Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » I feel sorry for Barbara Goodson.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I feel sorry for Barbara Goodson.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
I feel sorry for Barbara Goodson. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

She's a very talented VA, and I recently became friends with her on Facebook, and all the other people she's friends with on there that are voice actors/actresses, all they ever talk about is her involvement with Power Rangers which really makes me sad if that's what she's going to be most remembered for. And it wasn't just FB, it was other places too. I've never seen anyone say to her "Hey! You played Marie Crystal and Sera in Robotech!" (and her characters in RT should be the roles she's best known for) or "Hey! You played Doris in Vampire Hunter D!" or "You played Aggie and Pee Wee in G-Force!" or "You played Apple in Zillion!". I feel so sorry that that's what she's most remembered for, because the other characters she's played such as the ones I mentioned are far better performances in my book. And to show my strong support for her other work, I tagged her in all the pics I have of Jun The Swan on my FB page, and also as a reminder that she has had a history with our favorite birds. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 27-07-2010 at 16:43.
No new posts 27-07-2010 16:42 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Unfortunately, with most actors (including VA's) they tend to be come known best for one role or action.

Look at Tom Cruise - he's a huge body fo work behind him, yet he's best known for the "couch incident" and Risky Business!

Most actors appreciate their fans, and they do (according to actor friends I have) love it when people know some of the other less-known roles they have been in (except when said role was a disaster!!).

Sometimes, the actor themselves tries to bury some roles - because they didn't like their performance, or it doesn't fit their image... Soemtimes their Agent promotes certain roles to try to get similar ones offered.

Don't feel sorry for her - just celebrate the diverse roles's she's undertaken!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 27-07-2010 20:13 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

She commented on my AMV and on the Zillion pic I uploaded to one of my photo albums. Good to see she hasn't forgotten her involvement with either of those two shows. Especially Gatch.

No new posts 28-07-2010 20:20 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Dirk Daring

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That sounds cool! So, what did she have to say about her work on "G-Force"?

She and Cam "Dirk Daring"Clarke (who's a VA legend in his own right) were the star players of the very small "G-Force' voice cast. Barbara herself played G-3 & G-4, along with most, if not all female and children roles throughout the 85 episodes; civilians, one shot characters, hell even Onna Taicho and the Devil Star........she did them all! Goes to show not only how versatile she is, but how short-budgeted production on "G-Force" was. The aforementioned Cam Clarke, as well as Jan Rabson and Gregg Berger (the latter two whom shared VA duties for G-5, Computor/Sosai X and Brighthead/Nambu depending on episode) also voiced additional male characters here and there.

Strangely, the "G-Force" VA's aren't credited at all during the closing credits, which I believe indicates that it was what's called a "non-union" dub. The closing credits are pretty sparse themselves, compared to the Gatch and BotP credits, which means that either the GoS production team was that short, or that several people went uncredited. According to music producer Dean Andre (who's credited), the late Norm Prescott (co-founder of the defunct Filmation animation studio) worked as co-producer on "G-Force".

Still so much about the show's production that I'd like to learn about! I'm tried to contact Sam Fontana (Ace) before to read his comments on his work as the main protagonist of the show, but never got a word back from him and/or the talent agency that represents him. Perhaps I should try Jan Rabson next. Bill Capizzi (Galactor) unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago.

No new posts 30-07-2010 00:20
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

She didn't really say much. When she commented on my AMV, she just said "memohhhreezz". And when I tagged her in my pics of Jun, she said she remembered her, but she didn't comment on them. She just posted the comment as a status message, and I didn't know what she was talking about, and she mentioned who the character was and what show she was from, and I told her I knew but that Gatchaman was still Gatchaman, and she said "Of course!"

No new posts 30-07-2010 00:48 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Update:While the forum was undergoing it's downtime (I don't remember the exact day), but when I told her that she was my favorite voice actress for Jun (despite my favorite version of the show being the ADV Films version), she said she enjoyed playing Aggie and Peewee and thanked me for the compliments. I don't think she's ever heard of BOTP though, which is kind of sad. Jan Robson has an FB page too.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 09-08-2010 at 15:47.
No new posts 09-08-2010 13:57 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Dirk Daring

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

She was a relative newcomer to the VA business when she did GoS, and BotP was already a few years ago by that time, so I don't blame her for not remembering. What I'm still wondering is why they went uncredited. Most of the anime at the time, such as "Voltron" and "Robotech", even BotP before all of them, credited it's voice actors.

No new posts 10-08-2010 20:48
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: