Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Majel Barrett Roddenberry
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Majel Barrett Roddenberry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Majel Barrett Roddenberry Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have heard from a online friend that Majel Barrett Roddenberry, the wife of Gene Roddenberry the creater of Star Trek has died on the 18th of cancer. She was aged 76

If anybody here deosn't know who she is then read on.

Majel starred as No 1 in the initial Star Trek pilot, The Cage which was used in the Star Trek The Original Series 2 parter episode The Menagerie.

During the run of The Original Series, she was recast as Nurse Chapel and was the voice of the computer which she did throughout all the Star Trek TV and film series.

She used her voice in Star Trek The Animated Series and also starred as Lwaxana Troi, the annoying mother of Deanna Troi in Star Trek The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine.

She has starred in 2 other Gene Roddenberry's sci-fi shows, Genesis II. Earth: Final Conflict, in which she played the character Dr. Julianne Belman and was a Producer of the series and Andromeda.

She has also appeared in Babalyon 5 as the psychic widow of the Centauri emperor, a role which foreshadowed major plot elements in the series.

I am sure we will miss her and so pick up your blood wine, Romulan ales, Earl Grey teas or any of your favourite drinks and lets raise our mugs, glasses and cups in toast to her.

No new posts 20-12-2008 11:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree, this is a loss for all fans of Star Trek.

No new posts 20-12-2008 15:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

She was a true icon in science fiction. I will drink a Romulan ale in her memory.

No new posts 20-12-2008 18:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

She shall be missed.

No new posts 20-12-2008 20:17 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

Sad news indeed. She was a "grand dame" of science fiction and a pioneer as a producer and caretaker of Gene Roddenberry's work. Now one more star in the galaxy.

No new posts 21-12-2008 03:51 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: