Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Fic hunt..
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fic hunt..
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Fic hunt.. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Can anyone help me find a fic please...

I'm sure it's a BotP fic told from Princess's POV, but can't remember the title or author.

What I can remember is that Jason can swear in many different languages, and teaches Princess to say something totally offensive in Russian.

Don't ask why I'm trying to find it, it just popped into my head and refuses to budge, and now is starting to bug me!!!

for the sake of my sanity, please help!

No new posts 30-05-2012 23:33 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I vaguely remember Jason swearing in many languages, but not what fic, KT. I think it was posted recently.

No new posts 31-05-2012 00:59 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nope, this one's an oldie but goodie: Apple Tree by Terri.

http://gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=26

No new posts 31-05-2012 01:05 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I vaguely remember Jason swearing in many languages, but not what fic, KT. I think it was posted recently.

Although you make a good point, Becky. I think there are a number of fics with Jason having fluency in multi-lingual profanity!

No new posts 31-05-2012 01:09 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Sounds familiar, but I just can't place it! I wonder if it is that same one I can't find...the one where Princess (or it may be Jun) goes to stay at some vacation place by herself ( I believe that it was Jason/ Joe's Uncle's place?)...and Jason (or Joe?) surprises her and joins her at the place...he shows up while she is laying on a hammock, I think. Anyway, he takes her around and shows her an Italian restaurant or something like that...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 31-05-2012 at 01:28.
No new posts 31-05-2012 01:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Sounds familiar, but I just can't place it! I wonder if it is that same one I can't find...the one where Princess (or it may be Jun) goes to stay at some vacation place by herself ( I believe that it was Jason/ Joe's Uncle's place?)...and Jason (or Joe?) surprises her and joins her at the place...he shows up while she is laying on a hammock, I think. Anyway, he takes her around and shows her an Italian restaurant or something like that...

Nope, it's the other way around. Jun shows up and surprises Joe in the hammock. IIRC, it was inspired by that fanart of Joe lying in a hammock...

No new posts 31-05-2012 13:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Jumping That's the one!! Thank you Jublke Jumping

No new posts 31-05-2012 16:11 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
Jumping That's the one!! Thank you Jublke Jumping

You're welcome! Smile Glad to know all of my reading came in handy.

No new posts 31-05-2012 19:38 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

There was a fic with Jason and Princess. The team was on vacation separately and Jason was using the house of a fellow racer in Sicily, I believe. Princess joined him (he was in a hammock relaxing when she showed up) and they ended up having sex. I won't tell the rest. I believe it was by Alison. Gotta go look.

No new posts 31-05-2012 22:54 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

hee hee hee post a link when you find it please Becky? I think I'd like to have a gander at that one too. Tongue

No new posts 31-05-2012 23:02 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

There was a fic with Jason and Princess. The team was on vacation separately and Jason was using the house of a fellow racer in Sicily, I believe. Princess joined him (he was in a hammock relaxing when she showed up) and they ended up having sex. I won't tell the rest. I believe it was by Alison. Gotta go look.

Becky, I think that's the one!!! I read it so long ago...when I first joined the fandom! It stuck with me, though! Please let me know when/if you find it! I'd love to read it again!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-06-2012 00:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I haven't found it in Gatchfanfic. I know I have it printed in a pile of a hundred or so fics, so I have to go look for it. I can't remember the name.

There were actually two. The one KT is looking for is the first.

No new posts 01-06-2012 21:23 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I finally found it!

There are two fics by Allison Bailey Laronge: Ideal Time and Going Onward. Ideal Time is the one you were looking for, KT.

Neither is in Gatchfanfic and I'm not finding them anywhere on the internet.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 03-06-2012 at 19:37.
No new posts 03-06-2012 19:31 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Becky, hope it will turn up sometime in the future, I really think there is a new audience for all those older fics that might still be out there.

No new posts 03-06-2012 20:23 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I was able to find "Ideal Time" here:

http://www2.ouk.edu.tw/wester/gatchaman/...lison/index.htm

However, it has a line-by-line translation into Chinese. But, I guess one can just ignore that part and read only the English.

This site seems to be based on the previous Gatchaman Archives (the site before it moved to the current one, in 2007) with some of the fics translated.

http://www2.ouk.edu.tw/wester/gatchaman/...tting/index.htm

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 03-06-2012 at 21:01.
No new posts 03-06-2012 21:00 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There are other older fics that I really liked that aren't out there anymore. Some were on the old Gatchfanfic site and I know of at least one author who asked to have his/her fics removed, for whatever reason.

One of them was a series called Phoenix Rising in BotP. In it, the team was all grown from designed embryos specifically for the war and numbered 10-12 originally. Some of the children died of genetic complications as babies. Mark wasn't the original leader. The original leader was a boy named Chris and his code name was Phoenix. He and Jason were an item, although Jason was also portrayed as being afer women, too.

I got the impression the series wasn't finished- it only included the first battle (not the Terapin). I believe Chris would have died in an early battle and the warship named after him, as it hadn't been built yet.

No new posts 03-06-2012 21:01 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

One of them was a series called Phoenix Rising in BotP. In it, the team was all grown from designed embryos specifically for the war and numbered 10-12 originally. Some of the children died of genetic complications as babies. Mark wasn't the original leader. The original leader was a boy named Chris and his code name was Phoenix. He and Jason were an item, although Jason was also portrayed as being afer women, too.

I got the impression the series wasn't finished- it only included the first battle (not the Terapin). I believe Chris would have died in an early battle and the warship named after him, as it hadn't been built yet.

I remember that series! The author was "Imajiru." Yeah, I just searched and it doesn't seem to be out there anywhere anymore...

No new posts 03-06-2012 21:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gotta love the wayback machine -the series still exists!

http://web.archive.org/web/2004060301200...botp/index.html

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 03-06-2012 at 21:16.
No new posts 03-06-2012 21:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
This site seems to be based on the previous Gatchaman Archives (the site before it moved to the current one, in 2007) with some of the fics translated.

http://www2.ouk.edu.tw/wester/gatchaman/...tting/index.htm

You are faster than me LB, I was on the hunt for that link. I thought I had it stored somewhere, but I guess after all my files had been erased I had lost it. Thank you for the new link. There are a couple of stories here that are not listed over a t the current Archives that I still enjoy reading.

The Phoenix Rising story was one I had read and located at another site I believe.

No new posts 03-06-2012 21:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Ideal Time!! That's the one!!! Thanks so much for finding it!!

No new posts 03-06-2012 21:58 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: