Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Another Gatchaman Crowds Update
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Another Gatchaman Crowds Update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Another Gatchaman Crowds Update Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

The Gatchaman Crowds website has updated again. Aside from letting us know that the title for episode #10 is "Crowds," the site also now has information regarding both O.D and Utsu-tsu's G Suits. Yes, O.D's G Suit. Apparently O.D isn't so much the Gatchaman who can't transform as he is the Gatchaman who shouldn't transform, as will be made plain when you read the description of his G Suit's abilities. Utsu-tsu's G Suit is pretty much an extension of the abilities she has already demonstrated in the show. Anyway, here's what they have to say about both of their G Suits:

O.D's G Suit

NOTE Ability "NOTE of Collapse"
It can disintegrate any substance into the shape of sand. No living being exists in the universe that is safe from this ability. However, it's not possible to adjust this ability, and since it will cause significant damage to things beside the target, it is not dispatched for normal duty.

Features of the Suit
Its form is like that of a jet-black angel, releasing particles from its entire body that will collapse substances.

Utsu-tsu's G Suit

NOTE Ability "NOTE of Birth and Death"
From the left hand, she can share her life with others, healing their wounds. Alternatively, the right hand can take the life of an ally. Additionally, her own life can be divided to create multiples of herself.

Features of the Suit
The asymmetrical design of the right and left represent "Life and Death." In addition to using the ability of the huge arms growing from her head, they can also be used as wings.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 07-09-2013 at 05:09.
No new posts 07-09-2013 01:24 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you.

OD shops at the same boutique that my Dark Eldar friends do.

No new posts 07-09-2013 11:45 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ooh, very interesting! Thanks, James.

I'd been wondering why Paiman keeps insisting that O.D. must never "spread his wings." I'd also like to know, if O.D. is only half human, what sort of alien the other half is. And what his history with Katse is all about... He's turned out to be a much more interesting character than he seemed initially. That's true for Utsu-tsu too, especially once her powers were revealed. This explains what she was doing in the collapsed train tunnel when Joe asked her to touch him to thus be able to heal more injured people -she was draining life from him to give to others. Yikes. Granted, she's since returned the favour to him in a major way.

No new posts 10-09-2013 16:22 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

I'm not quite sure what to make of Gatchaman Crowds.

I've only caught the first two episodes though. I can say that I find Hajime both annoys the heck out of me and cracks me up....

No new posts 10-09-2013 21:57 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I have to agree that both O.D and Utsu-tsu have proven to be far more interesting characters than their inital description would lead you to expect. They've both been fleshed out. Of course, that same can be said for both Joe and Ryu -- their initial character descriptions made neither character sound all that interesting, but the way they were built up duirng the show made them both worthy characters.

With three episodes left to go, I wonder how and when we'll see either character transform into their G Suit?

And, Redbird, just so you'll know, the first two episodes of Gatchaman Crowds are the weakest of the series. It starts find more solid footing in episode #3, and gets better and better after that. Okay, the original series is still the better series, hands down, but Gatchaman Crowds is still proving well worth watching. And Hajime doesn't bother me as much now as she did in the early episodes, though I have to wonder if that's because they've improved their handling of her, or if I've just gotten used to her.

James

No new posts 10-09-2013 22:58 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the info James! Maybe I'll give Crowds another go....

No new posts 10-09-2013 23:24 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Yes...it definitely doesn't measure up to the original...I prefer just to call it just "Crowds"...but I like it...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-09-2013 23:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Hajime is a serious ditz, but her madness always makes sense.

The others follow the rules and don't question them. Hajime follows her own uncommon sense.

I like Crowds, its a shame its so short...12, whats wrong with the 24 ep series that seem to be the norm these days?

No new posts 11-09-2013 08:01 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I agree, Hajime's pushy ebullience takes some getting used to, but it's apparent now that she's quite what the team -largely a group of brooding introverts- needs to have, especially to fight an enemy that's manipulating social networking to wreak havoc: she really understands social dynamics in an intuitive way.

No new posts 11-09-2013 22:50 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu Hajime is a serious ditz, but her madness always makes sense.

I always break out in laughter whenever someone calls Hajime's name and she jumps up waving her hand....

No new posts 12-09-2013 00:27 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: