Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Bullet
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bullet
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Bullet Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I bought the classic film Bullet on DVD and saw it last night whie having my tea. Damm good film, especially the car chase.

No new posts 10-03-2007 08:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes that car chase is perhaps the most famous of them all, simply because I believe it was the first of its kind.

Definitely a classic that still stands the test of time Smile

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 11-03-2007 22:51 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nah, the Italian Job's got the best chase. One of the few films where the remake was better than the original.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 12-03-2007 12:50 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

How the heck can the remake be better than the orginal. I sorry, I disagree, the remake is cack. It can't even get near the orginal.

With the remake, why call it the Italian Job, when it's in LA?

I will agree with the chase though. It's a comedy type car chase, making the Italian cops look silly but the chase in Bullet was a different type of chase.

No new posts 12-03-2007 20:24 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

I second the notion, the remake was pure rubbish.

No new posts 12-03-2007 23:44 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

I rather thought it was absolute fluff, with closure and a happy ending for the guys I was rooting for. I couldn't quite get into the original as much.

Didn't quite merit the title remake, though. Only similarities were bunch of guys wanting to get back at one who turned on them, and the car chase.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 13-03-2007 00:23 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Not quite Criket. They didn't use football fans to help out.

No new posts 13-03-2007 08:37 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

I think the only similar thing was the fact they used coloured mini coopers.

I'm not a big fan of Americanised remakes of classic British films.

Although the Lady killers wasn't a bad modern adaptation but it will never be as good as the Alec Guinness original.

No new posts 13-03-2007 10:12 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I never got round to seeing the remake of the Ladykillers. The original was an absolute classic.

Still think the Blues Brothers does rather well with its car chases.

I have to admit, I didn't rate the Italian Job remake. I think I didn't like the leading actor. He doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to be a lead. But it's not a remake, and I don't really understand why it's got the same name. If it wasn't called a remake, it could stand on its own merits.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 13-03-2007 12:10 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

They did the same thing with Planet Of The Apes, which had the same person as the Italian Job remake/not remake. Though, they kept the name Planet Of The Apes, they did a slightly different story tot he orgiinal, which is better than the recent one, thought the end was quite unexpected.

No new posts 15-03-2007 07:25 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: