Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » All the little pups go baa! baa! baa!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page All the little pups go baa! baa! baa!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
All the little pups go baa! baa! baa! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:

Thousands of rich Japanese women were conned into believing lambs were valuable miniature poodles.

Flocks were imported from the UK and Australia to be sold by an internet company as the latest "must have" pet.

The scam was rumbled when movie star Maiko Kawakami complained on a talk show that her new poodle refused to bark or eat dog food.

She showed photos of the animal and was devastated when told that it was a lamb, reports the Sun.

Hundreds of women contacted police to say that they had also been sold lambs instead of pedigree pups by the con artists based in Sapporo.

One couple found out the truth only after a dog beautician told them she could not trim their poodle's claws - because they were hooves.

The company, whose name translated as Poodles As Pets, has now been shut down.

Bosses took advantage of the fact sheep are rare in Japan and most people do not know what they look like.

They advertised poodles online for £630 - half the price of the highly-desired puppies in Japan at £1,260.

A police spokesman said: "We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company were selling sheep as poodles."

O RLY?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by meridianday on 26-04-2007 at 15:39.
No new posts 26-04-2007 15:38 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

But wouldn't a lamb just make a cute little pet, anyhow? Wink Evilimu

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 26-04-2007 at 17:42.
No new posts 26-04-2007 17:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Or an even better dinner..... sorry I've been getting less sleep lately... Trolls the lambs eat them yourself....

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 27-04-2007 01:34 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

joecool hehe you gotta be stupid to think a lamb is a poodle even if you have never seen one before, its just blindingly obvious they aren't canines.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 27-04-2007 09:18 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Heehee...so they're worried about "the silence of the lambs" ?

I cannot imagine how the hooves wouln't give it away! Inverted1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 27-04-2007 09:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Apparently it's a hoax. It was just too funny to be true... Although it is said that meat is so expensive in Japan that they'd still have made a profit on their woolly little darlings.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 27-04-2007 11:41 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Heehee...so they're worried about "the silence of the lambs" ?

I cannot imagine how the hooves wouln't give it away! Inverted1

"Or the bleating." Passes mint sauce round.

No new posts 27-04-2007 12:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Lol LOL!! Rofl

I cant believe I MISSED this thread!!

thats just too damn hilarious...and Im talking of the responses, not just the actual supposed story!

Rofl

No new posts 30-04-2007 14:59 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

What will they think of next? Thinking a Pigeon is a sparow.

No new posts 30-04-2007 18:57 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: