Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Gremlins
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gremlins
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Gremlins Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

A couple of weeks ago, my CD/cassette player broke out. Fair enough, you'll say, it was old (I mean, it had a CASSETTE player).

A few days ago, my internet connection broke down. I called the provider, and they said I had used up my monthly data allowance. Fair enough, you'll say, it's hard to see how I could've used it all up, but I watch a lot of Greek TV over the net, and apparently (which I didn't know) streaming uses up the same amount of data as dowloading.

At the same time when I was on the phone with the internet provider, my TV decoder broke down (in Belgium, all TV channels are cable and you need a decoder, which had been working JUST FINE until then). Fair enough, you'll say, surely you can get a new one. Yes, well, we'll try this tomorrow.

But WTF?????? (excuse my French).Confused1

No new posts 04-11-2012 18:46 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

sorry to hear of your electronic misfortunes Daniella... it never rains, but it pours eh?

Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

No new posts 04-11-2012 19:06 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Daniella, it sure does sound like you're going through an especially annoying spell! Fair's fair, but -- DAMN! -- that's more than anybody's fair share in a short time! Cussing

No new posts 04-11-2012 19:45 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

"Annoying" is the right word Smile

I know it's not a big thing, but it's just, well, annoying!

No new posts 04-11-2012 20:59 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Since bad luck tends to run in threes, hopefully this means your done. Hope everything gets sorted soon.

No new posts 04-11-2012 23:14 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

And since all of this bad stuff happened, you're due for some good luck now... right?

No new posts 05-11-2012 00:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I go through these phases where electronic stuff breaks all around me, so I feel for you. Sounds like a good time to go camp in a cave for a bit until the episode passes. Smile

No new posts 05-11-2012 03:24 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
And since all of this bad stuff happened, you're due for some good luck now... right?

I should play the Euromillions lottery! Smile

No new posts 05-11-2012 09:49 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I go through these phases where electronic stuff breaks all around me, so I feel for you. Sounds like a good time to go camp in a cave for a bit until the episode passes. Smile

Uh...can't find a cave in Brussels...I'll need the internet to do that...

No new posts 05-11-2012 09:50 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
Uh...can't find a cave in Brussels...I'll need the internet to do that...

ROFL 2 Maybe you could build a cave out of Brussels sprouts! ROFL 2

No new posts 05-11-2012 18:28 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So, TV back on, internet seems ok...plus I learnt how to check my monthly internet usage. The things you learn every day!

No new posts 05-11-2012 21:23 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Daniella, sorry to read about your electronic situations. And I am glad to see things are getting back to normal for you.

I have to admit I have no idea how to check my internet usage or even have any concept of how much I use in a month. I suspect it can not be much since I do not tend to stream tv or movies, like so many other people I know do. Of course, I tend to be technologically behind the times as I do not have the latest gadgets, like smart phones, tablets or GPS units.

No new posts 06-11-2012 02:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Daniella, I too am glad that everything is back to normal by the time I joined in and heard about your technological mishaps! It's funny how such items decide to crash all at one time, isn't it?!

This happens a lot of times to me, too, especially with kitchen appliances ... the things which I use most, and which function is indispensable! And, many a time the washing machine decides to join in, as does the car .... aargh!! Annoying? ... YES! ... most of all when there'd be a lot of undesired, extra expenses involved all at once, also!

No new posts 06-11-2012 09:16 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
This happens a lot of times to me, too, especially with kitchen appliances ... the things which I use most, and which function is indispensable! And, many a time the washing machine decides to join in, as does the car .... aargh!! Annoying? ... YES! ... most of all when there'd be a lot of undesired, extra expenses involved all at once, also!

And what's worse with kitchen appliances, they're too big to carry to the shop, like I carried my TV decoder! Having to call the plumber for the washing machine...my favourite activity...NOT!

No new posts 06-11-2012 12:57 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad everything is working again, Daniella! I don't even want to think about what my internet usage is! I'm just glad we have an unlimited plan, otherwise we'd be in deeeeeep trouble!

No new posts 06-11-2012 14:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, when I first subscribed to this provider, it said "unlimited" internet. It still does, but the small print says that after 500 Giga, you can get additional time for free. Except that, unless you follow it very closely, you don't know when you reach 500 Giga and you spent three or four frustrated hours trying to figure out what's wrong with the internet.

There's a lively discussion going on in Belgium -- as I discovered belatedly -- whether "unlimited" means "limited". But there's only so many fora I can follow online (Gatchamania, Gatchamania and Gatchamania), so I'm skipping that discussion!

No new posts 07-11-2012 12:08 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: