Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Can't work it out. Fuck.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Can't work it out. Fuck.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Can't work it out. Fuck. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, tried putting money in this stupid bank on this site but it does dosn't work. Tried to buy a sword and a dagger and same thing happens. It just won't work.

Can someone PPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE, tell me what's the fuck is going on.

Thank you for you co-operation.

Big Grin

No new posts 01-08-2005 22:43 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

They work ok for me. What browser do you use?

No new posts 01-08-2005 23:19 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My first guess is browser incompatability.

IE tends to not have problems with compatability.

Other browsers do.

Other than that, who knows. LOL

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 02-08-2005 01:54 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-05-2005

spacer

I actually did manage to get it to work, but I have IE. What I really look forward to is getting in a battle with someone. I have a feeling that then I will be lost and confused myself.

A quote from the movie "Wall Street" 1987

No new posts 02-08-2005 07:38 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's will be both of us, lost and confused. AS for the browsers, no idea which one I use.

No new posts 02-08-2005 07:42 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Aww come on you must know what browser you use,

Go Help-->About

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 02-08-2005 15:18 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I am not a computer genius I am afraid.

No new posts 03-08-2005 17:46 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Are you using AOL or something like that, where it completely rebrands the browser?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 03-08-2005 18:29 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah right, I understand now, I think.......no I better not do that. Dangerous that thinking stuff.

I am using Windows XP.

No new posts 03-08-2005 18:33 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ok, that actually helps. Look in the upper-left hand corner. Is there an "e" over what looks like a sheet of paper? Or is it an "N?" Or is it a flame-y type thing in a circle?

E = Explorer
N = Netscape
flame-y thing = Firefox

No new posts 03-08-2005 23:13 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Letter E over a piece of paper.

No new posts 04-08-2005 08:38 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's IE - internet explorer - then.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 04-08-2005 10:12 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

In this case, I would suggest going to the menu on the top.

Select "Tools"

Scroll down to "Internet Options" and click on that

Click on " Delete Cookies." After that, you will have to relogin to any sites that require a password. If it still doesn't work after that, go back through and click on " Delete Files."

That should, theoretically, do it. Unfortunately, I do best when I'm able to sit right in front of the computer.

If it still doesn't work, I have another question:
Is the computer in question at a company (i.e., where you work) or is it your home computer? Some companies have firewalls that do the strangest things (my school firewall made it difficult for me to do some things - I got around it for some stuff, but companies are stronger, generally).

Hope this helps.

No new posts 04-08-2005 13:51 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Elvin Ruler
In this case, I would suggest going to the menu on the top.

Select "Tools"

Scroll down to "Internet Options" and click on that

Click on " Delete Cookies." After that, you will have to relogin to any sites that require a password. If it still doesn't work after that, go back through and click on " Delete Files."

I will try this but don't like it.

If it still doesn't work, I have another question:
Is the computer in question at a company (i.e., where you work) or is it your home computer? Some companies have firewalls that do the strangest things (my school firewall made it difficult for me to do some things - I got around it for some stuff, but companies are stronger, generally).[/QUOTE]

It's my own computer in my own (well 50% is mine) house.

No new posts 04-08-2005 21:14 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmm? Deleting the cookies and files won't get rid of anything you've actually downloaded. The files are things like advertisements, icons, etc., that help pages to load faster. It won't remove any of your stuff.

Since it's your computer, I doubt that it's a firewall issue. Hmmm...

No new posts 04-08-2005 23:09 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Be careful of those hhhhmmmms, as they can do damage to your brain. They hurt my head but luckily can't do damage to my brain as I don't have one.

Need the room for beer, you know.

Big Grin Cool

No new posts 05-08-2005 08:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think this is one for Cep, really.

I can use the bank with no problems at all in IE, Mozilla and Firefox. (And I have 4294967295 gold to prove it!)

So, it's either your PC specifically stopping it, or something to do with your user data on Gatchamania.

Does it come up with an error message when you try? If so, what does it say?

No new posts 05-08-2005 10:22 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

That entire section is PHP so I know its not going to be anything to do with JS.

If your running IE then the only thing I can think of is that you have a bad cookie.

I wouldnt really worry though I am going to be scraping the site soon. Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 05-08-2005 13:46 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

"WHAT, why, no you can't." Starts crying. Crying4

No new posts 05-08-2005 16:53 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
I think this is one for Cep, really.

I can use the bank with no problems at all in IE, Mozilla and Firefox. (And I have 4294967295 gold to prove it!)

So, it's either your PC specifically stopping it, or something to do with your user data on Gatchamania.

Does it come up with an error message when you try? If so, what does it say?

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

This is what it says:-

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

No new posts 05-08-2005 17:16 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: