Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Child rearing
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Child rearing
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-04-2004

spacer
Child rearing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

ACK! What is it about kids hitting the double digets that makes 'em think they rule the world? My daughter turned ten two weeks ago and now thinks she can walk to and from school by herself, stay at home instead of daycare, and bring her friends over without warning me first!

*Sigh* I feel a migraine coming on Detonate

No new posts 19-06-2004 02:55 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

When they hit the double digits the start testing boundaries in different ways.

If you dont set and reinforce the ground rules now it gets worse in teen years.

The taking self to and from school is just wanting some independence if you explain the reasons why she cant right now she will respect you for it else maybe reach a compromise let her go to and from with a friend who lives nearby that you trust?

With regards to the lack of daycare you guessed it more explaining about the law and the fact she is underaged to be left home unsupervised and that she has to go daycare.

The last is just getting her to understand that not everyone likes surprise visits and if she asks first which as a child she still has to do (contrary to their beliefs) she may be told its fine otherwise there could be reasons why she cant have them over on that day.

My son went through this wonderful period inviting people in to his room etc which he had forgotten to clean. So he was quiet strongly told no guests til his rooms clean and without asking permission first. We had a long chat afterwards and he did understand and yes did actually listen.

Good luck with your daughter Ashke. Huggles

No new posts 19-06-2004 09:32 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just do what my mam did, give em a good hiydin!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 19-06-2004 14:49 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Why not run away from home now...before they beat you to it

No new posts 19-06-2004 14:54 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the advice FB! Though I must admit that I like Cep and Tengu's ideas better! LOL! Thanks guys.

No new posts 20-06-2004 00:18 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Rotfl

I like their advice too pity it came too late for me mines 16 now.

I have also become an auntie again so guess my fate is sealed.

No new posts 21-06-2004 18:41 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ack! Scary stuff! Could be worse, at least your not a Grandma! *fingers crossed*

No new posts 03-07-2004 02:34 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Ill take the fear of ever becoming a granparent any day over the TERROR OF RAISING TEENAGEERS!!!!!!

ScaredScaredScared

I mean they suddenly speak a different language, everything you say shall and will be taken as a personal affront, they suddenly know everything, rolling their eyes , when you try to give advice.. and wait till you get the DEATH GLARE that freezes hell over, if you even DARE to walk in their room unannounced!!! Evil4

ScaredScaredScared

No new posts 03-07-2004 18:53 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

I think I will get myself sterilised; It will make a great conversation stopper...

(The other great conversation stopper of mine is "Im sorry, I did not see that show; I have no TV.")

No new posts 03-07-2004 19:10 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

My son knows better than to make me a granny anytime soon.

I want him to be a kid first before he is a parent. At the moment he is looking at doing a training scheme having just finished school.

He passed 5 out of 6 exams (though still waiting another result).

He has told me what he wants to do and I have to be honest here he is aware the things he wants he needs to work for and he is prepared to do that.

On the whole despite the death glares ( Wink ) He is a pretty good kid and I am very proud of him

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:16 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
He is a pretty good kid and I am very proud of him

And THATS what its all about in the end isnt it?...despite the times of frustration, or tears over bruised knees or egos, throughout their trials and tribulations at school with friends with growing up..we love and are proud of our little darlings..

thats a heartwarming sentiment FB.

Animerose

<ah crikey...no more wine for me tonight!> Drunk

No new posts 04-07-2004 17:12 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Found a pic tonight that had me chuckling ....

Reason why kids need parenting, why Buff and Yuki shouldnt leave their bubba's to be with siblings, and why you end up with a wierd smile in a situation like the pic....you know, THAT smile...the one thats between wanting to laugh and cry in frustration at the same time!@

Wink1

No new posts 06-07-2004 17:58 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Cricket runs upstairs to check.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 06-07-2004 19:44 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL! Oh My! That picture is definitely something that would happen at my home! (Except it was a cat and glitter glue. Poor thing had bald spots for months!)

No new posts 13-07-2004 05:40 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: