008 19:09 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Gunman
Thats disgusting!

U eagles take to much pride in mouthing about kaste!

I was mouthing yall once but u metaliant started balling how u was going to leave!

Well u will halt in the verbal assualts or i will make this place hell!

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Cool down Gunnie! Katse may have the ability to give birth to a child in hir female form, but you don't. So you won't be in Beatie's situation.

No new posts 10-04-2008 19:22 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer

Someone sugested that Katse had a hard childhood and youth. The only fics I've found this are these of Alara Rogers (she also wrote a seris Aite about Katse and Joe having a child, where Katse was the mother)
but I don't agree with the idea.

There's no way s/he could have gained all that knowledge about science, mecha, disguise etc is s/he would have grow up as a street rat! Are there any suggestions in Gatch 1 that Katse could have had such a life before his Gallactor leader career?

Amy when the stories mention Katse having a hard life I do not think any of them mention her being a street rat as being the hard life. I think what they mean is having to hide identities every year, male one year female the next, and living with that change. Think about this would you not find it hard to have to re adjust your life every year and change schools every year, new friends every year, etc.

(I know I would/did, and I did not move every year but every 18 months to 28 months for my entire primary years of school. When I got to High School, grade 9, my parents settled down and decided my brother and I needed some consistancy. But by then the damage was done to me, I have never been able to keep a permanent friendship since.)

No new posts 10-04-2008 20:18 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

Amy when the stories mention Katse having a hard life I do not think any of them mention her being a street rat as being the hard life. I think what they mean is having to hide identities every year, male one year female the next, and living with that change. Think about this would you not find it hard to have to re adjust your life every year and change schools every year, new friends every year, etc.

(I know I would/did, and I did not move every year but every 18 months to 28 months for my entire primary years of school. When I got to High School, grade 9, my parents settled down and decided my brother and I needed some consistancy. But by then the damage was done to me, I have never been able to keep a permanent friendship since.)

Yes they do. Here is one of the Alara's series:

Click!!

There's even death, gore and abuse is many of them!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by amyltrer on 10-04-2008 at 20:25.
No new posts 10-04-2008 20:24 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
I have never been able to keep a permanent friendship since.

You have one now! Huggles

No new posts 10-04-2008 22:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
(I know I would/did, and I did not move every year but every 18 months to 28 months for my entire primary years of school.

That must have been hard. Were one or both of your parents in the military? (my brother's in the Canadian Air Force, and he + family move about every 3 years)

No new posts 10-04-2008 22:50 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

You have one now! Huggles

I second that emotion!! Grouphug

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 10-04-2008 23:03 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
I have never been able to keep a permanent friendship since.)

Huggles CD... you got more friends than you realize!!! Count me in! Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 11-04-2008 at 00:25.
No new posts 11-04-2008 00:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Add me to the list! Wave1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-04-2008 00:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I know I haven't been here very long, but count me too!

No new posts 11-04-2008 00:47 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Gunman
You truely believe u can beat me!

I will have ur head on a Stick! Laser

Clearly we have a psychotic imposter here. With an IQ of 280, Lord Katse can SPELL, thank you very much. And of course s/he is far smoother and more dangerous than all this blustering makes hir sound.

Hummmph.

PS: CD Grouphug

Using psychology in your fanfic? WritersGuidetoPsychology.com

No new posts 11-04-2008 04:17 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I doubt Gunman is even captain-of-the-week material. I am finding it amusing to picture him dressed as a poodle though. Wink

Anyway, I recall the street rat and abused origins written for Katse were to give a basis for Katse's hatred of humanity in general, such as the ability to wipe out city after city without a second thought. I believe the theory was originally Alara Rogers' and then was picked up on by lots of other writers including Ennien, Cal, and Deborah Brown.

And another hug for CD Hug

No new posts 11-04-2008 07:08 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (7): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: