Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Tatsunoko Art Fair
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tatsunoko Art Fair
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Tatsunoko Art Fair Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Well, if anyone here just happens to find themselves in Ikebukuro anytime between October 30th and November 5th, and if you happen to have a spare 39,900 yen (Around $405.00 at current exchange rates) burning a hole in your pocket, then stop by the 6th floor art gallery of the Tobu Department Store. Why? Because during that week, Tobu is hosting a Tatsunoko Art Fair, where they will be selling 30 different Giclee art prints based on various Tatsunoko series. As should be no surprise, since I wouldn't bother to mention it here otherwise, Gatchaman prints are among those being offered. Each of the prints have an edition size of 200 copies. The official website for the art show can be found here:

Tatsunoko Art Fair

They only show a few of the 30 different prints that will be available, but they do show a Gatchaman one toward the bottom of the page. The image is a familiar one, taken from the original artwork Ippei Kuri created for the Gatchaman movie poster. And, as you probably already guessed, that print costs 39,900 yen. Of course, if you're feeling more frugal, there's always the print of Mach GoGoGo by Suzuka Yoshida that a bargain at 18,900 yen ($192.00 at current exchange rates)!

Let's see, airfare to and from Tokyo, plus train fare to and from Ikebukuro, plus 39,900 yen for the Giclee... Something tell me I won't think I'll be doing that one...

James

No new posts 28-10-2008 22:39 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh come on, James! Surely you can get a third party to intervene and bid for you... Wink

I agree the art looks nice, but the price is a little steep!

No new posts 28-10-2008 22:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

quote:
Oh come on, James! Surely you can get a third party to intervene and bid for you...

If it was an auction or a mail order item, sure. But it's not. It's an event where you have to show up an purchase the items in person.

I wonder what will happen to any leftovers...?

James

No new posts 28-10-2008 22:55 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

This would be fun to attend. Hmmm, the artist is talented, but that's not really a favourite image of Ken for me -something about the expression on his face and his pose strike me as atypical for him.

The Casshern one, three images up, is nice...

I just need more money! Laugh2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 28-10-2008 at 23:30.
No new posts 28-10-2008 23:16 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Still I am sure you could find a third party to show up, buy the picture and then send it to you.

That person would be the buyer you would just be purchasing off of the third party. Wink

No new posts 28-10-2008 23:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Still I am sure you could find a third party to show up, buy the picture and then send it to you.

Perhaps...if i knew anyone who lived in Tokyo at the moment, which I currently don't. Do you?

James

No new posts 28-10-2008 23:56 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Ummm, Sorry no.

No new posts 29-10-2008 00:04 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: