Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » BOTP-izing
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP-izing
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
BOTP-izing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Someone in one of the Episode of the Week threads suggested we BOTP-ize the unused Gatchaman episodes.

That sounds like it could be some fun. Especially the ones that are really hard to gloss over (the flogging scene in 'The Mysterious Red Sand' comes to mind).

Then suggest where in the BOTP order it could fit.

How about it?

And, if anyone wants to, revamp a BOTP episode to either make more sense, or make Zark less --- Zarky.

Now I'd better go and complete my list, so that I know which episodes are missing.

No new posts 20-10-2009 14:22 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I like this idea! But have to go and watch BotP in the production order, first.

I think this is a complete list of the Gatch episodes that weren't made into BotP for one reason or another:

13. Mystery of the Red Sand
19. Hell’s Speed Race
20. A Critical Moment for the SNT
28. The Invisible Demon
29. Gallack X, Demon Man
34. Evil Aurora Operation
38. Mysterious Mechanical Jungle
50. Trachodon, Dinosaur Skeleton
56. Bitter Bird Missile
64. The Deadly Christmas Present
66. Devil’s Fashion Show
78. Deadly Danger! 10,000 Meters Beneath the Sea
81. Duel on Galactor Island
82. Aim for the Crescent Coral Reef
85. That Guy is G-4
94. Electric Devil Beast Angler
102. Reverse! Checkmate X
103. G-2 Risks Death
104. Evil Great Black Hole Operation
105. Earth Vanishes! 0002

I know this is easy to find, but if we get serious about this it's nice to have them close by and isolated.

No new posts 20-10-2009 19:06 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Catherine suggested a challenge 2-3 years ago in the Yahoo group to rewrite a BotP episode to have it make more sense. She did Magnetic Attraction and did a fantastic job.

There are also plenty of deleted scenes from BotP that were replaced with Zark footage that could be added back in.

I love this challenge but barely have time to finish what I've already started.

I will plug one of my fics over in Gatchfanfic - What Any Of Us Would Have Done. Its a retelling of the infamous puppy episode, but with the OAV Joe and Jason and sans the puppy.

No new posts 20-10-2009 19:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Becky do you have a link to the thread in the Yahoo group? I looked for that challenge but couldn't find it in the files or anything.

No new posts 20-10-2009 20:27 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The challenge is over at Gatchfanfic.

I had made up a list (I see some interesting differences in the translations of the titles), but couldn't get it posted before visiting Mom in the hospital (she had surgery, and she's fine, thank you for asking).

I just thought it might be fun to stretch our fic muscles.

No new posts 20-10-2009 21:55 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

It sounds interesting...I could see ahhh Mark ahhh not approving of a flogging and Zarks converters going into overdrive...

Now the time to actually fit it in...mmmm

I've woven a plot through eps in the series but never done a re-write.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 20-10-2009 at 23:52.
No new posts 20-10-2009 23:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Heh heh.... You say "BOTP" and I come a running...

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with...

As soon as I figure out a way to get some time in for fic writing again, I have my own BotP project to get started.... well, okay, it's started... but I need to get it going.

so bring it on, guys.... You've got me all excited here!!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 21-10-2009 00:03 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter

I had made up a list (I see some interesting differences in the translations of the titles), but couldn't get it posted before visiting Mom in the hospital (she had surgery, and she's fine, thank you for asking).

Glad to hear your mother is doing well.

No new posts 21-10-2009 01:06 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I'll surely enjoy seeing what all of you can come up with, here!

Apart from not having so much time at hand these days, I think I'm not capable to meet such a challenge owing to the fact that I'm not so used to BOTP having almost always watched Gatchaman, Gatch II and Gatch F. I will just sit back and enjoy, knowing that I can have some good reads from many talented persons! Popcorn1

UW, I too am glad that your mother is fine now.

No new posts 21-10-2009 09:31 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I shall leave it to the warped minds to come up with a BOTP of the episode revealing Katse's dual nature. (Of course, they don't actually SHOW very much, so I'm sure something suitably silly can be substituted, much as the Sandy Frank people rewrote the Snake 828 episode.)

Where shall we post them? Gatchfanfic, or ff dot net?

No new posts 21-10-2009 11:04 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I think the writers who come up with something can decide where to post it.

No new posts 21-10-2009 14:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Sorry for superseding you with the list. I used the titles that Wendy has on her site (It's the place I usually go for episode and character references); I'm not sure, but I think there may be subtle differences between the titles in the subtitled versions and the dubbed or perhaps she did her own translation, not wanting to rely on ADV.

Glad to hear your mom is doing well.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by amethyst on 21-10-2009 at 16:28.
No new posts 21-10-2009 16:27 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I think there may be subtle differences between the titles in the subtitled versions and the dubbed or perhaps she did her own translation, not wanting to rely on ADV.

Or her work predating anything by ADV, which would be more the case in that circumstance.

James

No new posts 21-10-2009 16:43 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I really think this would be a lot of fun, and so many episodes to choose from on the list...

I have to finish my current WIP though, (and I intend to in the next week or so) and then we shall see...

No new posts 21-10-2009 17:28 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I did it! I did 'The Mysterious Red Sand' as a BOTP script (whose writer is no longer quite happy with his job). It's over at ff dot net.

Y'know, if you edit certain scenes the right way, and ignore the whip in the others....

No new posts 22-10-2009 15:15 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

In accordance with local custom, I shall now attempt a link to Gatchfanfic.

www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=955

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by UnpublishedWriter on 29-10-2009 at 16:15.
No new posts 29-10-2009 11:35 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I look forward to finding time to read this UW to see your take on this eps.

No new posts 29-10-2009 11:47 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Looks great, UW! thumbsup2

No new posts 29-10-2009 12:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
In accordance with local custom, I shall now attempt a link to Gatchfanfic.

www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=955

Cool!

One thing I've learned about posting links here, sometimes the closing "[/URL]" ends up in the wrong position in the link's address, and so you have to edit the post (so that the URL symbols become visible) and then cut and paste the "[/URL] into the correct position at the end.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 29-10-2009 at 13:19.
No new posts 29-10-2009 13:18 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I just corrected it.

I even took TJ's suggestion (made in her ff dot net review) when I posted it at Gatchfanfic, and gave the red sand the applied phlebotinum name of 'seherium.'

(Really, go to tvtropes dot org. You will have a lot of fun looking for Gatch references under some of the tropes. No surprise that Ken is under the 'Chaste Hero' trope, or Joe in the 'Troubled but cute' entry. Even the big red button that fires the Bird Missiles appears -- under the trope labeled 'Big Red Button'. You should sign in, because the entries contain spoilers for things you might not watch, or explanations for things that left you wondering 'WTF?' when you did watch. And it's a lot of fun to browse through. That's where I found out about yaoi and yuri. Don't those sound like character names? 'Yaoi and Yuri' could be a series. Okay, I should really go lie down in a dark room with a cool, damp towel over my face.)

No new posts 29-10-2009 16:23 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: