Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Update on Springie
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Update on Springie
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Update on Springie Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi guys! So sorry I haven't been around much! As most of you know, I moved from the East Coast to the West Coast recently. Needless to say, I have been a wee bit busy!

Things are settling down a bit now. I left teaching after 15 years and am now working for my brother as a graphic artist. (Imagine that! LOL) I love my new job- and I thought it was funny that I was working in a building owned by the Kondaur ( pronounced Condor) Corporation. We just moved to a new office and guess who it's owned by? The OWL company! My husband works there in the sales department. It's so nice to have lunch together without kids!

Here's a picture I took this morning on thew ay in to the new office!

My daughter is adjusting very well to her new school. She just had her birthday/slumber party and had 8 girls over! I am so happy that she made friends so quickly! However, my son (who has Asperger's Syndrome) is not adjusting well at all. I am struggling trying to make him do his work and stay in class at school. He has been very depressed/angry since we moved. We're hoping to get things straightened out for him once our new insurance kicks in.

I haven't been able to draw since we moved since my personal time has diminished significantly. My mom is staying with us (she has been here for a month) and won't be leaving for two more weeks. Although I've enjoyed having her and she has been a big help with the transition, I've had almost no time to myself.

You should start seeing the drawing pick up again from me in a couple of weeks! I've missed you guys!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 02-10-2012 at 01:07.
No new posts 02-10-2012 01:03 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Springie, thank you for the update. You have been missed.

Considering I have just started a new position in a new school, I know how busy things can be when you start something new, so when you have the time I look forward to seeing you return with some new art work.

I had a nice chuckle at the Gatch connection you now have with your move to the West Coast and your new job. Animeparty

No new posts 02-10-2012 01:52 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Springie, it's great to hear you're settling in so well! I'm sure once your son gets used to the new environs, he'll settle down too. A move is hard on everyone and for someone with any type of Autism it's harder still to break the routine. I have my fingers and toes it will happen soon, though!

Like, Cloud, I had to laugh at your workplace - I don't think it could be more obvious that you were meant to make this move, huh? Soon you'll be telling us about Swan's Coffee Joint, just down the road, and The Swallow's Nest Petting Zoo - and don't forget Eagle's Point where you can see for miles!! Wink3

No new posts 02-10-2012 02:12 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I did pass Swan Pools on the way there! Winknudge

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-10-2012 03:53 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

So glad things are working out for you, Springie. Moving house is stressful for everybody, and I'm sure your son will settle down soon, he just needs extra time and patience.

No new posts 02-10-2012 06:58 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Echoing the words of all the others, I too am so glad to hear that you're settling down, Springie! I so hope that things would also soon be the same for your son, too! You'll see ... once things would return to a normal routine, this will happen sooner than you think!Huggles

I can imagine how much of a lesser time you're having for yourself, and even though I'd love to see more of your art, please take your time to be more at ease! I also hear you when you're saying how much it's nice to be able to have lunch with your husband, at the same workplace! I so miss those times when I have had that same opportunity, too!

Funny how you've found so many Gatchaman connections through your change! As Green said, this move must have been written for you in your destiny!! Moreover, these tiny connotations could help you feel more at home!

The best of luck .... you're missed!Huggles

No new posts 02-10-2012 07:58 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Good to hear from you, Springie. Glad to hear things are (mostly) going well. Big hugs to your son. Your new job sounds like fun! Tell us more about it when you have time. In the meantime, keep looking for Gatch connections - the Eagle & Swallow must be lurking around there somewhere. Wink

No new posts 02-10-2012 11:00 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Hi Springie! Wave2
Glad to see that things are slowly working out, and, while you didn't have much time to follow Gatch stuff, Gatch stuff was following you! So you know you're not alone!

No new posts 02-10-2012 11:49 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Hey Springie, sounds like you have an incredible amount on your plate right now, and I am sure things will settle out in time...change is hard on everyone, and for kids with special needs I am sure it is doubly so and worrisome for you.

All in all though it sounds like things are working out quite well though and it made me smile to see all the 'birdie,' connections.

No new posts 02-10-2012 13:14 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Springie I'm so glad you were able to update us! It sounds like most of your move went well, and I hope things with your son improve soon. I know that you are a caring, loving Mom who will do what is best for him, no matter the circumstances. Huggles

And how great is it that you're in graphic design? I can see you having a blast all day tooling around on Photoshop... Wink

I know the Eagle is luring around there somewhere... and if you saw the Swan, the Swallow can't be far behind! He might be hanging out back of your company with the Owl too.

No new posts 02-10-2012 13:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Springie, glad to hear that you are settling in.

I wish I knew of resources in your area to help you, help your son. Right now, the best advice I can give, might be one you've already gotten and that is contact your local Regional Center. They can help with a multitude of services, even medical until your insurance kicks in.

Up here, they provided a service for my oldest with a company called CASE Comprehensive Austism Services and Education. I'm not sure if it is in your area or not, but they provided one and one therapy and small groups call Friends Club. If they are in your area or a company like them, they might be able to help ease the adjustment.

No new posts 02-10-2012 15:12 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

So glad to hear from you, Springie! Maybe you can talk the family into giving you a sanity evening to yourself. It's in their best interests to keep mom from snapping! Smile

No new posts 02-10-2012 22:31 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

It's wonderful to hear that things are going so well for you, Springie! New places and jobs and schools are scary, but you guys seem to be handling things well and hopefully, your son will too in time, once things stop feeling "new."

And you definitely seem to have the team looking out for you -- those are great connections!

No new posts 02-10-2012 23:06 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: