Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » I, Robot
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I, Robot
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CondorRTB CondorRTB is a Male

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2002

spacer
I, Robot Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

this movie was a good. some parts i was a little unclear on though because i haven't read the novel. will smith did a good job and there was lots of action and the way they did the robots was excellent.

No new posts 19-07-2004 14:34 CondorRTB is offline Send an Email to CondorRTB Search for Posts by CondorRTB Add CondorRTB to your Buddy List Add CondorRTB to your Contact List AIM Screenname: ClutchRTB YIM Screenname: rbaileysth
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Do yourself a very big favour and read the original!!!

I haven't seen the movie, but based on the trailer, the only thing they kept was the name. I reread the book last month.

(Yes, I'll see the movie, but it's not Asimov's I Robot.)

Asmiov wrote the book because he was tired of the "robots run amuck" story. Hence, the three rules, which truly are inviolate. The stories are about how, even with those rules, there can be problems -- intellectual ones, and even some violent ones. They're detective and psychological and trouble-shooting stories, not action.

So, please, do read the book as well.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 19-07-2004 15:10 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

well movie must have been just as good, as both son and hubby gave it the thumbs up, <tho I think they were razzled dazzled by the special effects!>

No new posts 08-08-2004 15:03 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Finally reread the book a few weeks ago. And, it didn't have a plot.

It was ?nine? short stories, in chronological order. And they were spread out over several decades -- from the very start of robotics to something that could become very dystopian in another decade, if Asimov were that type of author

The book's now old enough that it's not "that's not right for this year", but rather "what an imagination he had back then".

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 15-08-2004 23:00 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: