Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Help a Swan ....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Help a Swan ....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

oohhh 100% Maple syrup for my buttermilk pancakes! that could be a trade off worth considering mmmm

Negotiations are underway!

No new posts 15-08-2007 12:02 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Maple syrup is DA BOMB!

Just remember to heat it on the stove - you get the best, yummy results when the syrup is hot.

WE have a Sugar Maple here at work I have been eyeballing to put a little tap in to. I even asked Flash (my Tree Surgeon) when is the best time, blah blah. He - for some reason - wouldn't give up the instructions.

Meanie ...

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 15-08-2007 12:06 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

ooohhh a coctail made from it???mmmm what would go best...

Baileys goes with Everything almost...mmmmm

You could put

30ml cream
30ml warm syrup
30ml port

In a brandy glass garnished with mint leaves.(and... yes I used have cocktail parties!)

see how that goes and get back to me!

No new posts 15-08-2007 12:21 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh ...

I will try that - and seeing you're an Aussie and have access to this stuff, let me give you a cocktail recipe..

30ml Cadbury Creme liquer
30ml Kaluha
30ml Dark Creme De Cacao

Blend with milk and icecream

put it in a glass that you've dribbled chocolate sauce down... Sprinkle chocolate shavings on it.

When I worked in the nightclub, we called it "Death by chocolate" ... It is like a chocolate milkshake - only with a butt-load of alcohol in it.

I also have a massive list of shooter recipes, too.

I loved working th bar!!

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 15-08-2007 12:43 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

oohhh I have had one similar to it! Death by Chocolate didn't last long here! Why I don't know...bad management!

I have had liquor coffee tim tam explosions ....just let me melt here from the ecstasy of it..mmmmmmaaaaaa YUM!

Ebony puts her hand on her forehead as she melts to the floor from the desire for it!

P.S while your around SJ Amy needs a discussion thread for her fics...I think she is lost in clubhouse!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 15-08-2007 at 12:55.
No new posts 15-08-2007 12:52 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh honey - I am about to step in to a meeting.

When I get out, I will jump in and help out my dear girl.

Sorry ... I actually have to work today ... LOL

SJ
Oh and the tim tam explosion thingie.

PLEASE send across some to this little swannie!!

I gotto TRY THAT!!

Sighhh

No new posts 15-08-2007 12:58 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
WE have a Sugar Maple here at work I have been eyeballing to put a little tap in to. I even asked Flash (my Tree Surgeon) when is the best time, blah blah. He - for some reason - wouldn't give up the instructions.

Meanie ...

SJ

I use to help my parents tap their maple trees SJ. Unfortunately one tree is probably not enough to make maple syrup.

The boil down of sap to syrup is something like 40 to 1. Can't remember exactly. I do know we use to fill 3 green garbage cans and boil it down to about 10 1 litre jars.

My parents found out the hard way you do not boil indoors. Must boil outside - over open flame is best for that special taste.

We would spend a whole weekend in March to boil. These days I belive the sap flow is earlier though, what with the weather being warmer earlier.

No new posts 15-08-2007 13:45 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I've never been that big on Maple Syrup, but I LOVE maple sugar! When I was a kid every year we'd take a school trip to a tree farm in the spring and watch them gathering the sap from the maple trees. Afterwards they gave us fresh cakes of maple sugar.... yummy!!!!!

Oh... I'm drooling now just thinking about it....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 15-08-2007 at 15:10.
No new posts 15-08-2007 15:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Canada is known for Maple syrup, I have not heard of maple sugar!

We have very few maple products out here. Ons small glass jar of Canadian 100% Maple syrup cost almost $10 here!

So you don't waste it! But I do like it on my pancakes with whipped vanilla bean cream and strawberries. It is a special treat to have it.

No new posts 15-08-2007 23:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Hey ... Maple syrup is pretty cheap in Australia ... You should see how much it costs in Dominion here ...

<chuckle>

Maple sugar, maple cookies, maple chocolate - YUM!!

Maple drumsticks, however - yucky.

I like to get my Maple syrup in either Quebec or at the markets in Belleville. I prefer the dark syrup as opposed to the lighter stuff. It's more rich and yummy ...

So to jump back onto my original topic of Missy Higgins.

Amy sent me a few songs that I have been playing on the CD player here at home ...yayy... And then I popped in to iTunes to download her album.

The damn thing was like Jump Rope for Heart!

Not one song didn't have moments of skipping in it.

I am kinda ticked at that!

I figure if I actually pay for the music it would be good quality ... nope ... very disappointed in iTunes right now ....

Hey. At least I still Have Zeppelin, the Who, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Cream, Clapton, Lennon, Blonde, Jimmy Barnes, Cold Chisel, Aussie Crawl, Divinyls ... et al to listen to ...

Bad iTunes. Very Bad ...

Sniffs the air as a sudden acrid odour of Toddler wafts past with said toddler

Excuse the pun, but my son smells like shit - looks like I'm on diaper duty .... Grunt ...

It aint Maple syrup I tell ya ....

Shudder

SJ

Sighhh

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by SJ_SwanJun on 16-08-2007 at 01:55.
Reason: Because I can't type for shit
No new posts 16-08-2007 01:52 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Edit: Wrong Thread. Carry On. I am not the droid you're looking for...

* delete delete *

"Spider sense....tingling."

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Buffy on 19-08-2007 at 15:55.
No new posts 19-08-2007 02:58 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

SJ the fake maple syrup is cheap, the small bottle of Queen 100% Canadian Maple Syrup is about $8.00 on adverage...

Anyway can you download the album from torrents sights???

No new posts 19-08-2007 04:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Yess, it's all free on torrents!

No new posts 19-08-2007 05:16 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Torrents are good!

No new posts 19-08-2007 05:40 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: