Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » I need some advice about scanning...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I need some advice about scanning...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
I need some advice about scanning... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone

I've bought an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. There was some pictures in a book I want to scan but I can't get the book flat enough to get the whole picture. I don't want to tear out the pages. I know many Gatchamaniacs are better than me at this and I would appreciate any tips or tricks!

Thanks!

No new posts 23-02-2009 19:07 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

When I have to scan from a book, I usually set it on the scanner so that one side hangs off the edge and falls at about a 90 degree angle. I find that it flattens out nicely. (do I make any sense?)

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 23-02-2009 19:22 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
When I have to scan from a book, I usually set it on the scanner so that one side hangs off the edge and falls at about a 90 degree angle. I find that it flattens out nicely. (do I make any sense?)

Do you bend the book or just hold it to keep it in place?

No new posts 24-02-2009 01:40 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I tried it your way SJ and it works! I only had to crop some of the image off but you can still see the picture. Thank you very much!Thumbsup

No new posts 24-02-2009 01:53 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Glad it worked!!

It's crude, but I find it does just fine for me...

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 24-02-2009 02:39 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: