Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Gatch translations
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatch translations
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer
Question Gatch translations Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,
I wonder about a full list of all Gatch translations (I mean all BOTP, GoS and ER translations from English to another languages too). Is it anywhere? If it isn`t, may be we should compose it?
It`s interesting to find out about titles, base versions, original run, channels, subs or dubs, ect.

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 23-04-2010 22:50 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I know that the Home of the White Shadow has a table of all the versions and character names, etc., here

I don't know if there is a similar table showing the different language variations.

Could be interesting to see though!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 23-04-2010 22:57 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
...a similar table showing the different language variations.

So, let`s create it! Square

No new posts 23-04-2010 23:07 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

As far as translating Gatchaman II and F to English, there are small Gatchaman II episode summaries out there, and Daniela ahs translated a few Gatch II and F scripts from Italian into English.

Translating into other languages... I would say that I'm ignorant of that, not having searched for other languages myself.

No new posts 23-04-2010 23:08 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I think G-Force GOS was translated into Spanish as "Feurza G," and there's a French version of the 1978 Gatchaman "movie." I think Battle of the Planets was aired in French and Dutch.

I think I've seen clips of G-Force GOS in Russian on youtube (posted by you, Yul?).

It really would be interesting to try to create a chart of all the official (and unofficial) translations of Gatch and its various incarnations.

No new posts 24-04-2010 16:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Well, here are some of the countries where the various shows were released:

Gatchaman:

Canada
Hong Kong
Italy
Japan
Malta
South Korea
Taiwan
United States

Gatchaman II:

Hong Kong
Italy
Japan
Malta
South Korea
Taiwan

Gatchaman Fighter:

Hong Kong
Italy
Japan
Malta
Japan
South Korea
Taiwan

Battle of the Planets:

Algeria
Argentina
Australia
Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belgium
Bolivia
Canada
Chile
Columbia
Costa Rica
Cyprus
Dominican Republic
Dubai
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
France
Gabon
Gibralter
Guatemala
Holland
Honduras
Hong Kong
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Ivory Coast
Jamaica
Kenya
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Malta
Mauritius
Mexico
Namibia
Netherland
New Zealand
Nicarague
Panama
Paraguay
Phillipines
Poland
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
Spain
Swaziland
Switzerland
Trinidad
Tunisia
United Kingdom
United States
Venezuela

G-Force:

Argentina
Australia
Barbados
Bolivia
Brazil
Canada
Chile
Columbia
Czech Republic
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
El Salvador
Greece
Guatemala
Honduras
Hong Kong
Indonesia
Israel
Jamaica
Malaysia
Mexico
New Zealand
Panama
Peru
Phillipines
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Spain
Russia
South Africa
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States
Venezuela

Eagle Riders:

Australia
Canada
France
Holland
Italy
New Zealand
Poland
United Kingdom
United States

Eagle Five Brothers:
(Redone version of Gatchaman II with new footage added)

South Korea
Spain (Probably only on Home Video)

Gatchaman Movie:

Belgium
France
Hong Kong
Japan
Taiwan

OAVs:

Canada
France
Hong Kong
Italy
Japan
Taiwan
United States

Radio Drama:

Japan

I don't guarantee that this list is complete, in particular for the OAVs and Eagle Riders, but it should give you some idea of how many places the shows were seen.

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 24-04-2010 at 18:59.
No new posts 24-04-2010 18:25 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

That's quite a long, awesome list! ... longer than I've ever expected! Thanks for this enlightenment, James!

No new posts 24-04-2010 18:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

How did I know that James would have all the answers to our questions? Bowdown

No new posts 24-04-2010 19:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The list is much longer than I supposed! Cool!

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I think I've seen clips of G-Force GOS in Russian on youtube (posted by you, Yul?)

Yep. Russian title of GoS is pronounced as "Otryad Galaktika: Hraniteli Kosmosa". The series was first shown in 1997 (but not sure) and have Russian dubbing over English track (examples).
Character`s names weren`t translated, so they are the same ones.

Also they say that this version was shown in Ukraine.

No new posts 24-04-2010 19:52 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: