Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Thunderbirds
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Thunderbirds
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Thunderbirds Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just been shocked by an item on Ananova which said that Thunderbirds has shot straight to No 1! And then faintly relieved to discover it's the theme tune by a bouncy boy band, which isn't a surprise at all.

But, are any of you planning to see it or not? Or have any of you actually seen it already?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 01-08-2004 21:14 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't particularly want to see it but if it comes on the tele in a few years time I might give it a look.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 02-08-2004 09:11 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yep, I shall probably watch it when it comes on TV, but I doubt I'll be making a trip to the cinema this summer for it.

I was talking to a guy on Saturday who was complaining that they'd changed all the machines in the film and that he was upset because of that. Like Rolls Royce having nothing to do with the new FAB 1 and the new Thunderbird 2 not looking as if it could fly (looks about as flightworthy as the original to me, in fact I think they've been quite acceptably loyal to the original machine designs). But he didn't see anything odd about the original International Rescue being all astronauts and having years of experience at handling flying things, and the organisation now being made up of a bunch of university aged kids instead... I hadn't heard that viewpoint before.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 02-08-2004 17:35 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

I'm on a ThunderBirds writing group, along with Sam and Lyon.

Don't get Sam started on the ThunderBirds movie. She's been vewy, vewy quiet so far, but if her thoughts mirror the rest of that group ...

The original was state-of-the-art for its time, slightly campy (although some would disagree with me), and, given some scientific advancements, realistic. As in, you did not have a 12-year-old flying an advanced ship in bad weather, solo.

From what I've heard about the movie, they've made the Tracy boys too young to have the experience they need for the job. They've abused the characters -- taken a mild stutter and turned it into Porky Pig; taken a high-born English lady, very upper-crust and cool, with unspecified but very real espionage experience, and turned her into a sex-object.

At least they aren't saying, "But, but, where are all the old fans." At least, not yet.

Cricket

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 15-08-2004 22:54 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: