Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Ebony and Ivory have an annoucement to make!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ebony and Ivory have an annoucement to make!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And the sonic impact will drown out any baby cries!

No new posts 17-10-2007 03:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It is great there is good news going around. Hopefully in a ouple of days Ebony can pop back and let us know how things went.

No new posts 17-10-2007 14:15 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

AFAIK everything is going well... she just met Caitlin today!

No new posts 17-10-2007 14:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
It is great there is good news going around. Hopefully in a ouple of days Ebony can pop back and let us know how things went.

I noticed things are pretty quite from that side of the world lately. I hope she is enjoying herself and meeting Caitlin.

I guess we will not get much from her Lightning Fic until things settle down in that Eagle household.

No new posts 17-10-2007 22:49 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I wouldn't expect much!

No new posts 17-10-2007 22:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I can only imagine how crazy things are for her right now...I know she is enjoying it, but it is also very tiring...
I'm anxious to hear how things are going...
hopefully she'll have a few moments for an update in the next day or so...baby2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-10-2007 23:09 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
I can only imagine how crazy things are for her right now...I know she is enjoying it, but it is also very tiring...
I'm anxious to hear how things are going...
hopefully she'll have a few moments for an update in the next day or so...baby2

I am hoping for that too..... and maybe some piccies of the little one.

No new posts 17-10-2007 23:36 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Yup, I'm waiting news from her too. I hope little Caitlin has accomodate well with her new family!

No new posts 18-10-2007 10:54 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

All we can do I guess is wait and keep our fingers crossed that everything went well

and maybe pray pray pray pray pray

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Firebird on 18-10-2007 at 11:56.
Reason: typo's
No new posts 18-10-2007 11:54 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I haven't heard from Ebony at all! I'm presuming that means that she is spending every waking moment with Caitlin!!!!

No new posts 18-10-2007 12:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Or preparing the home for her.
Never personally knowing anyone who has adopted before. I am not sure how it proceeds. It sounded like they had been on the list for a while. Would she suddenly be thrown a you have X amount of time (1-2 weeks) to prepare for your new 6 month old baby by the adoption agaency?

At least when you get pregnent you have 9 months to prepare yourself and your home. Purchase supplies, toys, clothing, furniture etc.

No new posts 18-10-2007 20:29 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

We had to travel to the foster parents home and we stayed at a friends house while we went through the transition stage of getting her familiar with us, and learning about her routine etc...

I have had her home only a few hours and right now she is fast asleep in her bed...so far so good! sleep4

Dad(my Eagle) just wants to play, while mum(me) thinks of bottles and feed times and everything else at the moment...I got him to change a nappy today, "play with this and put it on her bottom!" I said to him.

But she is a good baby and it was an emotional time for the foster family who had her for 6 months to say goodbye. I promised them a visit from us so they could see how she's going and growing soon.

Yes I will be busy, but writing a fic (Lightening)will keep me sane at times and some normality for me!

So right now I have few moments to do some posts while my little daughter is sleeping:Smile:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 19-10-2007 at 11:00.
No new posts 19-10-2007 09:56 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You have brought her home already?
I am so happy for you.
Maybe your fics will now involve the antics of little Eagles, Swan's or Condors.
Not that I am pushing you to start writing again.
Enjoy and adjust to your new family first. Then start writing when you find the time.

No new posts 19-10-2007 11:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, Ebony, I'm so glad it's going well for you! Huggles

If it helps, my DH wantde to do all of the fun stuff and never any of the messy stuff. Thing is though, for a baby, the messy stuff is even MORE important to the child, and takes up much more time. So it's actually the best way to bond (IMHO). Think about it... Caitlin's world right now is all HER needs. The person who rocks/sings her to sleep, takes away those nasty diapers, feeds her when she's hungry and cuddles her when she cries is going to be the most important person in her life.

And my DH wonders whey the kids always want to sit next to ME. Wink

No new posts 19-10-2007 12:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Oh, Ebony, that is so wonderful! And you did the right thing getting Daddy to change the diapers; next, make him do a bath. So many men are afraid to handle babies, afraid they'll break them, (I really think the "ick" factor is exaggerated, because they won't admit to the fear), but once they do it a few times it all gets easier.

Do you get any parental leave?

Six months is a wonderful age. And just in time for summer, too!

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 19-10-2007 16:26 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Yeah, Ebony! You have so much to look forward to...just think how wonderful the holidays are going to be this year!! Hope you are getting plenty of rest...and enjoying your little one... sleep4 Anime Smooch

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 19-10-2007 19:05 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Before you know it, Caitlin will be crawling and then walking and talking and getting into everything. Wink You and your Eagle will have a lot of work ahead of you but it is worth it!

My step-great-grandkids are just over a year old and 9 months. The oldest, Maddy, loves to sit with me as we look through the picture books. She will point and say "what's that?"

Intellect

When I walk into the room, the youngest (Caddance) can't take her eyes off me. At first I think I scared her but now she always smiles at me. I think she is fascinated by either my glasses or my goatee. Wink I love spending time with both of them.

Now the step-grandkids are turning into teenagers so there's a whole different ball game. *grin*

Best of luck to you Ebony and to your Eagle. You have the hardest job on your hands but also the most fulfilling one.

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 19-10-2007 at 23:18.
No new posts 19-10-2007 23:17 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Oh, Ebony, I'm so glad it's going well for you! Huggles

If it helps, my DH wantde to do all of the fun stuff and never any of the messy stuff. Thing is though, for a baby, the messy stuff is even MORE important to the child, and takes up much more time. So it's actually the best way to bond (IMHO). Think about it... Caitlin's world right now is all HER needs. The person who rocks/sings her to sleep, takes away those nasty diapers, feeds her when she's hungry and cuddles her when she cries is going to be the most important person in her life.

And my DH wonders whey the kids always want to sit next to ME. Wink

My DH has been doing the playing bit a lot! But he has done some feeding as well since she is on a bottle, and I told him it would help him bond etc.

He wants to put a little seat for her to lay back in and watch him play games in the computer room!

Daddy's little girl...

washplate this is mum (me)

No new posts 20-10-2007 02:49 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Biglaugh2 My DH had the kids sitting in his lap while he was at the computer at 1 month. He had to stop at about 3 months because they were starting to want to use the keyboard... one thing they enjoyed was we gave them an old keyboard (real one) to bash while we were on the computer, and they thought it was fun! They didn't figure out that it didn't do anything until close to 1 year old...

No new posts 20-10-2007 03:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I have heaps of washing to sort out tomorrow...

I think she will learn the Gatchaman theme very soon!

After all it is a catchy tune!

No new posts 20-10-2007 07:42 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: