Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Its a Galactor plot I tell ya!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Its a Galactor plot I tell ya!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Its a Galactor plot I tell ya!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was watching the news today and to my horror...

They muttered the words 'ban' and Vegemite in the same sentence...

So an Aussie that would cause a national rebellion...How could they even consider it...my breakfast would never be the same and my eldest daughter loves her vegemite sandwiches.

Some crap about it being unheathy and full of salt...now if they realized how much vegemite goes onto bread they may rethink that statement. They better ban Macdonalds before they ban a national icon and food group!

I figure Galactor has something to do with it...grrrr

No new posts 08-01-2009 11:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, I've never had vegemite, but if it is to Australians what peanut butter is to me, then I can fully understand your outrage!

Now I'm thinking about that episode where Galactor steals the world's sugar with that "Ibukuron" mecha, and how horrified Ryu is.

Definitely Galactor...

No new posts 08-01-2009 13:56 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I gather Galactor knows how to push your buttons, Ebony!
Now if they tried to ban Flakes and Crunchie bars, I'd be up in arms!!!

No new posts 08-01-2009 15:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I tasted some vegemite my dad brought back from Australia years ago and didn't particularly care for it... but I know it's popular there and makes no sense why they would ban it...

No new posts 08-01-2009 15:25 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

All of you will bow to Galactor!....the vegimite its ours & you will starve....eat meat ....hahahaha  

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ladygalactor777 on 08-01-2009 at 15:34.
No new posts 08-01-2009 15:32 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ladygalactor777
the vegimite its ours & you will starve....eat meat ....hahahaha

Now theres a thought... could you have 'baconmite' instead? Wink

No new posts 08-01-2009 15:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

I see a market potential here, black market mind. Smuggling Marmite (vegemite by another name) into the southern hemisphere

No new posts 08-01-2009 16:30 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL- All teh Aussies lining up to get their fix of Vegemite...

I would be like banning peanut butter in other countries al together.

Most people in australia grew on it from Childhood, and most people who have never tried it before put it on too thick. You only need a sliver of spread because its a strong flavour.

I use it in cooking casseroles too.

Yeah I know I blame Galactor a lot for things but then I'm a Swan and we know Galactor likes to steal things like Sugar... Maybe Katse has a liking for Vegemite! grins

No new posts 08-01-2009 22:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

The question I have Ebony is WHERE are they planning to ban it? As you say I can not imagine it being banned in Australia, it is a National Product. So perhaps they were talking about banning the importing of the product into some other country.

No new posts 08-01-2009 22:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Ebony, I so hope they don't pull that off. I've never seen vegemite, but I would be curious enough to try it.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-01-2009 22:43 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Most people in australia grew on it from Childhood, and most people who have never tried it before put it on too thick. You only need a sliver of spread because its a strong flavour.

Ahh... that's probably the problem... I know I put that stuff on a cracker like it was peanut butter Smile

No new posts 09-01-2009 02:19 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by Ladygalactor777
the vegimite its ours & you will starve....eat meat ....hahahaha

Now theres a thought... could you have 'baconmite' instead? Wink

Hmmm!... It may be a good idea birdie Jun, it could save Galactor from this resetion crisis that is affecting every body. Yaright2  

No new posts 09-01-2009 05:28 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
The question I have Ebony is WHERE are they planning to ban it? As you say I can not imagine it being banned in Australia, it is a National Product. So perhaps they were talking about banning the importing of the product into some other country.

Some goodie goodie health group are trying to get it banned for "health reasons..." If they come close to succeeding there will be a national revolt! Lol

No new posts 09-01-2009 22:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Ebony, I so hope they don't pull that off. I've never seen vegemite, but I would be curious enough to try it.

I might send you a jar one day....grins... have't lived unless you've had vegemite on toast...

No new posts 09-01-2009 22:21 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

If you do, I'll have to let you know my response. Along with asking the "proper" way of eating it. To get the full Aussie experience.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 10-01-2009 18:51 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Banning Vegemite would be un-Australian!! Some idiot e-mailed "Sunrise" saying that it wouldn't matter as nobody liked it. They did a poll and 91% of callers said that they loved it.

Most new-vegemite eaters make the mistake of putting too much on their toast. It realy does only need a scraping as it's got a very strong taste.

And Marmite!! Cheap Vegemite knockoff. It definitely doesn't replace it at all!

I agree that Vegemite is also very good in stews and some people put it in gravy as well.

If you've read Terry Pratchett's "The Last Continent", then you will have a good idea of vegemite....

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 10-01-2009 21:51 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
And Marmite!! Cheap Vegemite knockoff. It definitely doesn't replace it at all!

I agree that Vegemite is also very good in stews and some people put it in gravy as well.

If you've read Terry Pratchett's "The Last Continent", then you will have a good idea of vegemite....

Mmmmm Could Marite have joined Galactor!!! And they want to take out the competiton...

I bet the Eagle likes Vegemite on his toast....grins!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 11-01-2009 at 10:08.
No new posts 11-01-2009 10:08 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You Aussies have me really curious to try it now. I think I've seen it in some grocery stores around here that have lots of imported foods.

No new posts 11-01-2009 21:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

It's one of those foods that if you like it, you love it, if you don't you don't - there's really no mid way with it.

An Aussie staple sandwich is a vegemite and cheese sandwich - bread, butter, scraping of vegemite and a slice of cheese (it has to be the processed pre-sliced cheese).

And, of course, there is the "worm". Sao biscuit, butter, scraping of vegemite. Put another one on top, squeeze together and watch it come out the holes!

Go ahead and try it Lborgia - but just remember to only scrape it on (about 1 small teaspoon on a slice of toast).

Ahhh vegemite - so many ways to enjoy it!

And now - for everybody's enjoyment: THE VEGEMITE AD!

This is the original ad - but it's still used today (with some colour added)

I keep having to edit this. What do you get when you combine vegemite with Anime? THIS!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Madilayn on 12-01-2009 at 06:35.
No new posts 12-01-2009 06:27 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Laugh1 I'm not sure if that ad makes me more curious to try it, or more afraid of it!

No new posts 12-01-2009 06:37 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: