Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Eagle Week: Alternate Love Interests
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Eagle Week: Alternate Love Interests
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Eagle Week: Alternate Love Interests Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This week, we're going to be pulling apart the Eagle's love interests. Of course, we all know he is really in love with the Swan (okay, I think you could make an argument that Hunter isn't that interested in Kelly in ER) but since they've never properly gotten together in canon, there have been a few other women for our Eagle.

Of course, you all probably remember Rumi from Gatch I:

In Eagle Riders, Hunter had an ex-girlfriend with whom he was still deeply in love. Her name was Lisa and she bore an amazing resemblance to Kelly. However this was only in ER. In Gatch II, Ken had no interest in Lisa romantically and she was just a friend.

Also in Gatch II, an island girl named Yuka was the object of Ryu's affection, but she had an interest in the Eagle. Here she is showing a surprised Gatchaman what she wants from him.

Ryu and Jun happened to see, and this is their reaction:

And of course, the most infamous of Ken's (non-Swan) love interests: Kena. Yes, her name is 'Ken' with an 'a' at the end. Ken lost his memory and identity, and fell in love with Kena during that time. He was heartbroken but had to leave her once he regained his memory, because as we know, duty is paramount to the Eagle.

My screenshots come from ER, so I don't have the most incriminating shots of Ken and Kena sleeping together (this was apparently too racy for Saban to include in the episode). Perhaps someone (James, Reboekah...) could share?

Any other Eagle love interests I have forgotten?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 09-02-2009 at 15:04.
No new posts 09-02-2009 15:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The Eagle does get around...

Thanks for putting this together, TJ!

I can't really blame women for throwing themselves at him!

About Lisa in that Gatch II ep, when she says "after we broke up four years ago" to Ken when they're standing on the balcony at the party -I've always assumed she was referring to some kind of past relationship between herself and Ken, which ended when he had to leave the Flight Academy to go be Gatchaman...

Of course, she could have been referring to the "break up" of their friendship, though.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 09-02-2009 at 15:16.
No new posts 09-02-2009 15:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
About Lisa in that Gatch II ep, when she says "after we broke up four years ago" to Ken when they're standing on the balcony at the party -I've always assumed she was referring to some kind of past relationship between herself and Ken, which ended when he had to leave the Flight Academy to go be Gatchaman...

I think we need an expert opinion on this one.... hello..... Wink

No new posts 09-02-2009 15:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:

It's all Nambu's fault he he he... Elfsmile1

No new posts 09-02-2009 16:14 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oops! It was Ken, not Lisa, with the subbed line "after we broke up four years ago." I'm curious now to know what the Japanese dialogue is here, and if there's a better translation. I guess my main reason for assuming that there'd been something between Ken and Lisa was the way that Carl acts all jealous of Ken... like a guy who knows he was actually Lisa's second, not first, choice, and the way Lisa keeps staring at Ken with this sad, regretful expression...

Of course, this could just be my imagination at work!

No new posts 09-02-2009 18:00 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Kena?

I think I can come up with something... Wink

No new posts 10-02-2009 01:14 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, Boeke! I knew you could find something! Big Grin Thanks

No new posts 10-02-2009 01:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You're welcome...

As to other love interests - I can think of three "in passing" interests - more on the part of the lady than Ken - from Fighter.

Here are pics of the ladies in question... though I don't have names... After that - well, I can't find any other interested parties, except Jun...
James can probably correct my misconceptions...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Reboekah on 10-02-2009 at 01:32.
No new posts 10-02-2009 01:31 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Don't forget me!!

OOPS! I'm not canon, am I? LOL

j/k

Fabulous pics! Although we all know he belongs with the Swan! Teehee...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-02-2009 01:41 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmm, it seems like brunettes (and one red head!) are having all the fun here with the Eagle.

(Oh, that's right -in Gatchdom blondes are either evil or only interested in Joe, so they can die tragically...) Laugh1

No new posts 10-02-2009 02:09 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Yep. We blondes have a poor lot in Gatch life... sigh....

At least, I can aspire to be Eva Douglas and wear a Swan costume... or perhaps Kathy, who caught the interest of Joe before she killed herself to save him... Wink

(Pssst.... in case you haven't guessed, Condor Love Interests are next week, so you can start compiling pics to post, LB!)

No new posts 10-02-2009 02:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Of course the eagle should be with the swan! I don't think the brunettes fair any better since they end up getting rejected.

No new posts 10-02-2009 03:55 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What about Dr. Pandora? Laugh2 She got to play damsel-in-distress for the Eagle at least once...

(images from TJ's ER site)

No new posts 10-02-2009 15:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
What about Dr. Pandora? Laugh2 She got to play damsel-in-distress for the Eagle at least once...

(images from TJ's ER site)

That's true! From what I've seen on ER all the guys showed an interest in the Doctor when they met her.

No new posts 10-02-2009 20:00 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

(Pssst.... in case you haven't guessed, Condor Love Interests are next week, so you can start compiling pics to post, LB!)

WHOO HOO! woohoo

No new posts 10-02-2009 20:01 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

You're right, of course, LB! But then, all of the guys were interested when they first met Pandora. Do you want to include her in Eagle, Condor, Swallow and Owl weeks? Wink

No new posts 10-02-2009 23:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
You're right, of course, LB! But then, all of the guys were interested when they first met Pandora. Do you want to include her in Eagle, Condor, Swallow and Owl weeks? Wink

Well, considering that she ends up dead, she should definitely fit right in with next week's theme!

No new posts 11-02-2009 00:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
As to other love interests - I can think of three "in passing" interests - more on the part of the lady than Ken - from Fighter.

Actually, none of those girls expressed an interest in Ken (Or any of the other Ninja Team members, for that matter), or vice-versa. They are simply pretty girls who happened to be in the show. But, for the record, they are (From top to bottom) Anita from Gatchaman Fighter #11, Aberia from Gatchaman Fighter #16, and Karen from Gatchaman Fighter #9.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 11-02-2009 at 03:48.
No new posts 11-02-2009 03:47 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Great added pics Boeke. Thanks for sharing them.

Springie, I love your added photo in it. first

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 13-02-2009 22:34 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

quote:

Actually, none of those girls expressed an interest in Ken (Or any of the other Ninja Team members, for that matter), or vice-versa. They are simply pretty girls who happened to be in the show. But, for the record, they are (From top to bottom) Anita from Gatchaman Fighter #11, Aberia from Gatchaman Fighter #16, and Karen from Gatchaman Fighter #9.

James

Thanks for keeping me straight!

I was going on remembered personal reactions to the ladies in question - but if having pretty girls in peril forms the basis for some of the speculation, well... Smile it wouldn't be the first time some viewer identified with a character in a program.

And - if I recall correctly, Karen did not survive leaping in to disable her father's (?) device-o-destruction built for Egobossler....

Anita was a rebel group leader - almost as distrustful of Gatchaman as of Galactor (though she changed her mind)...

And Aberia was some high level representative from the Gatchaverse version of the Netherlands? The tulip-flowers mutating into deadly butterflies... right?

No new posts 14-02-2009 14:16 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: