Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Live action Space Battleship Yamato movie coming out in Japan
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Live action Space Battleship Yamato movie coming out in Japan
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Live action Space Battleship Yamato movie coming out in Japan Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It actually looks pretty amazing, unlike that god awful live action version of Speed Racer the Wachowski Brothers made, and if it ever gets made that live action Robotech movie with Tobey Maguire as Rick, which I'm certain will be an absolute disaster and am hoping will get canned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPoNTjwPb5w

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 04-05-2010 at 18:52.
No new posts 04-05-2010 18:51 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I remember it as Starblazers, but the trailer does look like it should be a decent film.

The sets greatly resemble my memories of the titular spaceship, also. Even the engine room.

So, will the Gamilons be blue in this movie? (They had started the series normally-hued, but turned blue by the third episode.) Will they even be in the movie?

No new posts 04-05-2010 22:04 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Since they were blue for the majority of the first series, as well as the entire second and third series, not to mention the 4 feature films and the TV special, I would suspect that they'd be blue in the movie. Heck, even the Gamilons who were only seen as caucasians in the TV series are regularly given blue skin in modern renditions of those characters, such as in video games and pachinko games.

James

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 05-05-2010 at 02:10.
No new posts 04-05-2010 22:37 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I vaguely remember the anime, but haven't seen it since I was a teenager. I like the trailer.

No new posts 05-05-2010 01:41 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I also remember it as "Starblazers". I remember loving the show even it's a long time now since I've watched it. From the trailer it seems that it could be a very good movie. Just watching that bit made me recall past times ... it does resemble what I'm familiar with. Thanks for the link, Allen!

No new posts 05-05-2010 06:01 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

Since they were blue for the majority of the first series, as well as the entire second and third series, not to mention the 4 feature films and the TV special, I would suspect that they'd be blue in the movie. Heck, even the Gamilons who were only seen as caucasians in the TV series are regularly given blue skin in modern renditions of those characters, such as in video games and pachinko games.

James

I had no idea they had done that much with it.

You should have a site. You'd clean up.

Bowdown 2 Bowdown

No new posts 05-05-2010 22:28 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: